Jon Lund tune turn around time?

0-60B4U

Established Member
I purchased a Jon Lund tune from Lethal Performance 1/24/2013 and still haven't gotten my car tuned. It took almost 3 weeks just to get the base tune so I could do my Idle & Neutral Rev's datalogs. I sent both of those datalogs back on 3/6/2013 and again on 3/09/2013 because there was an error. I emailed to verify they received my datalogs and now I'm waiting for a response so I can do my Cruise datalog (as long as everything looks ok). Is this normal turn around time for an email tune? I have a pretty common set up for these cars so I guess I don't understand why it's taking so long. Am I being unreasonable for thinking this is too long? I have contacted Lund tunings support and their response is they are very busy due to recent race they attended. I'm not trying to bash Jon Lund Tuning because I've used them before and everything was good. What are your thoughts?

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
From what I know its Jon has horrible turn around times for email tunes just because of the volume he deals with but from what people say its worth the wait. I personally would be ok with waiting 2 plus months for a damn email tune

Det.Bullitt

Banned
tune

This is why I have the guys that dyno my car do my tune as well. I have never been a fan of mail order tunes because every car is different and its a good idea to have the guy in front of your car when he is tuning it. Calib at Fastlane is the only guy I let touch my car.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
Amazon has long waits too, a guy just got banned for venting his frustrations about it. There has been several others venting in their section of the board lately.

Last edited:

0-60B4U

Established Member
This is why I have the guys that dyno my car do my tune as well. I have never been a fan of mail order tunes because every car is different and its a good idea to have the guy in front of your car when he is tuning it. Calib at Fastlane is the only guy I let touch my car.

You're probably right. The closest tuner is 2hrs away and with my work schedule this was just the easiest option plus I've had good luck with them in the past. Live & learn. :beer:

0-60B4U

Established Member
Amazon has long waits too. A guy just got banned for venting his frustrations about it, and several others have been venting in their area of the board as well lately.

I would hope they wouldn't ban me for asking if this is normal. I'm not bashing them and if I hadn't had such a good experience last time this probably wouldn't be so surprising.

I8URLS1

Established Member
I would hope they wouldn't ban me for asking if this is normal. I'm not bashing them and if I hadn't had such a good experience last time this probably wouldn't be so surprising.

Will they refund your money at this point if you wanted to have someone else do it?

testorossa1989

Established Member
On their facebook wall they said they are extremely busy with the openning of the season at the track and jr having a baby ect

Im going to him for a dyno tune and im real excited! I have only great things to say about lund. His tech support line and emails are great as well!! :)

Last edited:

0-60B4U

Established Member
On their facebook wall they said they are extremely busy with the openning of the season at the track and jr having a baby ect.

I read the same thing but IMO you should tell people there's going to be a delay for these things (not like either are a surprise) before you collect their money.

I8URLS1

Established Member
Yeah it may be worth it as I'd want to drive the car. I've heard really good things about Eric Brooks turn around time so that may be a good option for you for a remote tune.

str3ck

Established Member
i sent my Idle & Neutral Rev's datalogs in on Feb 14th. i had to do them twice since like you, there was a problem with my first set. (user error on my end). anyway i did get an e-mail from Jon that day saying that the second set of logs looked much better and he would send them over to Ken. that was the last i heard from them. I'm not really complaining though. i've not seen my car since that day because of work.

so to answer your original question, yes it does take this long. at least it seems to right now.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
I have his email tune for my pulley cobra, heading to the dyno Saturday to see how accurate it is.Rather be save then sorry!

I swapped my pulley from a 2.93 to a 2.76 and he told me the tune wont need to be adjusted.

testorossa1989

Established Member
I read the same thing but IMO you should tell people there's going to be a delay for these things (not like either are a surprise) before you collect their money.

They did appologize in advance on their page for any delays... Like i stated above, i havent had a problem with them and i will continue to go to them as my tuner and for any questions! Still a great guy and very helpful!

Last edited:

testorossa1989

Established Member
That was 2 months after I made the tune purchase and initially they told me 7-10 business days which was in line with the previous tune purchase I made from them.

My best suggestion at this point is open a ticket on their website. They have a very organized and well staffed personnel there to answer any questions and its usually within that afternoon they respond. Maybe that might be of help to you?

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
My best suggestion at this point is open a ticket on their website. They have a very organized and well staffed personnel there to answer any questions and its usually within that afternoon they respond. Maybe that might be of help to you?

I have emailed them several times using their site and they always responded the same day.

Users who are viewing this thread