Just As I Expected: C&D GT350 vs C7Z51

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
It's interesting that the z28 was worshipped because it was faster than the z51. It has the trofeo which I've heard are 1 or 2 seconds faster than the cup 2 at Laguna Seca. On the same tire the trofeo it would seem that the z51 would be faster if not be as you as fast as the R.
I'm sorry...did you mean to type something worth reading?
S.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
It's interesting that the z28 was worshipped because it was faster than the z51. It has the trofeo which I've heard are 1 or 2 seconds faster than the cup 2 at Laguna Seca. On the same tire the trofeo it would seem that the z51 would be faster if not be as you as fast as the R.

giphy.gif

cluscher

Established Member
Guys, these DOT treaded comp tires are all very comparable. Drivers have their individual preferences like people do with shoes. Some will work better on certain cars than others, but we're not talking significant differences. Are the Sport Cup 2s comparable to PSS, no. The Sport Cup 2s are a streetable DOT comp tire. The PSS is a street tire.

Last edited:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Do you have an R on order? I hope you do, i look forward to your road course videos!
Not right now. I'm having a lot of fun with the Z06. Just went an :18.5 at Sebring over the weekend. I've started to browse and might consider one in a few months, but not an R. Am even thinking of downsizing a few cars and moving to an ACR for the track. We'll see.
My business partner and I have started a few new companies, so much of the free time I've had over the last 3-4 years is disappearing.
S.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Same day, same track the R will most likely be faster than the Z28 while the GT350 on a less aggressive PSS will be slower than both. I would guess the R will be about as much faster than the Z28 as the Z28 is over the 350. But the 350 with PSC2's (and especially CF wheels) would probably be faster than the Z28.
S.

cluscher

Established Member
Now the question is, when on trofeo tires will the GT350 TP keep up or outpace the z28?

If those trofeos were wrapped on light Foregeline wheels, the 350 TP is right there. Some may disagree, but I'm not sure why. The differences between the 350tp and R at that point are subtle.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
Outside of wheels, tires, back seat and a spoiler, what other differences are there? 350 to R that is?

cluscher

Established Member
Outside of wheels, tires, back seat and a spoiler, what other differences are there? 350 to R that is?

Bushings and anti-roll bar may be a bit different (not positive on that one); mag shock tuning (stiffer on R); and exhaust resonator delete (good for about 5hp) on the R is about all I can recall.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Bushings and anti-roll bar may be a bit different (not positive on that one); mag shock tuning (stiffer on R); and exhaust resonator delete (good for about 5hp) on the R is about all I can recall.

No A/C, radio, or trunk lining.

Larger front splitter. Red cobra badging. Red piping on the seats. Red stripe on the steering wheel. Full alcantara steering wheel.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
If those trofeos were wrapped on light Foregeline wheels, the 350 TP is right there. Some may disagree, but I'm not sure why. The differences between the 350tp and R at that point are subtle.

Supposedly the Trofeo are faster than the cup 2 by a good margin. On stock TP wheels the trofeo might match the R on cup 2.

This is where snorman will tell me how wrong I am:beer:

krt22

Established Member
Supposedly the Trofeo are faster than the cup 2 by a good margin. On stock TP wheels the trofeo might match the R on cup 2.

Are you referring to the Chris Harris video that was clearly paid and published by Pireili? But either war, the trofeo R is damn near an R compound, especially based on the tread wear ratings vs the SC2s, so if they are faster its not surprise, the real telling data is all 3 cars are tested with the same set of shoes.

krt22

Established Member
I thought that as well for quite some time, but now pretty certain the R has different front springs

Users who are viewing this thread