kb 2.6 and mods

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
black03 said:
I've got one on my car but not tuned or anything. The car runs.. Waiting on my block from Al.

Soon.. :beer:

What kind of supporting mods do you have for that beastly power? What kind of block is Al whipping up for you and with what internals/compression ratio? I'd love to know what is required to run the 3.4L Whipple safely! Oh! Are you going to be driving it daily??? Thanks!!! :beer:

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
SIr RicCuS said:
What kind of supporting mods do you have for that beastly power? What kind of block is Al whipping up for you and with what internals/compression ratio? I'd love to know what is required to run the 3.4L Whipple safely! Oh! Are you going to be driving it daily??? Thanks!!! :beer:

You are going to need the same basic mods for a 2.3 Whipple. What I reccomend to everyone and anyone, when you rebuild a motor go with the standard 17cc Dished Piston and go .020" over. Use ARP Main Studs; Rod Bolts and Head Studs. You're factory rod is able to support into the 800's, just don't over rev the car. Depending on you're RWHP goal, you will need Injectors,Pumps (If GT Pumps, use Modified FPDM) Fuel Rails and I would like to see people use atleast a -8an fuel line.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
2003Slobra said:
You are going to need the same basic mods for a 2.3 Whipple. What I reccomend to everyone and anyone, when you rebuild a motor go with the standard 17cc Dished Piston and go .020" over. Use ARP Main Studs; Rod Bolts and Head Studs. You're factory rod is able to support into the 800's, just don't over rev the car. Depending on you're RWHP goal, you will need Injectors,Pumps (If GT Pumps, use Modified FPDM) Fuel Rails and I would like to see people use atleast a -8an fuel line.

Thanks for the info! What about driveline wise?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
SIr RicCuS said:
Thanks for the info! What about driveline wise?

Still running the stock 6 speed with a Liberty 26 spline input shaft. Got a Ram Street Dual Disc going in shortly and I've got a built 8.8 in it as well.

Jared :beer:

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
htt760 said:
is this bad boy out yet...?

It sure is. Being assembled as we speak. Delivery date is 4/23-25. We are taking a $1000.00 Deposit to put your name on the list. Give us a call and we will get you squared away.

Users who are viewing this thread