Kill it with fire!

starnsey

Established Member
I find it weird to see a swap like this. I know the potential is great in an LS engine but do it to a terminator that everyone knows has a proven power plant seems odd. Almost like its done to try and ridicule one of fords most popular/famous mustangs. I just wonder what the true motive behind LS swaps are sometimes, beside being "so much cheaper" blah blah blah.

It's pretty much this. I see this guy post on the Mach 1 Registry group on Facebook and he pretty much just exists to troll Mustang fans.

xchamp

Established Member
Lol at all the ls swapped mustangs out there.
Just a bunch chevy guys buying a car that actually looks good and put a chevy motor in it to feel a lil better about how ugly chevy cars are lol

X2. Can't stand to see it any Ford let alone a terminator!! Guy would have to be a complete moron!!! I always hear the excuse that they cheaper to do, then why do so many big dollar Ford street rods have Chevy power?? I just don't get it!!

Svtmustang01

Established Member
Working on an ls generation motor is so much better. To start it doesnt take a few hours to take the valve covers off but a few minutes (obviously in car). Having a variety of blocks to choose from with larger displacement is nice also. The terminator motor and gt500 motor all the ford motors are nice motors. The problem is when I can go to any junkyard and buy a 4th generation 5.3 and slap an ebay turbo on it and make big power equal to or more than the a cobra with a twin screw. Now it still doesnt belong in a ford lol. If there was someway to have justified it I would have done an ls swap instead of a termi swap, but hey i have a termiswap.

mrose75

Established Member
The big single turbo LS swapped Fox drag cars, I get it - light body with a big engine bay that only has to go straight. I don't care for it - but it makes sense. Doing it to a real Terminator? That's just wrong. Why ruin the car like that???

Agreed. WTF?

Maustang

Established Member
Ha ha ha
bb4712283e5bd9ca7423785ce67a7a0c.jpg

DukesI3

Established Member
Cars should be like fingerprints. All should be different, to fit us individually. If someone wants an ls engine in their termi, go for it. I love the imagination and willingness. Otherwise we're all driving the same car and there's no difference. Respect here, as a true car enthusiast. I'd actually enjoy seeing this car / talking to the guy that did the work on it and drives it. Maybe that's just because I like cars in general, no biased bs.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Cars should be like fingerprints. All should be different, to fit us individually. If someone wants an ls engine in their termi, go for it. I love the imagination and willingness. Otherwise we're all driving the same car and there's no difference. Respect here, as a true car enthusiast. I'd actually enjoy seeing this car / talking to the guy that did the work on it and drives it. Maybe that's just because I like cars in general, no biased bs.

There is nothing wrong with Brand loyalty. That's what drives competition and competition is a good thing. As far as "we're all driving the same car", that's not true. Take this section of SVTP for example and read the sigs. in peoples post. Yeah, they may be 03 and 04 Mustang Cobras, but a lot of them are far from being the "same" Personally, I don't see much imagination in putting a LS motor in a Ford car. I was at a car show once and a guy put a Cummins turbo Diesel in a early Chevy Monte Carlo, now that's imagination!

Last edited:

Snake Plissken

Established Member
I'm aware they make non-flathead ford crate engines. I'm talking about when model Bs were hot rodded in the 50s. And my statement still stands today referring to a gen 1 small block chevy and a flathead ford.

Why do you keep talking about the Flathead? After '53 Ford produced other V8s. You don't think every '32 built in the '50s with a Ford motor was a Flathead, do you? As far as hp they were competitive with Chevy. In fact the Thunderbird had a hot 312cu mill. The factory supercharged '57 Thunderbird with 365hp was known as the Corvette killer.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

Because some of us have always liked fords. Doesn't mean I "hate" any of the other models it's just what I like. Do you have a favorite soda, beer, deodorant, pizza, jeans, football team, basketball team, hockey team, baseball team, blonde or brunette, ect?

BTW, what's a termi?

starnsey

Established Member
Judging by the reply's it looks like he does a good job of it. lol

Yeah, I mean it makes no difference to me. But he'll also post things like "my VIN shows that my Mach 1 came from the factory with Terminator body panels" and weird shit like that. I don't ever respond because I couldn't care less, but he definitely rustles some jimmies on facebook.

DukesI3

Established Member
There is nothing wrong with Brand loyalty. That's what drives competition and competition is a good thing. As far as "we're all driving the same car", that's not true. Take this section of SVTP for example and read the sigs. in peoples post. Yeah, they may be 03 and 04 Mustang Cobras, but a lot of them are far from being the "same" Personally, I don't see much imagination in putting a LS motor in a Ford car. I was at a car show once and a guy put a Cummins turbo Diesel in a early Chevy Monte Carlo, now that's imagination!
Touche, and Lol that is imagination! That's something I'd love to see. But back to the ls swap, I guess it just didn't bother me as much as some.

DukesI3

Established Member
Because some of us have always liked fords. Doesn't mean I "hate" any of the other models it's just what I like. Do you have a favorite soda, beer, deodorant, pizza, jeans, football team, basketball team, hockey team, baseball team, blonde or brunette, ect?

BTW, what's a termi?
Yes I do! All good points. I'm New here, is the term termi frowned upon?

hips14gt

Established Member
Guy should just put his mom and sister to work in a whorehouse if he would do that to a Cobra . Guys that say the LS motor swaps are cheaper are just too dumb to know how to get a Ford engine to run , How long do they last and how often do you have to replace them ?? seems the lower ends on them aren't that strong the way everyone says .. Speed costs !! How fast do you want to go ?? If the trolls love it so much get your asses out of here and go to your dumb LS sites and leave us alone !!

DukesI3

Established Member
Guy should just put his mom and sister to work in a whorehouse if he would do that to a Cobra . Guys that say the LS motor swaps are cheaper are just too dumb to know how to get a Ford engine to run , How long do they last and how often do you have to replace them ?? seems the lower ends on them aren't that strong the way everyone says .. Speed costs !! How fast do you want to go ?? If the trolls love it so much get your asses out of here and go to your dumb LS sites and leave us alone !!
I personally would not do that to a cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread