2.8H KB or 3.4L Whipple?

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Okay... I want your guy’s opinion on which blower would be a better choice for me; the 2.8H KB or the 3.4L Whipple. The Cobra isn't driven daily, but I still want it to remain streetable. I'm planning on getting a MMR 5.0 Stroker Street Mod 1150 before next year so that I can crank up the boost with a race tune for which ever blower I decide to get, but then I have to stop spending money on my cars because it's time to start saving for a house! Thanks for your help!

And also how long would the waiting period be for each blower? :beer:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
right now the 2.8H is the best blower on the market. The 3.4 isn't even out yet and we know nothing about it. I'd get the proven 2.8H and be done with it.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
right now the 2.8H is the best blower on the market. The 3.4 isn't even out yet and we know nothing about it. I'd get the proven 2.8H and be done with it.

I didn't consider that nobody has really even seen what they're capable of.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
GodStang said:
Well since the Whipple is not out yet it is hard to give opinions.

Ummmm... Given the Whipple's displacement? Is it a direct bolt on replacement like the 2.3L? I just saw a few threads with new Whipples on Cobra's, but they're probably dealers now that I think about it. But you can preorder them already, right? Why would someone do that without thinking that it's better then the current blowers?

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
not if it's not a better blower. the 2.8H is a real 700rwhp + blower on modest boost. No other has done it so easily. I would wait 5 months before judging the 3.4. Right now we know nothing about it, besides it's size.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
not if it's not a better blower. the 2.8H is a real 700rwhp + blower on modest boost. No other has done it so easily. I would wait 5 months before judging the 3.4. Right now we know nothing about it, besides it's size.

I see. I was under the impression that the bigger the blower, the more power it's capable of. Thanks for correcting me. :beer:

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
If you have the money now, get the kenne bell.. If your saving, then it gives you plenty of time to see the difference..if any at all...good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread