Kid attacked by dogs after trespassing in neighbors yard

Gravik

Established Member
-kid loses ball over neighbors fence
-instead of being smart and going and knocking on the front door, kid decides to climb fence and trespass
-kid attacked by 3 dogs
-dog owner must now have a special kennel, dogs must wear muzzles

"[My son] went through so much trauma, and the fact that these animals are allowed to just stay there and are basically off the hook for attacking my son," Long said.

http://via.fox13now.com/AOvcf

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's absolute bullshit.

I understand where both sides come from, but at the end of the day, the kid [presumably] knew the dogs were over there. He should have gone to the front door.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
ugh that's just stupid. if i was the dogs owner id be giving them treats for doing their job.

that kids lucky to be alive. teach him not to jump over people's fences. my 16 year old nephew recently did this at my house during a party. basketball went over the fence and he was about jump over to get it. i told him, wtf is wrong with you?! next party, no more basketball.

that guys dogs did nothing wrong and were protecting their property from an intruder. its absolutely ridiculous that he has to keep them in a kennel when theyre outside. is the kid planning on jumping over the fence again or something? is the city encouraging that? if the dogs broke through the fence to get into the neighbors yard or the dogs jumped over it that would be one thing but theyre just minding their business within the boundaries of their own property. just plain stupid and overreaction on the city's part. and the mothers comment about them allowing the dogs to still be there lol. if YOUR kid doesnt hop over the fence again, there will be no issue. im sure she wants the dogs euthanized.

if some dumb kid hops over my fence he's going to get the same treatment from my 120 lb Cane Corso and ill be damned if im going to keep him locked up for doing his job. if anything he'll get a raise!

i feel bad for the kid but its his own fault and a good learning lesson. like sticking a paper clip in a light socket or grabbing a hot iron, etc...

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Stupid kid is stupid.

I wasn't sure dogs could determine if a person was old or young and make a decision to not attack based on that. /sarcasm

Kid trespassed, most likely knew there were dogs, got attacked. NOT the dog owners fault.

Do spoons make people fat? Do guns kill people on their own? No, didn't think so. Hate these types of outcomes.

Dogs are no longer allowed to guard their territory and owners cannot protect their property in the process. How does that work?

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Stupid kid is stupid.
Dogs are no longer allowed to guard their territory and owners cannot protect their property in the process. How does that work?

I dont agree with the whole concept of using a dog as a "guard" anywhere in suburban america. As intelligent as dogs are they are simply too dumb to tell the difference between a rapist, murderer, thief, mailman, paramedic, LEO, firefighter, 90yr grandma or 8yr old kid who lost his ball.

I cant fathom why someone would want to own a dog that is likely to attack a small child.

Are dogs great for security? Sure, but the reality is for every burglar that gets bit by a dog they are 50 kids, elderly people and mailmen getting attacked. Not good odds...

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Would be interesting to see the transcripts. If the dogs have a history of aggression they could be viewed as a boobytrap. Though a property owner generally has no duty to make his property safe for a trespasser, you can not intentionally set "traps" designed to harm them.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
If this were in CA, the dogs would have been put down and the owner would have to pay any and all medical and therapy costs, plus restitution.

I don't agree with the outcome. The kid shouldn't have hopped the fence. The kid trespassed.

Lots of people like to have dogs to protect their home. Its a deterrent to criminals, especially if the dogs are able to have access to the property in front of the house.

I see no mention of dog breed.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I would agree there should have been a sign. Sounds like the dogs were pretty aggressive b/c I doubt the kid came at them or the owner like he was going to hurt them. Sad part is the kid will probably be scared of all dogs forever now unless he gets some help getting over it and that sucks b/c most dogs are awesome

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Shitty for the dog's owners to be forced to put up with that bullshit. Sucks for the dogs too.

Society placing blame on homeowners for dumb kids going into their property and getting hurt is the number 1 reason I will not put up a trampoline or put in a pool. I don't need dumb parents suing me for their moron children hurting/killing themselves on my shit.

Smdh.

Users who are viewing this thread