Kenny Brown Cobra Coupe Springs - The Company is done, Moog an option?

whocares

Established Member
Hey guys, I've been real busy at work. I'll get the springs shipped out in the next few days. I hope they can get you guys fixed up :beer:

DonMTV

Established Member
Hey Whocares,
Just let me know what I need to send you. I gave you the info in a PM so you can talk to Kevin about what they are going to do. I look forward to hearing from you.

Take care,
Don

DonMTV

Established Member
Whocares PM'ed me to let me know that he shipped the Kenny Brown Springs to the company that is going to reverse engineer the springs for me. As soon as that company gets them the turn around time is a day or two for them to ship them back to Whocares.

I am sure that I will be hearing back from the company soon after that. Once I do hear back, I will see what they have to say and then let you guys know what I find out.

Take care,
Don

DonMTV

Established Member
If you know someone who has Kenny Brown Convertible Cobra Springs that could be sent to be reverse engineered. Then we can look into having those done. Anyone willing to ship their Vert springs?

Don

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
DonMTV said:
Whocares PM'ed me to let me know that he shipped the Kenny Brown Springs to the company that is going to reverse engineer the springs for me. As soon as that company gets them the turn around time is a day or two for them to ship them back to Whocares.

I am sure that I will be hearing back from the company soon after that. Once I do hear back, I will see what they have to say and then let you guys know what I find out.

Take care,
Don
thats great news! I hope this works out for everybody that didn't get a set of KB springs that missed out the first time around!

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
I will be selling my vert KB springs & caster camber plates soon...switching to MM C/O's. They have <2k miles on them. If interested PM me.

oxfordman03

In Denial
Established Member
Come on boys. Figure it out. KB didn't make any springs or have them custom made for them by anyone. I had them installed back in '03 at the shop in Indy. These are repackaged Ford lowering springs for the '99-'03 Mustang Cobra part# M-5300-J out of the Ford Racing Performance Parts Catalog. 600 lb. spring rate front and rear for the coupe. Lowers the car 1.5"+.

BWH2003

Established Member
oxfordman03 said:
Come on boys. Figure it out. KB didn't make any springs or have them custom made for them by anyone. I had them installed back in '03 at the shop in Indy. These are repackaged Ford lowering springs for the '99-'03 Mustang Cobra part# M-5300-J out of the Ford Racing Performance Parts Catalog. 600 lb. spring rate front and rear for the coupe. Lowers the car 1.5"+.

And where did you get this info?

oxfordman03

In Denial
Established Member
This came from Jim and Kurt who had been with Kenny from day one and an instructor at an SVTOA ontrack event at Indianapolis Raceway Park who had a KB prepared Mustang racercar. Look around, go to the track, talk to people. No, I can't prove it to your 100% satisfaction but if this is that important to everyone, order a set, compare them with the Kenny Brown springs then return them. This would be a cheaper 1st step than having them "reverse engineered". All you can find out is spring rate and heighth (number of coils) anyway. Those are the only factors involved. KB used them because they are the same as stock spring rate for their "Cobra Sport" package. This was a "compromise" set up so you could do some track days but still have factory ride. Most track guys don't like them on the '03/'04 as they are too soft for such a heavy car, I like them because they keep the tires on the ground better than a harder spring. Sorry to cause you pain. :( :pop:

Users who are viewing this thread