K&N Replacement Filter Test Part 2 : Magnuson Supercharged

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I understand it has more overall surface area but, would all that surface area actually be used? I am not sure how to explain what I mean and am thinking. I would think just the cross area would matter not necessarilly the dpeth of the fins.

I am not discrediting what you said, I have no mechanical background and am really just learning this stuff. You could be a mechanical engineer for all I know. It does not make much sense to me how the depth could make for better airflow when you are limited by the area of the filter that is closest to the engine in terms of airflow. I hope that sorta makes sense.

Absolutely it would be used. It's why the manufacture creates all those pleats going up and down rather than one solid straight surface. That increased surface area creates less drag and flows more air.

Any plans Sid to do any future air filter testing with the Amsoil air filters, since you put the death knell into the K&N brand?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Im debating on if I should put the stock filter back in....

I don't think you'd really notice the difference. I believe the stock one would filter better though.

Any plans Sid to do any future air filter testing with the Amsoil air filters, since you put the death knell into the K&N brand?

I don't have one of those and haven't talked to anyone at Amsoil about getting one. We do have a K&N CAI test in the pipeline, but it's not for a Mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread