Just Blew The Engine Up!

JP0814GT

Established Member
By his mods on a Coyote 5.0 he was making serious power for a stock bottom end and if it's cold air out he was probably making even more power than on a summer day plus colder air requires mo fuel. This is a heartbreak feeling to experience especially if it's your first time blowing a engine.

prn1972

Established Member
I wish it was that price of shit trans...lol...looks like a piece of piston for sure, I can see the ring grooves & looks like a piece the wrist pin under there too

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Definitely a piston... Nice job, very impressive! lol

I know that feeling, same thing happened to me a few years ago with my push rod 5.0 except I wasn't even getting on it. Pieces of piston on the road and crank in 3 pieces.

2012csgt

Established Member
I know how you feel. What gonna suck too is when you take the blower off and see tons of metal throughout it It's not gonna be good. Happened to my brother and he had a lot of metal in his boss intake and even out the throttle body into the CAI. I hope your not in the same boat. I was lucky with mine... Only blew a #8. No window created.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Wow... I just got a bit of that sick feeling. I am about to swap in opg's and a balancer and had talked myself into some sense of security regarding more boost before I am ready for a shortblock. Ummm, maybe not. :kaboom:

JP0814GT

Established Member
I know how you feel. What gonna suck too is when you take the blower off and see tons of metal

I experienced the same thing its almost like it up chucked the metal up through the intake valves into the intercooler & super charger. I hope this isn't the OP's case but it doesn't hurt to prepare for worse case scenario. Luckily we're able to get my blower and all cleaned out and it didn't ruin the blower the intercooler should keep bigger pieces out of blower.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
It has 75mm pulley, suppose to be 10.5 lbs but peaks at 15lbs with the JLT big air intake & the way the can timing is set. She put down 606whp/521wtq on a Mustang that reads very low, on a Dynojet it would be a little over 700whp

And of course the car is too damn low to get on the tow truck. He went to get some boards to see if can get her up on it. So I'm still on the side of the road.

While i do agree that mustang dynos read lower, i don't think is quite that much of a difference.

by9468840

Established Member
Oh no.. I share your pain man. It is really sad.
Wondering after how many miles this happened?

Last edited:

Rct851

Established Member
I'm pretty sure The autobahn boom boom from a few weeks ago was a 4th gear pull too with a tvs

NoVA_Mike

Established Member
Coyote2011-12and2013Pistons-02s.jpg

Coyote2011-12and2013Pistons-01s.jpg

zoomenhance.png

Yep... I say it's a chunk of piston too.

by9468840

Established Member
I'm pretty sure The autobahn boom boom from a few weeks ago was a 4th gear pull too with a tvs

It was indeed. Exact same story.
But he had a 82mm/JLT setup.
It is however a more honorable death with 700rwhp :) you know for sure it will happen one day and yet you still go big! Respect..

dlaude

Established Member
Oh dang, sorry to hear OP! Glad to hear you've already accepted it haha.

While i do agree that mustang dynos read lower, i don't think is quite that much of a difference.

Yep, I've read that it's roughly 10% lower. I'm sure there are plenty of other factors to consider though.

mg3playa

Established Member
It has 75mm pulley, suppose to be 10.5 lbs but peaks at 15lbs with the JLT big air intake & the way the can timing is set. She put down 606whp/521wtq on a Mustang that reads very low, on a Dynojet it would be a little over 700whp

And of course the car is too damn low to get on the tow truck. He went to get some boards to see if can get her up on it. So I'm still on the side of the road.

Holy crap only 606hp and you blow it up??? Now was this just on 93pump gas or did you mix a little race gas in it. Just wondering what was the reason for dentation????

JP0814GT

Established Member
I'd have to say wicked up PD blowers are now most likely in the lead on how many stock motors they have killed..> instant boost & TQ kills stock parts.

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Holy crap only 606hp and you blow it up??? Now was this just on 93pump gas or did you mix a little race gas in it. Just wondering what was the reason for dentation????

Dude its a mustang dyno and also why do you think it was detonation? Do you automatically assume that every time a motor blows up is because of detonation?

Users who are viewing this thread