Jon Lund tune turn around time?

0-60B4U

Established Member
My best suggestion at this point is open a ticket on their website. They have a very organized and well staffed personnel there to answer any questions and its usually within that afternoon they respond. Maybe that might be of help to you?

I've tried both. Lund's response was "Very busy. We are playing catch up due to race event we attended" and Lethal's response was that they were working on my order.

testorossa1989

Established Member
I've tried both. Lund's response was "Very busy. We are playing catch up due to race event we attended" and Lethal's response was that they were working on my order.

Factor in about 100 people that purchased a tuner before/after you + their events id say they have some catching up to do. Hes one of the best and everyone uses him there for these events happen. You should always factor in the expectation that downtime is a possibility to do things properly. I dont look often but i assume he tunes for all SCT products and taking into account all the 5.0/ gt500 guru's im sure he has his work cut out for him between the hundreds of email tunes, custom tunes, events and the fact his world doesnt revolve around the business 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Just give it a little more time man you will be happy you did

Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Amazon has long waits too, a guy just got banned for venting his frustrations about it. There has been several others venting in their section of the board lately.

I Just want to clarify. We do not have long waits. If we dont respond in a few days then we are not getting your emails. Occasionally we have emails that go astray and will only know if you let us know ASAP land not let it go for weeks before you notify us.
We appreciate our customers letting us know by posting in our forum.That is what it is there for.

cj428mach

Established Member
I Just want to clarify. We do not have long waits. If we dont respond in a few days then we are not getting your emails. Occasionally we have emails that go astray and will only know if you let us know ASAP land not let it go for weeks before you notify us.
We appreciate our customers letting us know by posting in our forum.That is what it is there for.

The email system maybe the problem but I think its touchy because people don't want to be preceived as bugging you guys with emails asking "hey did you get my email" or "hey did you get my tune done yet". I know when I need a tune I try to plan ahead before the mod gets installed. I send an email and give it a week or better, if I haven't heard anything by then I'll follow up again.

Last edited:

onefastcar

Established Member
From what I know its Jon has horrible turn around times for email tunes just because of the volume he deals with but from what people say its worth the wait. I personally would be ok with waiting 2 plus months for a damn email tune

You need to take your car to horse power by Herman he is local and does really really good at tuning these cars it would be stupid for you to get a email tune from him when hbh right around the corner and will dyno the car also

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
You need to take your car to horse power by Herman he is local and does really really good at tuning these cars it would be stupid for you to get a email tune from him when hbh right around the corner and will dyno the car also

I agree, I think it was a typo. I would never wait two months for a freaking email tune

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
The email system maybe the problem but I think its touchy because people don't want to be preceived as bugging you guys with emails asking "hey did you get my email" or "hey did you get my tune done yet". I know when I need a tune I try to plan ahead before the mod gets installed. I send an email and give it a week or better, if I haven't heard anything by then I'll follow up again.

We don't mind at all. Rick gets a lot of emails a day so he has his spam filter set high.We can't know we are not getting emails unless we are told. If there is no response in 24-48 business hours then please let us know asap by other means on communication. Don't let it go for days or weeks assuming that we are just busy.
Same for when tunes are sent out. Sometimes they don't go where they are supposted to for varying reason. Plese let us know asap if you havent received an expected tune. We can't know it hasn't been recieved unless we are told.
I am always happy to check on the status of a tune if you contact me.

cj428mach

Established Member
We don't mind at all. Rick gets a lot of emails a day so he has his spam filter set high.We can't know we are not getting emails unless we are told. If there is no response in 24-48 business hours then please let us know asap by other means on communication. Don't let it go for days or weeks assuming that we are just busy.
Same for when tunes are sent out. Sometimes they don't go where they are supposted to for varying reason. Plese let us know asap if you havent received an expected tune. We can't know it hasn't been recieved unless we are told.

Thats great to hear. I think you should post something in your section along these lines or maybe you have it and I haven't seen it yet. I could be wrong but I think a lot of people take the approach I mention. We send an email and wait. Then if we don't get a response we send another and wait. If the email is being blocked the first time for whatever reason our second..third..etc is probably being blocked as well. Then the customer just gets mad and it explodes in a post like what happen in your section earlier, or an unhappy customer that tells anyone that'll listen. JMO.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Yes that is true and that is why I have been posting for years about not letting it go more than a few days. But unfortunately not everyone who needs to see it will see it.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Just spoke with Ken B about this and he said he will double check the email from 3/9. Lund Racing has been extremely busy so please try to be understanding. I believe they will be expanding to accommodate the demand asap, thanks in advance.

Andy Speranza/Lund sponsored racer

0-60B4U

Established Member
Just spoke with Ken B about this and he said he will double check the email from 3/9. Lund Racing has been extremely busy so please try to be understanding. I believe they will be expanding to accommodate the demand asap, thanks in advance.

Andy Speranza/Lund sponsored racer

I'm trying hard to be patient and understanding but I still haven't heard anything from anyone at Lund. I know they received the datalogs so not sure why Ken B. has to double check the email from 3/9.

MalcolmV8

Established Member

Glad to hear things have turned around. I assume you guys just got busy and over sold your remote tuning a couple years ago because I had the same experience as the OP in this thread is. It would take Rick 6 weeks each time to respond to my emails and that is no exaggeration. It got so frustrating that after 6 months of my car sitting there un driveable I went another route and just chalked it up as a learning experience.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
A couple years ago Rick was having major health issues.It caused him to have backlogs that took him longer than it should have to get caught up.

We have always had email issues with the bellsouth.net accounts.So far the new @amazonracing.com email accounts are working so much better.Hopefully the emails will not be going astray anymore and going where they are supposed to go.

If you don't get a response in 48-72 hours please let me know ASAP.

rdsnk46

Established Member
I'm trying hard to be patient and understanding but I still haven't heard anything from anyone at Lund. I know they received the datalogs so not sure why Ken B. has to double check the email from 3/9.

At this point I would contact Lethal and get a time line on exactly when you can expect it to be done. You like anyone else deserve great customer service, mail order or not. I'm 100% sure the Lethal team will take care of you. I'm not sure who sold you the tune at Lethal but it will get sorted asap.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I purchased a Jon Lund tune from Lethal Performance 1/24/2013 and still haven't gotten my car tuned. It took almost 3 weeks just to get the base tune so I could do my Idle & Neutral Rev's datalogs. I sent both of those datalogs back on 3/6/2013 and again on 3/09/2013 because there was an error. I emailed to verify they received my datalogs and now I'm waiting for a response so I can do my Cruise datalog (as long as everything looks ok). Is this normal turn around time for an email tune? I have a pretty common set up for these cars so I guess I don't understand why it's taking so long. Am I being unreasonable for thinking this is too long? I have contacted Lund tunings support and their response is they are very busy due to recent race they attended. I'm not trying to bash Jon Lund Tuning because I've used them before and everything was good. What are your thoughts?

0-60,

Please PM me your information. Order number, tune ID, name, ect...anything you can provide.

If you'd like, you can also email me the email log history between you and Lund Racing to: [email protected].

When it comes to data logging with Lund Racing, we help facilitate the process to the best of our ability, whenever there has been any issues or discrepancies, we're always open to get involved in any way we can to make sure everything is done in a timely manner.

Thanks, look forward to hearing from you.

John

0-60B4U

Established Member
0-60,

Please PM me your information. Order number, tune ID, name, ect...anything you can provide.

If you'd like, you can also email me the email log history between you and Lund Racing to: [email protected].

When it comes to data logging with Lund Racing, we help facilitate the process to the best of our ability, whenever there has been any issues or discrepancies, we're always open to get involved in any way we can to make sure everything is done in a timely manner.

John

John,

Lund sent me the tune via email Thursday and I sent them back the cruise datalog Friday. I think I may have a BAP issue according to the datalog but Lund is going look at it and let me know. I'll keep you posted if I need anything.

Thanks!

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
John,

Lund sent me the tune via email Thursday and I sent them back the cruise datalog Friday. I think I may have a BAP issue according to the datalog but Lund is going look at it and let me know. I'll keep you posted if I need anything.

Thanks!

Ok glad things seem to be back in communication. Email or Call me if you need help with anything else in the meantime!

0-60B4U

Established Member
Ok glad things seem to be back in communication. Email or Call me if you need help with anything else in the meantime!

Still waiting for a response to my datalog 2 weeks later. This is a joke and I'm done! :fm: At this point I just want you to refund the $250 for remote tuning session and you can keep $200 for the initial tune (even though it's useless). I think that is more than fair considering the situation.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
0-60,

John

I'll keep you posted if I need anything.

Thanks!

Steve

What I had mentioned before was to avoid this from happening again. Again, I apologize about the delay, I'm here to help you either way.

Lund racing is at an extremely high work load, which is not me excusing the delay, but given the previous circumstance, why I wanted to get involved with the process, which is not something we normally interfere with.

Since you sent your last email to them, I don't see an email from you about it, and it seems like there was no follow up on Lund's end. That doesn't mean you should be following up with your tuner, but after a few days of no response (3-5), i think it would be a good idea to just poke your head in and just ask for an update. With a combination of the work load, and other variables, human error can take place to cause a delay like this.

I can have Ken or Jon get you a response today, and we can proceed from there. Allow me to be your point of contact from here one out should Jon/Ken not respond to you after just a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread