Just got a Terminator, and 68 Miles later it's broke.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
What happened? It looks like the caliper came loose??

+1 Looks like the caliper bracket actually broke where the pin goes in??!?
Trying to noodle through how that happens are opposed to just locking the wheel....

Damn man bad luck, just another "haven't seen that before" in this thread. Not offering any advice on the car though I have dumped countless money into this platform (99-04 4V) and don't even have a Cobra. But when it does work oh man is it satisfying.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes the casting exploded, why? I don’t know yet.

Got the car home.

8c6d05ce871a81163d87b617f805a0c6.jpg

66ed950943acdc772f531544d3a58e14.jpg

Wrench is there to keep the cylinder from popping out.

It worked. I just looked at calipers on Rock Auto. Not pleased. $100.

V6 and GT the same caliper? I’m sure I could score one cheap at the pick-n-pull... prolly rusted to shit. God damn Midwest.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Yes the casting exploded, why? I don’t know yet.

Got the car home.

8c6d05ce871a81163d87b617f805a0c6.jpg

66ed950943acdc772f531544d3a58e14.jpg

Wrench is there to keep the cylinder from popping out.

It worked. I just looked at calipers on Rock Auto. Not pleased. $100.

V6 and GT the same caliper? I’m sure I could score one cheap at the pick-n-pull... prolly rusted to shit. God damn Midwest.

Jesus, probably should have towed that lol

Calipers are the same, brackets aren't it's the bracket that broken isn't it? Hard to tell wtf is going on in those pics.

Four Door SVT

Established Member
Geez, your luck is going to change when your done redoing it. To think you bought the worst car Hi-End ever sold. How much money do you plan on throwing at this?
Calipers, rotors, brackets, pads, stainless steel lines. Engine rebuild, these mod motors aren't cheap to rebuild even if you do it yourself and reuse the obvious crank, rods, heads parts. You can reuse pistons but to straighten the bore and get a 10 or 20 thousand over pistons and rings, rebalancing. Hard to stay below 5k right there, then your like well head studs, cams, valves, main studs, stroker crank and rods, and lots of adult beverages. Then after all that your gonna lose the KB and go Whipple. So say15k starting budget with a magnum up grade 19k with triple disk clutch, flywheel. So let's see where this goes. You can get 2k for the kb and what 2200 -2500 for the t-56. I'm being conservative on the resale items probably but could be realistic.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I was thinking about an issue that I came across a long time ago with a certain 04 cobra before being rebuilt due to a certain blown head gasket...

Bore scope the ports on the cylinders with low compression and make sure that there just isn't build up keeping the valves from closing all the way...

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
I couldnt remember the details. So i just went ahead and read through this thread. Holy crap, this was so cringe worthy. GOod luck dude.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I am interested in seeing the resume of the ****s that owned the car previously.

I have a car fax somewhere. 6 “owners”, but 3 is them are Hi-End Auto.

He got it from the original owner, sold it to another guy, got it back a few years later, sold it to a guy in Idaho and then got it back.

All the mods had been done by the original owner, car is an early car too, #678.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
I have a car fax somewhere. 6 “owners”, but 3 is them are Hi-End Auto.

He got it from the original owner, sold it to another guy, got it back a few years later, sold it to a guy in Idaho and then got it back.

All the mods had been done by the original owner, car is an early car too, #678.
You sure he was forced to buy it back from court action or threat of bodily harm? I have a multi owner highly modded terminator. Last over was a multi millionaire that could find fifth gear if his life depended on it. I feel bad that you got stuck with that dog.

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
Three trips to high-end, three strip and swap sessions and viola... that's what happened

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

boostftw05

Established Member
Subbing to this thread...bought my car from hi-end also and had some bad luck right out of the gate. Nothing major though like your debacle!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The amount of random shit going wrong with this car is almost comical
I know, it's like this car is the compilation of all Terminator issues know to man. It's really, really bizarre. It's downright nightmarish.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Well this one might be on me.

3cfeed7024568aa4c95bc29b5af8a82a.jpg

8d6f25c2b602b38a7617a6206679ca3a.jpg

Can’t recall if I pulled both or just one of the mounting bolts Sunday night. Only got one in my tool sack.

So either I forgot to install it, unlikely, or I didn’t torque it and it backed out.... or I lost it.

But the bracket certainly did explode. Nothing appears wrong with the caliper or lines.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Well she's back on the road. I think I'm honestly getting burned out.

There is a small paint spilt on the roof I just noticed.

e6f7a22b1efcd9f0d1530f4712866fac.jpg

cba39f7e343c0f5357cb2b33dae0ad40.jpg

Oh and really reverse lockout is frozen! Joy!!

I'm not going to start another thread.... But I was looking at 13-16 used cars. You can even get a premium V6 for under 15k. Hmm turbo kit...

Does the V6 use the MT86 and 8.8 rear?

I just keep thinking I'm not getting that Cobra bang for buck. I'd have been better off with a $3k NE GT and a turbo kit and would have had 90% of the joy, 10% the hassle and 1/3 the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread