Just installed Stingers...DAMN!

ROADSTR6

Deficient SVT Poster
Established Member
They are just way too loud for me even with the stock H.:eek: I guess I should have got the Magnaflow cat-back to get something a little quieter. I was hoping for a sound similar to my old 5.0 Fox with a Bassani catted X and a Bassani cat-back. These stingers just absolutely scream and I'm nott looking to get quite so much attention. Anyway, after spending $700+ on this cat-back I am sick to my stomach. Maybe I'll get used to the stingers, I don't know. I've only put about 40 miles on them so far. I have a feeling they'll be up on the market here soon. :(

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
Suprising. After hearing everyone talk about them for so long , I purchased the stingers and actually thought they were pretty quiet. I love how they sound but never considered them to be very loud. Hope it all works out for ya

ROADSTR6

Deficient SVT Poster
Established Member
Yeah, I just put them on my '03 Terminator Convertible. I drove it in to work again today and I'm starting to get used to them a little bit. Maybe my apprehension about the stingers is due to the fact that they're so much louder than stock. I love the sound, I'm just not crazy about the constant popping when decelerating and it's just a tad louder than I expected. I did the flowmaster thing for years with my fox body 5.0. I've heard them on 4.6's and just I don't think they have the same appeal. I'm going to run the stingers for a while and see if I warm up to them. The good thing is that they don't drone at all and they're very reasonable on the highway. It's just around town going through the gears at part throttle that I constantly think, "Damn these things are loud."

Silverboost

Established Member
doesn't Bassani make baffles that you can put in that will quiet it down?

My flows don't pop on a decel at all and that is with an off-road h.

SteveO

Established Member
I just put stingers on my car on friday, have a bassan x-pipe with 2 high flow cats....really quiet... i will be taking the cats off the next time the car gets jacked up. It does sound sick though!!

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
I just put stingers on my car on friday, have a bassan x-pipe with 2 high flow cats....really quiet... i will be taking the cats off the next time the car gets jacked up. It does sound sick though!!
Dont do it man,It will sound like a damn Harley! I had an O/R Basanni X w/my Stingers and it sounded like ass. Couldnt be happier with the catted X.:rockon:
Not the best vid,Alot of traffic that day.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTEOpgGa3hI"]YouTube - 03 Cobra drive bye[/ame]

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Should have gone with the 14858's instead!

Exactly.

Sounds just like the Stingers tone-wise; but slightly deeper and 1/2-3/4 of the total volume of the Stingers (1/2 the volume driving around; 3/4 at WOT).

VERY deep, smooth tone that is progressive with RPM and NO drone.

I would run them over a Magnaflow system with the stock H any day because they have the deeper/smoother note/tone.

Bassani does offer baffled tips which would quieten the system considerably and get rid of a fair amount of the poppiness BUT that would require you cutting the Borla tips off.

The Bassani system would be worth a look as well considering you can take the baffles in/out upon your mood for the day. However the sound of it has nothing to do with the any traditional Mustang sound really and is definitely BEST paired with a catted X.

864svt