Kill it with fire!

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
The big single turbo LS swapped Fox drag cars, I get it - light body with a big engine bay that only has to go straight. I don't care for it - but it makes sense. Doing it to a real Terminator? That's just wrong. Why ruin the car like that???

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
Why are people brand loyal? What makes someone a "ford guy"? Any logical basis for these opinions?

I've always been around cars all my life, even as a kid I liked Ford, we restored some 66 mustangs as a kid. I drove a 64 Ford F100 for a while in HS, I always wanted 67 Fairlane 390 4 speed car. Not real sure why this matters, or why anyone cares, but if we didn't care there would only be one forum.

Apparently I'm not the only one that feels this way either by looking at all the forums are out there Ford, Chevy, Dodge yada yada yada there are literality 100's. Now that I think about it this seems kind of dumb to explain this on a website strictly dedicated to a Ford product none the less.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Why are people brand loyal? What makes someone a "ford guy"? Any logical basis for these opinions?

Because some of us have always liked fords. Doesn't mean I "hate" any of the other models it's just what I like. Do you have a favorite soda, beer, deodorant, pizza, jeans, football team, basketball team, hockey team, baseball team, blonde or brunette, ect?

Your statements make no sense, everyone on this planet has something they prefer or like over the other one. If you say no, then your the one being ignorant and butthurt.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I find it weird to see a swap like this. I know the potential is great in an LS engine but do it to a terminator that everyone knows has a proven power plant seems odd. Almost like its done to try and ridicule one of fords most popular/famous mustangs. I just wonder what the true motive behind LS swaps are sometimes, beside being "so much cheaper" blah blah blah.

Vr4me

Senior Lurker
Established Member
Because some of us have always liked fords. Doesn't mean I "hate" any of the other models it's just what I like. Do you have a favorite soda, beer, deodorant, pizza, jeans, football team, basketball team, hockey team, baseball team, blonde or brunette, ect?

Your statements make no sense, everyone on this planet has something they prefer or like over the other one. If you say no, then your the one being ignorant and butthurt.

I thought about it after I clicked submit. I like the Cleveland Browns and that doesn't make sense either... lol

I was basically trying to understand why people are so sensitive when it comes to it.

4601S/C

Established Member
crying+gif+santana+glee+transtornada.gif

Venomous 03

Established Member
Lol at all the ls swapped mustangs out there.
Just a bunch chevy guys buying a car that actually looks good and put a chevy motor in it to feel a lil better about how ugly chevy cars are lol

jk_aktion

Established Member
Ah who cares.. It will still get spanked by another Terminator with its original engine.

Last edited:

Snake Plissken

Established Member

God knows I love my Speed Stick! Makes my underarms smell fresh all day. Oh yeah, GO BLUES!

OW99

Established Member
People have been using Fords for this purpose for decades... I wonder how many '32 Fords there are with Chevy small blocks? Personally, I'm not a fan of this.

Reason being is the small block chevy could be made MUCH faster than a flathead ford.

Also I'm sure the reason behind this ls swap was this car was bought as a roller. Getting a complete terminator engine with all the stuff you need would cost a ton of money. Building a 4valve from scratch cost more than a ls as well. With the ls being faster too. Also he could have put in a small block ford but the aftermarket block and the expensive cylinder heads just to match the flow of a factory headed ls may have deterred him as well. I'm sure this ls will be boosted and run a good number.

CrispyBacon

Established Member
Realistically tho, how much is the cost of converting everything to work so it behaves like a street car not a drag car.(you know gauges, lights, harness, mounts, transmission, and whatnot) yeah the engine is cheap but is the swap cheap?

^actual question... since i have no interest in this i have never looked at the option

b_dike

Established Member
You think this is bad... Just wait till I show y'all my LS swapped Ferrari lol

How could someone not understand how this would be upsetting. It's just sad, really.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Reason being is the small block chevy could be made MUCH faster than a flathead ford.

Ahhh... What? Ford makes more than the old Flathead motor. Visit Ford web site, they sell crate motors of all sizes that will fit and produce the same or more power than a small block Chevy. Crate motors have been around for decades. Ford Flathead production ran from '32 - '53. Plenty of non-flathead Fords to chose from '54 through today.

Last edited:

FortLewisCobra

Established Member

Also I'm sure the reason behind this ls swap was this car was bought as a roller. Getting a complete terminator engine with all the stuff you need would cost a ton of money. Building a 4valve from scratch cost more than a ls as well. With the ls being faster too. Also he could have put in a small block ford but the aftermarket block and the expensive cylinder heads just to match the flow of a factory headed ls may have deterred him as well. I'm sure this ls will be boosted and run a good number.

Aftermarket Block and heads to keep up with a factory combination? Pretty sure you've got that situation backwards... http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1134354

RubberDuck

You even lift?
Established Member
I understand it, there cheap to build, there are tons of parts out there, doesn't mean I like it nor would I ever do it. I actually think its a disgrace, being a true Ford guy.

The only thing more expensive than building a Ford is building a Mopar, I don't have any experience with the new stuff but my dad and I are restoring a 68 charger.

Try building a late 60s buick with a buick 455 engine. Mother of god that will make a man broke.

OW99

Established Member

Ahhh... What? Ford makes more than the old Flathead motor. Visit Ford web site, they sell crate motors of all sizes that will fit and produce the same or more power than a small block Chevy. Crate motors have been around for decades. Ford Flathead production ran from '32 - '53. Plenty of non-flathead Fords to chose from '54 through today.

I'm aware they make non-flathead ford crate engines. I'm talking about when model Bs were hot rodded in the 50s. And my statement still stands today referring to a gen 1 small block chevy and a flathead ford.

Users who are viewing this thread