Just got a Terminator, and 68 Miles later it's broke.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
What about any local tuners? You could flash back to stock. Then have them email you a tune and get a dyno tune in the spring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
T
Some how I foresee this whole update thing ending with me losing my tune and being royally screwed.

You should be able to hook your SCT tuner to your computer and transfer the file off it onto your computer harddrive.
Then just put it back onto your tuner after the update.
I will try to help if you need it. If your SCT tuner has the file in it from Fastlane, I can get Caleb to email it to you.

Let me know if I can help!
Ryan

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Drove the car to Texas.

I'm about ready to murder this Car, Hi End and the previous owner....

cj428mach

Established Member
What happened on the trip?

As for updating your handheld, I personally would just pull the stock tune off the car and save it to your desktop as well as the current tune if you can. Then update the handheld with your current tune on it. If the handheld locks up as they like to do then you at least have the stock tune with the correct VID block etc for SCT to rebuild your tune if necessary.

I had my xcal3 lock up immediately after an update, thankfully I had a good tune left on the car so it was still driveable while I sent my xcal3 back to SCT for repair.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Oh, well...

First, the car has a god damn 4.10 rear in it, not the 3.55 advertised.... that will be a whole separate rant.

Yeah, cruising at 80mph, 3,000rpm with this bullshit Magnaflow exhaust.

The drone is unbelievable. OSHA would require over ear protection, a damn Sherman tanks is quieter....

Second, the Team Z arms move the sway bar mounts back about 2". So now any bump the bar slams into the exhaust.

So not only does my Axle already wack the exhaust giving me that dead hooker thunk, I now have the bar hitting it.

But it gets better, in Texarkana I hit a bump and the exhaust hanger busted so now the exhaust is RIDING THE SWAY BAR!!!

Drone, clanking, rattling, vibration and thunking for another 300 miles to Dallas...

50B3F402-F0DE-43D8-9292-0359AAFA9E3C_zpss8j9y9ac.jpg

B9D0DAAF-3FA4-41F2-B9C7-E6ADC87A153D_zpsmebkkckv.jpg

E4E039F0-140D-494A-8512-77F25BEABBFC_zpsigrerhjm.jpg

20D1C7AE-FD8C-4E48-B795-664BE4013CD7_zpsz7mryiz4.jpg

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm thinking of taking it to AK Custom tomorrow morning.

Over in Joshua, TX.

I'm in Burleson right now.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Drove over to AK this morning. Great guy.

Not a lot that can be done with the exhaust. It appears the Magnapack system is renown for its fitment issues.

Washed the beast.

5C409763-3EC9-4755-A22B-EC4DC0EB045D_zpscnydpkdk.jpg

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Well I survived my trip to Austin and I'm back in my Midwestern Hell-Hole town. Only this time with a crippling case of the flu.

Up until last week I was trying to be a good sport. I kept saying "It's a modified, 600whp, 13 year old Cobra Mustang". Pretty much any one of those things means "needs work". About 6 hours on the road I reached my limit. So this is going to be my one and done fever induced rage rant. To keep is flowing, I'll do several posts with a index.

1. Why I bought this car and went with Hi-End Auto
2. Why Hi-End Auto is a bunch of lying crooks.
3. Texas!
4. Winter Plans.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Corbic, this is one of the saddest threads I've read on here, you seem like a true enthusiast and that place flat out did you wrong. They should buy the damn car back and set you free to find a good egg, they do exist, believe me.

Good luck man

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Corbic, this is one of the saddest threads I've read on here, you seem like a true enthusiast and that place flat out did you wrong. They should buy the damn car back and set you free to find a good egg, they do exist, believe me.

Good luck man

I agree.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought hi-end auto has or had a great reputation? I feel for you op.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
I actually just read this whole thread for the first time. Heart breaker for sure. Best of luck to you op.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

03 black snake

Established Member
I bought mine from high end about 5 years ago , and I haven't had to do anything to it,other than add a whipple and supporting mods. Sorry about ur situation op.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
Make sure your insurance is up date. Go to a boat ramp and just forget to put the parking brake on.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Read through every post on every page.....again. Pained me more the second time to read how much sucky luck you've had. What a shame. I can't ever remember a Terminator owner growing through as much crap as you have Corbic. What a shame!

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Much appreciated for the support and condolences. To be honest, it's actually making me feel worse, ya'll supposed be "Naw brah, that's normal, we've all had these problems".

So back to my original plan with the four bullet points. Last time I was on the screen was just murdering my head. Dang flu.

1. Why I bought this car and went with Hi-End Auto

Long story short. In the last two years a lot has changed in my life. I had three project cars and my daily truck. I sold all three cars ('85 911, 986 Boxster and SR S13). I just lost all motivation to work on any of them to be honest. With everything going on, what little time I had felt wasted on these multi-year project cars that felt like they would never be realized. I know a dozen guys in their 60's that have been dragging around their project car for 30 years... it's like, no I'm not going to finish just be buried in it. I want to spend my free time going to meets, cruise and races, not cursing in the garage.

As for a Cobra, I love the SN95 Mustang. Last of the Fox Bodies, Last of the SVT Cobras. The car is unique in that it's very much classic muscle with a chassis that dates back to 1979 and in 5.0 iteration, a power train reminiscent of 1969.

The upside is the car has all the "Resto-mod" upgrades like power windows, brakes, steering and A/C. It has an acceptable crash safety rating, modern stereo, over drive and isn't +40 years old needing every grommet, screw and panel restored.

I thought briefly about getting on the 5.Bro bandwagon and getting a Coyote. I really do like the S550, but after driving one, its a very much poor-man's Aston. If I was looking at a BMW or something then I would have considered it more, but I wanted that raw classic American Muscle feel since this isn't my daily. A S197 and S550 would also continue to depreciate until they are worth ~$6-8k in 10 years like any 15 year old GT.

So Cobra is was. I also specifically wanted a Black 6SPD Coupe with a KB 2.2 and preferably a SRA. I was open to Sonic Blue as well. I inquired and investigated several cars. I live in BFE Midwest and I wasn't going to buy any car from out here (rust belt). This presented a challenge as multiple cars fell through for multiple reasons.

I had no problem flying to get the right car, just how was I to be 100% sure I wasn't wasting my time? Also, this year my work schedule has been devastating with all the last minute travel. I ended up comping across Hi-End auto in Autotrader and researched them on this form. A lot of people have used them, good reviews. They also had exactly what I wanted, a KB SRA Black Coupe. Unfortunately the car was on hold when I called.

He also had a stock Black Coupe and a Whipple Sonic Blue. Another black was on its way in. Another problem with Hi-End is they are in Podunk Virginia, so scheduling flights was a PITA.

So with the idea that at least with Hi-End I'd have 2-4 cars to pick from and a dealer that has reasonable knowledge of them, my chances of coming away with a nice car are exponentially higher then they where finding on one craigslist and flying to Alabama or Tampa only to find all sorts of hidden problems and a BS owner/dealer.

As stated originally, in talking with Hi-End, Robert informed me the guy buying the SRA car ended up choosing the bone-stock Black Coupe. The car was exactly what I wanted and work was looking to ship my ass down to Texas. So we talked a bit and I agreed to buy it.....

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
2. Why Hi-End Auto is a bunch of lying crooks.

As mentioned, I've tried to be a good sport. I'm a patient man, probably to patient. I started this thread when the radiator overflow burst a leak from a re-weld. It's not Hi-Ends fault. No way they could have known, as others have said the early over flows are tin and stretch and pop.

The Canton I bought up at Lane is much beefier. This car was modified right off the dealer lot. Robert (Hi-End) said it basically had all the mods it has to day the first time I got it on trade. It's since then had two more private owners and twice more in Hi-Ends care. So Original Owner, Hi-End, Second Owner, Hi-End, Third Owner, Hi-End - Me.

The Original Owner did everything right. The way the wiring was done for the gauges, the parts selected, you can tell he gave a crap. I believe the final owner was some stance bro. I'll get to that in a minute.

But back to Hi-End.

So here is the original pictures and description.

D8A64F57-4C1D-4406-8CA3-81349BFFF4B7_zpshnfpmpwx.jpg

6511901E-B9EE-4A99-AAE1-556FD057BED5_zpsqkus7eeo.jpg

7ECF54ED-6A41-4773-908E-2EA5D77BF36C_zpsry0gt8j5.jpg

DB52BFE9-0425-4E8E-ADDE-87566B6D8197_zpsckwbirsy.jpg

4C429B73-999D-4AFA-A359-1F8DE3543070_zpsf0pjhyef.jpg

9BC907CB-865F-4E6E-8B5F-E9E4E541955E_zpspjn425yx.jpg

C9BBAFAE-0137-4ECF-87F1-AE687301BA2B_zpskoei5rzd.jpg

52F0BF8D-68A9-4451-8FB8-1259D0E57338_zpsmjy5pirf.jpg

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
So first off, come to find out, those are not recent photos. Those are photos of the car the previous time Hi-End had it in stock. The last owner was likely some dipshit stance kid because he had installed a black windshield banner, shocker stick on the rear glass, lowered the car and painted the rims black with plasti-derp.

I know this because I can see the residue where Hi-End removed the sticker and banner (Banners are illegal in VA) and washed off most of the Derp. There is still derp inside the wheel barrels and lug holes. I'm not mad about any of that, just stated those are signs Owner-3 was 19 and stupid. The front of the car is also on RaceLand Coilovers... yes, Racelands. Once again, 19 year old stupid kid... but wait? The rear is on some ancient RSCI Adjustables and cut Ford C-springs? If I was 19 and just bought a set of $450 Racelands, I'd install them front and rear.... hmmm

Well, lets get back to that mod list -

KB 2.2 Polished - Check
60lb Injectors - I guess?
Bassani MLH - Check
Bassani Catted X - Check
Magnaflow Cat-back - Sadly, Check
SCT MAF - Check
26 spline - Check
Spec Clutch - Nope (Granted it's a RST Twin Disk, so it is aftermarket) - Pass
Pro 5.0 Shifter - Check
SRA - Check
3.55 Gears - NO!! IT'S A GOD DAMN 4.10!?!
Welded Tubes - NO!! Not a hint of welding.
Posi - Hmm, I think it's blown from what I can tell.
Yukon Axles - Well it has Yukon Stickers
Metco Double Adjust Upper and Lower Arms - NO!!! HE SWAPPED THEM FOR SR ARMS!!
Adjustable Rear Shocks - Yes, RSCI
Tuned by Fastlane Motorsports - I did talk to them, they did tune it.

Additionally, the photos indicate adjustable camber plates. The car did not come with them.

When I last exchanged with Hi-End over the blown up control arms, this is what I found out.
The photos where old, which is why it was shown on Autotrader with camber plates. He apparently had more updated photos on his website. I didn't save them and I don't recall.

He did swap out the arms. According to him the Metco bushing's where worn out so he put in new arms. I have two problems with this. Metco's are billet aluminum arms worth +600 that can be rebuilt with their $40 bushing kit. Second, he never once stated this to me on the phone or in the listings.

Also, I specifically asked if the car had ever been wrecked or any body work. We went over the trimmed fenders and he stated it had not be wrecked. Carfax also supports that. Well guess what. The hood doesn't match. It's slightly darker black and is very evident under florescent light. It also got a nice hood chip on the way down to Texas (repaints in my experience chip stupid easy). The hood is also missing it's liner. Hi-End operates a body shop and detailing service. Bullshit if he didn't see that.

The SR Arms also failed not because they are Chinese junk, but because his shop guys didn't grease them one bit. The poly just tore itself apart in 500 miles. I've also now seen several people talk about Hi-Ends reputation of swapping parts around to make customers happy...

So lets put this all together with a distrustful combative mentality.

I order my car, he knows I'm not picking it up so he strips off some of the goodies. Yanks the camber plates, and either takes the rear Racelands throwing on used junk or maybe something decent was up front and throws on some spare Race-lands. I just can't see StanceBro buying adjustable coils and only installing them on the front...

The rear was supposedly welded with a 3.55, it's not welded and is a 4.10. Did dumbass Stancebro owner swap out the 3.55 for a 4.10? Could Hi-End have swapped out the entire rear assembly and tossed in a spare? I don't know, but I do know it's pretty damn hard not to realize it's a 4.10. Only reason I've missed it is because the car has been broken from almost the minute I got it.

Also remember how my wheels pretty much fell out? Well considering Hi-end screwed up the control arm install, I'm willing to bet they didn't bother to torque the wheels either...

Transmission is a complete pile of shit. It had 6 quarts in it. Did Hi-End add two extra quarts hoping to quite it down? Did the previous owner do that?

I'm over it. For full disclosure. After the control arms popped I did contact Hi-End and they did give me $250 to replace them.

Users who are viewing this thread