Kid attacked by dogs after trespassing in neighbors yard

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
While all this is fun and all, what do we do about the kids that run rampant in stores and crash carts into the back of your legs and run into you? I've googled suggestions and possible resolutions, but, I can only think of one. Be a good parent :D
I would be yelling at the kid AND the parent. or just fart on the kids head

Blackoyote

Established Member
Crazy...I saw a story pop up on a local news feed here about an incident, and when they mentioned the specifics I immediately thought about this thread. It turns out, it was just a very similar incident just 20 minutes south of me in SC.

Kid climbed fence (which is usually okay IF parents are watching and the dog is put away), but did so at a time when he wasn't supposed to. Luckily in this case he did survive, AND law enforcement immediately informed the dog owner that in no way were they liable.

08mojo

Established Member
To Keep the Bill Burr Theme going - 'If you do that again, Imma beat your mom to death with the family dog' - and smile at him. :)

Bill Burr is the best! My nephew was being a brat during one of my last visits. So, I took a page from Bill's book and splashed my nephew with a bit of water from my water bottle. The look on his face was priceless, poor kid was so confused it stopped him right in his tracks. It was just as Bill Burr described!

Zemedici

Established Member
Bill Burr is the best! My nephew was being a brat during one of my last visits. So, I took a page from Bill's book and splashed my nephew with a bit of water from my water bottle. The look on his face was priceless, poor kid was so confused it stopped him right in his tracks. It was just as Bill Burr described!

Oh my god hahahahahahaha I cannot imagine his face

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
An animal will always pay the price for a child's mistake.

-Harambe- RIP May 28, 2016

_92847058_c3c1256f-1f69-45fe-ade5-a1822e3d9b9c.jpg

D*cks out for Harambe

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
this mom is teaching the kid that he did nothing wrong. so in a few more years when little jimmy decides its ok to go inside the neighbors house without permission and gets shot, the mother can be on tv talking about how that man next door shouldnt be allowed to keep his shotgun under his bed and how the city isnt doing enough to stop this madness...

Machdup1

Established Member
Not going to pick a side on this one.

The kid did what an eight year old kid will do. Eight year old's don't know the dangers in the world and do stupid stuff.

The dogs did what some dogs will do. The protected their territory, it sucks but it is the way of things. Legally, I believe that a dog gets one incident, then on the second they get put down. If the dogs had done this before and/or the owners were aware of the dogs vicious nature, I have no mercy for the dogs or the owners.

The parents of the kid were not watching their eight year old kid. Parents do that sometimes, but sometimes it has consequences. Just saying without judging. We have all let our kids get out of our sight.

Overall, just a sad situation.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Sorry, but did nothing wrong comes with an asterisk. They would have killed AN 8 YEAR OLD KID that surely did not provoke them, had nobody intervened. Yeah.. no cause for any future concerns.

They defended their territory against someone trespassing. Let's not get it twisted.

this mom is teaching the kid that he did nothing wrong. so in a few more years when little jimmy decides its ok to go inside the neighbors house without permission and gets shot, the mother can be on tv talking about how that man next door shouldnt be allowed to keep his shotgun under his bed and how the city isnt doing enough to stop this madness...

LOL, this is exactly what my wife said. Tell the kid it was the dogs' fault now, and when he's 18 and still hopping fences and gets his ass shot, his mother can blame the gun.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
This has become the I,m a victim society it is no wonder that kids do these kind of things. Back in the day if I were caught on someone else,s property without permission the ol hickory switch would come out.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
and btw, as nice as sweet little jimmy is, jumping over the fence onto the dogs property is provoking the dogs. they dont understand that jimmy is only 8 years old with no priors.

what if the ball went into the neighbors pool and little jimmy almost drowns trying to retrieve it? should the neighbor be forced to enclose his pool? should he be forced to get rid of it?

this being with the understanding that said pool is in compliance with all local ordinances reqarding pools. as im sure the dogs probably were as well (ie, fenced in).

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member

When my daughter was little and threw fits like a crazy person we would spray her with a spray bottle. The first time was great. She had no idea what to do.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... Sad part is the kid will probably be scared of all dogs forever now unless he gets some help getting over it...

I grew up around overly aggressive dogs that used to terrorize the neighborhood. Shitty neighbors who wouldn't keep their beasts under control, yet a retarded boy (yes, literally retarded) antagonized our dog, got bit, and my parents put our dog down. He knew damned well NOT to be antagonizing dogs because, for one, he couldn't run for shit, and, two, he really did know better. Our dog was about the only one that wasn't aggressive toward people. Anyway...

Speaking of antagonizing, my uncle had a German Shepherd that he kept chained in the backyard. I put a sack over my head and was trying to spook it one day. My grandma called me back inside from messing with it. As I was going up the steps, the dog got loose and got me by my right calf. Luckily, some adults were there to pull it off. I was 4 or 5 at the time.

I said all that to say this. I grew up around scary dogs, and was attacked by one, but I've never had an innate fear of dogs. In fact, I want to have a couple German Shepherds now. Just waiting for our existing dogs to kick the bucket.

Damn, some of you guys need to rewatch The Sandlot movie. It basically taught us to jump the fence...but you gotta be quick!

Didn't they end up finding out the dog was actually nice?

Not likely, most states permit the use deadly force to defend against a home invasion.

They permit it to protect yourself and/or the occupants from bodily harm, NOT from just an invasion. You shoot somebody and they haven't even made any advances toward you, you just caught yourself a murder charge. There are only a handful of states like Florida that have snowflake laws that allow you to kill someone just because they yelled BOO! from across the street.

Some one touches my dogs, they will be regretting that poor decision.

You feel that way about your dog, but can't understand why someone would feel that way about their human child? What if your dog went into the neighbor's yard, and the neighbor teed off upside its head with a 9 iron? Your dog was trespassing, right?

So punish ... not because they did anything wrong, but maybe they will at some point in the future. More ****ed up logic.

Hmm... I might need to put that in my wallet for safe keeping until you participate in the next unarmed shooting thread. ;)

The larger issue is some people who regard the life of animals equal to or above that of human beings. ...

I seriously despise people like that. When I come across people that talk about their pets like they're on equal footing with children, I just politely walk away.

_Snake_

Established Member
You feel that way about your dog, but can't understand why someone would feel that way about their human child? What if your dog went into the neighbor's yard, and the neighbor teed off upside its head with a 9 iron? Your dog was trespassing, right?

Continuing your analogy, the neighbor with the 9 iron should be held liable, right? That's exactly what happened with the owner of the dogs.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I grew up around overly aggressive dogs that used to terrorize the neighborhood. Shitty neighbors who wouldn't keep their beasts under control, yet a retarded boy (yes, literally retarded) antagonized our dog, got bit, and my parents put our dog down. He knew damned well NOT to be antagonizing dogs because, for one, he couldn't run for shit, and, two, he really did know better. Our dog was about the only one that wasn't aggressive toward people. Anyway...

Speaking of antagonizing, my uncle had a German Shepherd that he kept chained in the backyard. I put a sack over my head and was trying to spook it one day. My grandma called me back inside from messing with it. As I was going up the steps, the dog got loose and got me by my right calf. Luckily, some adults were there to pull it off. I was 4 or 5 at the time.

I said all that to say this. I grew up around scary dogs, and was attacked by one, but I've never had an innate fear of dogs. In fact, I want to have a couple German Shepherds now. Just waiting for our existing dogs to kick the bucket.

Didn't they end up finding out the dog was actually nice?

They permit it to protect yourself and/or the occupants from bodily harm, NOT from just an invasion. You shoot somebody and they haven't even made any advances toward you, you just caught yourself a murder charge. There are only a handful of states like Florida that have snowflake laws that allow you to kill someone just because they yelled BOO! from across the street.

Hmm... I might need to put that in my wallet for safe keeping until you participate in the next unarmed shooting thread. ;)

I seriously despise people like that. When I come across people that talk about their pets like they're on equal footing with children, I just politely walk away.
Maybe you should start a new secret society where all dogs will be abolitionist.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
A parent has the responsibility to teach there kids the most basic dangers. We treated Fire, road and parking lot crossing, electrical, guns and ammo, and ALL animals as equally dangerous. I'm a firm believer in property protection rights. A lifetime of witnessed situations and from owning dogs, having 5 kids and witnessing the damage dogs can do to little kids. The large majority of the cases proves the onus of responsibility will be on the dog owner. This is the way I have seen it over and over in my life. Back in the day when dogs could play with the kids (unleashed) in the suburbs of DC. As a kid the county took and put down my dog because an older kid on a bike kept tormenting the dog and us kids, so she nipped him. As a young adult in a bar, I watched a regular elderly patron sit in a booth with his two pit bulls for years. Then the owners granddaughter 7or8 who visited to say high to her grandma would also visit with the dogs. She got bit in the cheek and eye. I have many other stories. All don't go well for the dog owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

talk to any cop and they'll tell you that if someone enters your home you shoot them dead. then there will be only one side of the story. and pretty much no jury is going to convict the homeowner if they were to actually be prosecuted. of course there may be some 1 in a million circumstances like it was broad day light and the intruder was a five year old but 99.9% of the time it will be a teenager or adult. and even if you did not kill the intruder. he's going to tell the cops, i didnt make a move towards him. i was just minding my own business. lol. you think anyone is going to listen to/believe the guy who just committed felony breaking and entering?
shooting them in the back is a different story. but most gun owning homeowners know that. those that dont, well, ignorance of the law is not a valid defense...

if my dog went onto my neighbors dog and got a 9 iron upside his head i would be damn pissed. at my dog. and my neighbor. and myself. but i would not demand that my neighbor be locked up or have his 9 iron taken away or anything like that. its MY responsibility to keep MY dogs on my property. once all three ran out the front gate and after a dog someone was walking. i had to run after them and grab them and drag them back to my yard and quickly close the gate. then i proceeded to teach them not to do that again. they havent. though i am careful when i open my automatic gate. to make sure people arent walking by (mostly dogs).

i think the problem is people these days dont know their neighbors. my street is not ideal for this since people have big properties that are fenced in but i know both of my side neighbors very well, and they know my dogs.
one neighbors dog gets out all the time. once he somehow got onto my driveway (totally fenced in property) and was just sniffing around. luckily my dogs were out back. i quickly grabbed that dog and dragged him back over next door before my big dog would tear him apart. im good with my neighbors. this same neighbor, his son would accidentally hit his soccer ball over every now and then and id toss it back over. once, while he (father) was out there i told him, just an fyi i have no problem with the ball coming over but if it comes over and i dont know about it and the dogs get a hold of it they will tear it pieces. they've eaten a few of my sons toys (just yesterday in fact lol) the ball really doesnt come over any more. im sure he told his son he may lose a ball if he's not more careful. and to not even think about scaling our fence to retrieve it.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
A parent has the responsibility to teach there kids the most basic dangers. We treated Fire, road and parking lot crossing, electrical, guns and ammo, and ALL animals as equally dangerous. I'm a firm believer in property protection rights. A lifetime of witnessed situations and from owning dogs, having 5 kids and witnessing the damage dogs can do to little kids. The large majority of the cases proves the onus of responsibility will be on the dog owner. This is the way I have seen it over and over in my life. Back in the day when dogs could play with the kids (unleashed) in the suburbs of DC. As a kid the county took and put down my dog because an older kid on a bike kept tormenting the dog and us kids, so she nipped him. As a young adult in a bar, I watched a regular elderly patron sit in a booth with his two pit bulls for years. Then the owners granddaughter 7or8 who visited to say high to her grandma would also visit with the dogs. She got bit in the cheek and eye. I have many other stories. All don't go well for the dog owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont know how long ago that was but man im tired of people taking their damn dogs in public places. not just little toy dogs in a purse but medium and large dogs. i was at home depot grabbing some stuff and two people with their dogs on leashes crossed paths and the dogs both went apeshit on each other right in the middle of store. one of the owners, an older lady, struggling to hold her dog back. wtf people. leave the damn dogs at home! maybe its just LA but im seeing this everywhere i go. in all kinds of stores. even in a grocery store. damn medium sized dog sitting in a shopping cart. wtf? i went to Offspring/Sublime concert and an outdoor venue and we're sitting there in our seats, waiting for the first show to start. people still coming in. all of a sudden a dog runs up to me and says hello. he then runs off and runs around through a few rows and back to his owner. emotional support dog i guess?? never seen that before. ive known a few people in my life who have an irrational, deathly fear of dogs. they shouldnt have to encounter dogs in places where dogs are not supposed to be. (seeing eye dogs excluded which are always calm and at their owners side, on a leash).

and dont get me wrong. i love dogs. owned them my whole life. have 3 now. i used to take my pug to various places but within reason. im just waiting to see one in a restaurant or a movie theater. a small business im sure would say get that ****ing dog out of here but these big stores just let people do whatever they want.

Users who are viewing this thread