Just dropped off the Cobra at Ford for service..

cbr repsol

Established Member
Yeah...usually large dealers (were talking ford right now)mail u paperwork that goes into they customer service department. U can comment on your experience ,if it was good or bad and mail it back to them.

Tractionless1

Established Member
The reason above and other peoples experiences is why i never take it to a dealer.

I would never leave my 550rwhp car in the hands of a dealer even to change the oil, know them someone would take it for a joy ride.

Ditto. A buddy of mine is a former service advisor. He told me a story of an owner dropping their Black Mamba Viper off at Dodge. Another service advisor was pulling it to the rear and decided to take it onto the street and wrap it around a phone pole. Let's just say irreplaceable as they were VERY limited production. So unless you buy a used one, as Terminator owners would have to, it's gone!

Raceway Ford huh? I think I hear it whining from here sitting on a huge burnout! :burnout:

No one drives my piece. Hell I take the wheels off to get tires mounted, it goes to a legit roadracing shop for the alingment and the tech. pulls it on and off the lift thats it. All other work is done by another Cobra owner (since new) who is also a Ford Master Tech at his house.

Last edited:

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
this is just one of those subjects that no cobra or high performance car owner does'nt want to hear......but reality is that this s...t happens every single day!!!!

Maverick-4

Established Member
Can I ask what was wrong with the ABS?:beer:

They determined the ECU was failing. They put me in a rental car yesterday but it was always me calling them, you have to be on top of this guy Tony to get thing going serious! lol

He says it should be ready by wednesday, mean while they had put me on a Nissan Titan since they were out of sedans, soon as i walk out Enterprise a Challenger was dropped off. So I turn right back around and exchanged the Titan for the Challenger, must say for a v6 it pulls and wife loves it, so I guess so far things are good! :beer:

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
So far I've avoided my local ford dealership, but I use to work there so I know everyone. Having said that, I still bring my car to a performance shop about an hour away that knows these cobras well. I've seen them drive my car after it was tuned and know it's in good hands as they don't get off on a measley 455rwhp.

Riored95

Established Member
Only reason anyone works on mine is for a good alignment and I have a opp tomarrow at local dealer for that and I will make sure no one drives it I will be in the waiting room till done. I know what the felt like wen i took it in so I think i shld be the first to drive it after.

hotcobra03

Established Member
how much is it going to cost you?

we got our cobra newish and seen as an svt owner you are to get the RED CARPERT TREATMENT...see owners manual supplement....

however it has fine print...

we took ours in the first time head had issues...they paid for rental but we had to pay for the insurance...

they hated us,,we had longtubes...

best of luck

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
there are two dealers here in Austin I will deal with. both have worked on my mystichrome and took super care of it. there is one dealer I won't let touch my cars and he has never touched my cars LOL! they just pissed me off so bad in 1999 that I won't take my business there and at every opportunity I try to turn business away from them.

there are good ones out there you just have to take the time to find them.

SpectorV

Established Member
I hope I never have to drop mine off.... I have ZERO trust in them touching my car. I want to be there while the work is done and watch them do it. I am not an A-Hole about it, just want them to own up if they mess something up and not screw anything up if it can be helped~

Most service places SUCK its just how it is.... the dealerships dont really seem to care either.

cbr repsol

Established Member
how much is it going to cost you?

we got our cobra newish and seen as an svt owner you are to get the RED CARPERT TREATMENT...see owners manual supplement....

however it has fine print...

we took ours in the first time head had issues...they paid for rental but we had to pay for the insurance...

they hated us,,we had longtubes...

best of luck

He only has to pay 75 dollar deductible.

Maverick-4

Established Member
So i just got a call from dealer.. part came in but they ordered the wrong ECU, so they are expediting the correct part in, its likely be ready tomorrow according to Tony :(

Last edited:

Grimster

Established Member
you can never trust anybody I left my car at a local tire shop and i took a picture of the exact miles on my phone as i pulled into the tire shop just to test them and sure enough when went to go pick it up it had 3 miles more on the cluster ....i was f......ing pissed:fm:..I left a note on the cluster that stated (PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE MY CAR !!!! i went up to the owner AND TOLD HIM if someone had driver my car so he answered no....I showed him the picture and I told him that he better hope he didnt hurt my car......he told me to leave without paying......I filed a report with the BAR.

NEVER AGAIN !!!!

Haha I do the same thing. I take a quick little video on my iphone showing mileage on the odometer and the tripometer to the tenth and then show that the car is parked in front of the business I am dropping it off at and then something to show the time/date. Takes a few seconds and it is good insurance "just in case" they do something stupid. The last time I did it was when I had tint installed. Car had 1 tenth of a mile put on it, so I was happy :)

racebronco2

Established Member
So i just got a call from dealer.. part came in but they ordered the wrong ECU, so they are expediting the correct part in, its likely be ready tomorrow according to Tony :(

you brought the car in for an abs light on, how is that related to the ecu?

Make sure they are not going to road test it after the ecu is installed.

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
They are going have to drive the car to verify the abs works correctly, not just that the light goes off. Try and be there on the joy ride ..... oops, test ride to make sure they don't abuse your car.

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
Haha I do the same thing. I take a quick little video on my iphone showing mileage on the odometer and the tripometer to the tenth and then show that the car is parked in front of the business I am dropping it off at and then something to show the time/date. Takes a few seconds and it is good insurance "just in case" they do something stupid. The last time I did it was when I had tint installed. Car had 1 tenth of a mile put on it, so I was happy :)

Ohh yea ...cant trust them......

Mxfrench

Established Member
I must be the oxmoron for advisors. I am a Ford guy who works for DODGE. I treat everyone like they drive a Merc. I give them my cell phone and go out of my way to comunicate. On Saturdays I am up front that most extended warraties are closed but I will try and call them. Even if you get a Oil Change were I make .10 cents I go out of my way. I find treating people how I would like has helped to build clients and take them from the two douche bags who give two shits and treat people like dirt. Even with this I get cursed at when I tell someone who has a 30k car they have 2/32 tires and worn out brakes. BLOWS MY MIND.
I am looking to join ither ACURA or BMW or Merc. The difference in customers is astounding.

Maverick-4

Established Member
Just came back from Ford with the car... I gotta say Dwight...thank you, thank you, thank you bro!

I was extremly ansy about leaving the car over a weekend and 3 days of the week but in total they put less than 3 miles on the car, im so glad I took it to Raceway as recommended.

Their phone service is horrible but when your in person they treat you very good. Car was clean, and everything just where I left it and they even put a cold bottle of water in the car for me, the tech and Tony was very corteous.

He mentioned that he had serviced the vehicle before and wanted to make sure that it was taken good care of, he remembered the car when he was going over its history records at Raceway :D, again thanks Dwight!

Users who are viewing this thread