Just ordered 2.9 Whipple!! 1st owner!!

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I agree the stock clutch was the nicest to ever drive with. My issue is that I some how manage to snap input shafts and was forced to get a 26 spline which in turn forced an after market clutch.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Time to set aside some sheckles for the flood of 2.3's that will hit the market from all those upgrading.;-):burnout: Out of curiosity, does anyone know if this 2.9 will fit under the MM STB that was designed to clear the 2.3? I just installed one of those even though I have a ported Eaton to be prepared for an inevitable upgrade.;-)

04Sonic

Established Member
I would also want the crusher inlet, that looks like the 2.3 inlet it may choke it a little.

SVT543of2003

Established Member
I'm gonna rock a polished 2.9 either next spring or next fall, so I'd like to know if they do clear the stock hood and if you can still use the MM strut tower brace meant for clearing a KB/Whipple.

This is great news, glad I waited!

getleftcobra

CAN U READ DA PLATE!!!
Established Member
any pics or anymore info on the 2.9. i am maxing out my 2.3 and it cant flow the air my motor need since i have ported head. i am very interest in the 2.9

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^^ DO IT!! dude your car will be soooo nasty with a 2.9.. I bet shaun can get over 700rwhp easily with ur setup..

getleftcobra

CAN U READ DA PLATE!!!
Established Member
^^^ DO IT!! dude your car will be soooo nasty with a 2.9.. I bet shaun can get over 700rwhp easily with ur setup..

That's what I am thinking. I have to call shaun about it. I have had a couple of people interested in buying mine since I hardly drive the car and there is like around 9k or 10k miles on it. But if so it wont be untill after the new year.

Ironhand

Banned
I would also want the crusher inlet, that looks like the 2.3 inlet it may choke it a little.

The 2.3L & 2.9L share the same inlet and inlet bolt pattern. You cant take a crusher from a 3.4L and bolt it on the 2.9L because it simply wont work. I do know that the inlet isnt a restriction until 22psi on a stock 03-04 Cobra motor. So the stock inlet should do just fine for the majority of users.

Users who are viewing this thread