Just dropped off the Cobra at Ford for service..

Maverick-4

Established Member
Just dropped off the car at Raceway Ford dealer so they can take care of the ABS light. What was strange yesterday on the way back from work the AC stopped blowing cold air out and kept hearing the compressor kick on then off... I'm wondering if the ambient air was so hot that it overheated the ac??

AC seems to be working this morning but I'm having them take a look at it might as well since the car is already there..

Maverick-4

Established Member
So I dont have my car back yet or news on when I will have it.

I dropped it off at 8am sharp and didnt hear back from them, so I called them at 12pm for an update. No answer I left a voicemail. I called again at 1 pm and still no answer. At 2 pm I called and Service Dept finally answered asked my last name and put me on hold. 4-5 mins they hanged up on me. I called back and told him I really needed to know what was going on with my car. Service guy ask who my Service Advisor is so I tell him Tony Bradly, I get transferred and get his voicemail again...

I'm getting very irritated I'm getting the run around. Since I have the guys business card I call his cell phone and what you do know goes to voicemail...

So now its 3 pm and finally reach someone in the Service Dept who can tell me about my car without transferring to Tony. He says that they know whats wrong with the ABS but that the AC seems fine so the tech was trying to get the car "hot" to see if it would still produce cold air. I tell him to fix the ABS and disregard the AC as there seems to be no problem. He says Ok he will call my extended warranty folks and give me a call right back.

Sooooo Its 4:50pm and no call, I decide to call them and no answer, my guess they close for today. What a lack of customer service, Tony never returned my call and now not even a curtesy call to tell me my car is going to stay there. I guess I have to wait till Monday now ugh I'm so upset Its been a long time since I taken my car to a shop since I do all most of the work on my own. I just hope the mechanical work they do on my car will not be as bad as their customer service.. Sorry for the rant guys, im just venting out my frustration and I miss my baby already..

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
The reason above and other peoples experiences is why i never take it to a dealer.

I would never leave my 550rwhp car in the hands of a dealer even to change the oil, know them someone would take it for a joy ride.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
More than likely the extended warranty company could be closed today. Saturday's are extremely busy and I know we get a ton of waiters coming in and then we have to get to the drop-offs. The biggest complaint I hear from customers is not hearing from the service writer. Communication is key, I know if I had my car somewhere I would like to have an update on my car.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
I do everything in my power to keep my car out of the dealers hands...since I'm out of warranty. I've had some bad experiences with Ford dealerships even with family member pull.
Good luck OP

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
you can never trust anybody I left my car at a local tire shop and i took a picture of the exact miles on my phone as i pulled into the tire shop just to test them and sure enough when went to go pick it up it had 3 miles more on the cluster ....i was f......ing pissed:fm:..I left a note on the cluster that stated (PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE MY CAR !!!! i went up to the owner AND TOLD HIM if someone had driver my car so he answered no....I showed him the picture and I told him that he better hope he didnt hurt my car......he told me to leave without paying......I filed a report with the BAR.

NEVER AGAIN !!!!

Maverick-4

Established Member
you can never trust anybody I left my car at a local tire shop and i took a picture of the exact miles on my phone as i pulled into the tire shop just to test them and sure enough when went to go pick it up it had 3 miles more on the cluster ....i was f......ing pissed:fm:..I left a note on the cluster that stated (PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE MY CAR !!!! i went up to the owner AND TOLD HIM if someone had driver my car so he answered no....I showed him the picture and I told him that he better hope he didnt hurt my car......he told me to leave without paying......I filed a report with the BAR.

NEVER AGAIN !!!!

Wow man that sucks I hope this wont be me next week and I get some lame excuse story of why the car had to be driven :O

cbr repsol

Established Member
They always treated me good when they had the car for warranty work. Also they always done good work their. Maybe just a crappy service guy. Also the warranty company pays right on the spot. Its up to them to send them the invoice and they take care of it within minutes. I should know ,ive used the warranty like 4 times. Also that car might need another a/c compressor. For some reason it would always go out on me a year or so after fixing it throug warranty. Its already had 2 a/c compressors put in it if I remember correctly. So just keep an eye on her.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
More than likely the extended warranty company could be closed today. Saturday's are extremely busy and I know we get a ton of waiters coming in and then we have to get to the drop-offs. The biggest complaint I hear from customers is not hearing from the service writer. Communication is key, I know if I had my car somewhere I would like to have an update on my car.

This is perfect. If you had a ford service plan it would have been fixed asap, but aftermarket plans are a pita to deal with. That said, he should have called you if the car wasn't going to be completed and had to stay overnight. :beer:

nol300

Established Member
Wow man that sucks I hope this wont be me next week and I get some lame excuse story of why the car had to be driven :O

(tech was trying to get the car "hot"). Just saying! I work at a dealer and I have my 30 year tech work on it and even he has never had a reason or tried to take my car out. If I did not work at a dealer I would never take my cobra to one.

cbr repsol

Established Member
This is perfect. If you had a ford service plan it would have been fixed asap, but aftermarket plans are a pita to deal with. That said, he should have called you if the car wasn't going to be completed and had to stay overnight. :beer:

Not this extended warranty..ive used it many times and they were right on it every time. It had to be the person at the dealer dropping the ball. My dad sells fords for many years and he even mentioned the warranty I had on this cobra was better than what they sell.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, this is why people hate to have their cars serviced at a dealer. Well, most dealerships. Some, like Infiniti are very good. My last two visits to the Buick dealership were horror stories. First time, they were told I'd be waiting for the car. I happened to see it parked in a different spot, and an hour later I went to the service writer and he tells me they just finished it. No! I told him I saw the car in the exact same spot an hour ago. He apologized and said they were busy. Next visit, the same thing happened. This time, I gave them a bad review. On top of that, it was being serviced for scraping steering rack trim and loud howling sound occasionally when turning the wheel. The idiot service tech had the nerve to tell me the noise was because I had a bit too much air in my tires. Are you kidding me? OK, I'll try it for a day. Week later and the issue is still there. Idiots! Can't wait when my lease ends and they try to sell me a new Buick. My answer will be NOPE, not when the service was so bad. I think I'll actually tell the Sales Manager that one. :nonono:

Well, hope you get some good news on Monday morning. Stay on them. If you keep getting voice mails with no answers, ask for the Service Manager. If that fails, ask for the general manager. I swear that service, in general, has gotten piss poor at most dealerships. On the other hand, visit an Infiniti dealership and the service is night and day different. :dw:

Maverick-4

Established Member
Not this extended warranty..ive used it many times and they were right on it every time. It had to be the person at the dealer dropping the ball. My dad sells fords for many years and he even mentioned the warranty I had on this cobra was better than what they sell.

Yea I do think my Service Advisor could use better training, tomorrow morning I'm calling them and hopefully it will be smooth sailing, being a big Ford fan I dissapoints me to see a Ford dealership do stuff like this but I agree with CobraBob good customer service is hard to find these days so I'm not surprised to go thru this u know

Last edited:

03Mach1 925

Established Member
never trust anyone from the dealer ship i took my mach in to get the brakes changed cause i had no time with work, school an football an when i went back they said everything came out to 1500 i asked why an they decided to fix hella random stuff that there was nothing wrong with... after that i decided to never take my cobra or mach back to the dealer ship but i still didnt pay the 1500

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
My '04 had a factory idler seize up. I was 30 miles away from home and was not going to have it towed though it was still running

My wife at the time worked at the Ford dealership, so I left it there talked to the service writer (he did not know who I was) I told him to hold the car I'd get him the part.

(He wanted LMFAO, $400.00 to install an idler) When I left the dealership I spoke with the manager who really likes me, I'm kinda the son he never had...

I told him hey my cars back there, I told that crew back there that there is NO REASON to test drive it to ensure that the part works once they put it on.

So if you see that car being driven dont wave, cause its not me in it.....

"O I'm going back there right now to make sure that S.O.B. is clear and understands that car is parked and simply repaired"

~~~~~~~thats whats up

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread