Just wanted to say thanks for this new forum Travis!

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Wow, what a great idea! The Distillery. I love it. I know I'll be spending time here. Thanks for the opportunity to share and learn Travis. You da man!

Ray H.

dlaude

Established Member
I agree! This is awesome! And this is probably the only thread I'll post in for a while since I know so little, and I have SO much to learn! I've been doing a decent amount of research and I just want to convert NOW! haha. e85 is all over in Chicago, I just need the cajones to do it already! As I read more and think I sound less dumb, I'll probably start some threads with some questions haha. Thanks though, great idea! Now it's all in one place for us to research!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Great idea for a subforum! I'm a huge fan of setting up a car for E85, because if you go on a long trip you can pulley down, drop the boost and run 93 for the MPG advantage.

I like the compound boost concept best or a straight turbo because of the easy changing of boost it affords, for those cars I think E85 flexfuel capability is a no brainer.

Wish I had the dough to do this conversion, my MAF, injectors and pumps are not up to the task, and they aren't free.:nonono:

If the tracks I run on had E85(at the track), and I was set up for it, I would probably use 3/4 of a tank in one twenty minute session.

That is border line close to the point where I fuel starve on hard corners.

I will be interested to see if anyone tries E85 for open track, I know the pistons would love it.

Teej281

Established Member
Great idea for a subforum! I'm a huge fan of setting up a car for E85, because if you go on a long trip you can pulley down, drop the boost and run 93 for the MPG advantage.

I like the compound boost concept best or a straight turbo because of the easy changing of boost it affords, for those cars I think E85 flexfuel capability is a no brainer.

Wish I had the dough to do this conversion, my MAF, injectors and pumps are not up to the task, and they aren't free.:nonono:

If the tracks I run on had E85(at the track), and I was set up for it, I would probably use 3/4 of a tank in one twenty minute session.

That is border line close to the point where I fuel starve on hard corners.

I will be interested to see if anyone tries E85 for open track, I know the pistons would love it.

Interested in that as well Jimmy! That and auto-x. Plus I just want to see some street action.

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
Agreeing with Ray!!!
I can see this forum developing into a movement with Alcoholics Anonymous members... moving toward E-85!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread