JPC turbo kit on the street vid clip

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
op... have you been over 120mph with the new kit?
I've been hearing around, that with that much power and without the front sway bar , 120+ is sketchy.

poof100

Established Member
I've been hearing around, that with that much power and without the front sway bar , 120+ is sketchy.

Mine has been 140mph+ in the 1/4 on skinnies and no issues at all.

Looking good Brad!! :rockon:

Benchracer

Established Member

Yes. I have been around 130mph. Also I havent had the sway bar on since 2011. But it seems pretty stable at all speeds.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member

120+ with no front sway is not a problem, I've gone over 145mph without it on the streets.

Here's a vid of me letting out at 135-140mph doing some fun runs in Mexico.

<IFRAME height=360 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jDBYTfg7tSo" frameBorder=0 width=480 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
120+ with no front sway is not a problem, I've gone over 145mph without it on the streets.

Here's a vid of me letting out at 135-140mph doing some fun runs in Mexico.

<IFRAME height=360 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jDBYTfg7tSo" frameBorder=0 width=480 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Not to side track the thread, but why no sway bar with the Paxton?

Elwood617

Established Member

Nope, I've been running without my front sway bar for over a year now. Been well over 120 without issue, your just not going to be the king of the road race courses with out it.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Not to side track the thread, but why no sway bar with the Paxton?

For the weight savings......

CAM00129_zps07cxf6ur.jpg

Pred_mech

Established Member
You wont regret it. As far as performance goes I would put this kit up against any other kit on the market with confidence. It actually starts making boost around 3k rpms but really hits hard right around 3800-4000rpms. I have never been in an airplane in my life but a couple people that I have given rides to say it feels the same as an airplane when it takes off. :shrug:

I'm sure it's quite a bit quicker. Any good car VS plane video always shows the car kicking the Jets ass until the Jet gets moving. But acceleration is really only felt as the G's increase, once speed is achieved you can't tell.

I've flown in fighters and my 03 Cobra had a harder hit on acceleration Gs, now turning is a different story :)

crazyrifle

Established Member
Did a little testing on the street on 12psi(about 800rwhp). It was 35* outside so Im not sure if I could have turned it up much more. Keep in mind, I am not trying to beat on the transmission too much so I take it easy on the shifts. Saving it for the track. So no stabs at my shifting skills. Will turn it up more when it warms up :beer:

[youtube_browser]Cl9JkYi-lOM[/youtube_browser]

Hi when the pawer start to drop or flat out what rpm ?????

Users who are viewing this thread