Joining the Army Special Forces

ToyoFl

Established Member
what about Delta? They are the only group in which you can grow beards, and have your hair long....must be badass

DexwarL

Established Member
I thought about Combat Controllers but I wanted to try a different branch of the military so thats why I picked Army SF.

And to my knowledge you have to be an SF or Ranger to be picked to become Delta Force, I'm not exactly sure, I just want to take it one step at a time, LOL.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I like how we get some many of these types of threads on here. Guess SVTP is full of warriors :lol:

Hate to say it but you will more than likely fail. Looks like I'm the only one on here being realistic :bored:

DexwarL

Established Member
I like how we get some many of these types of threads on here. Guess SVTP is full of warriors :lol:

Hate to say it but you will more than likely fail. Looks like I'm the only one on here being realistic :bored:

You might be right but if I do past send me your address so I can pay you a visit wearing my uniform and GREEN BERET, :beer: I'll be expecting a few of these also.

I guess SVTP has one IDIOT though you, someone who talks tough to a monitor.

Sapperstang

Established Member
Patrolling sucks period. I couldnt imagine having to do a patrolling lane with that amount of weight, especially at Benning in the summer. Heat exhaustion would be a huge deal.

Try jumping from an aircraft with all that shit and then patrolling. To the OP, it is a long and very tough process to become SF. Few make it and it will take total dedication. These days you can join to be SF. In the past only those who have been in awhile could do it.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
You might be right but if I do past send me your address so I can pay you a visit wearing my uniform and GREEN BERET, :beer: I'll be expecting a few of these also.

I guess SVTP has one IDIOT though you, someone who talks tough to a monitor.

Way to go on insulting me. Take it how you like it but the facts stand. The chances of an individual becoming apart of any of the special forces groups are slim at best. :sleeping:

If you do suceed though, I'll be the first to bowdown :bowdown: :beer:

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
what about Delta? They are the only group in which you can grow beards, and have your hair long....must be badass

SF does that stuff as well. And Dexwar is correct, 9.999999/10 times you have to be SF to get picked up for Delta. You have to be a serious badass mofo to get selected being in the regular component for Delta.

Mc01svt, you are right, its tough but its not impossible. If it was easy they wouldnt be as lethal. If it was any harder no one would be able to do it. Its just the right amount to get the best of the best and i give him props for trying. I dont think we should discourage anyone here from wanting it, cause that in the end is ultimately what will get you through. Any second of doubt you have the instructers will see it and your done. Good luck again dude.

DexwarL

Established Member
Way to go on insulting me. Take it how you like it but the facts stand. The chances of an individual becoming apart of any of the special forces groups are slim at best. :sleeping:

If you do suceed though, I'll be the first to bowdown :bowdown: :beer:

My apologies 2 you mc01svt, I reacted to what you said in a different way of what you meant, but I appreciate those who are giving me a chance and I know I have a chance.

drews01cobra

I fly really low....
Established Member
10 years ARMY myself. There are alot of easier ways to get through life. Shows your stones just in your desire to commit yourself to such a challenge. Best years of my life IMO. The only thing that has topped my service to my country was the birth of my daughter and son. Good luck, have fun and thanks for your previous service.

Last edited:

noahsark2012

4V 500rwhp club
Established Member
What's up Guys

I am a 25year old who is bored with is job as a Corrections Officer, I just got out of the Air Force in Feb. 08, job was Security Forces, or (Military Police) and have been wanting to go back into the military since. This time I prefer a challenging job and what to join the Army Special Forces(Green Berets) if any of you guys know or have any information other then what I have been told by the recuiter, I would love to hear them.

Thanks

if you want Challenging, then join the US Navy Seals...they'll challenge you.

68gtscode

Established Member
I don't mean to question or dissuade the OP, but why did you separate from AD in the first place? This fact alone should make you think VERY hard about motivation and dedication. In my experience in the military, guys selected for SF were generally the most motivated and "best fit" in the military. You separated, and this concerns me. When you separated, did they still have the "blue to green" option? If so, why didn't you take it at that time?

Just my two cents, and good luck with your decision! I have a lot of respect for SF, and hope you make it should you try.

Matt

hb712

Established Member
People who argue SEALs > SF > * probably don't know much about any of the individual forces. SEAL training and SF training will challenge people very differently.

Go to professionalsoldiers.com and read. When you're done with that, read it again. You should also pick up a copy of Get Selected! . That book will give you a ton of information on what is required to be Army Special Forces.

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
The real question you have to ask yourself is if you are willing to be in a training cycle for a minimum of 3 years for Xrays-2 for prior Army, (if you don't recycle anything and specialty dependant) before you are even assigned to a Group, then its "busy as a 3 dicked dog". Get use to living on a filthy cot in a cement bunker for months at a time, eating shitty food day in and day out, wearing 100lbs of armor for 12 to 18hrs at a time while on patrol, lol.
To be successful in SF it is a life style choice, it will take a huge amount of time and the learning curve is tremendous as your skill set and duties are constantly changing. Do a lot of research, and ask yourself what you really want to accomplish with this choice and why you are making it, H.

badazzar15

Banned
What's up Guys

I am a 25year old who is bored with is job as a Corrections Officer, I just got out of the Air Force in Feb. 08, job was Security Forces, or (Military Police) and have been wanting to go back into the military since. This time I prefer a challenging job and what to join the Army Special Forces(Green Berets) if any of you guys know or have any information other then what I have been told by the recuiter, I would love to hear them.

Thanks

If you REALLY want this, nothing can stop you. You can achieve ANYTHING in this life if your motivated enough.

It's not uncommon to see star-athlete-type guys broke down and crying like babies in training.

It's the guys that REALLY want it the most that succeed.

It's all Desire.

If you REALLY want to wear that Green Beret, you need to commit your whole life to it. PT as much as you can. No matter what type of shape your in, you will probably still break down. That's when you need to be mentally tough. Its all in your head. The Mind controls the body.

Make sure you are in the best shape of your life and then some! Focus on core strength. (Pushups, Core Abs, Running, Squats, Pullups).

Go there to PASS! Not to 'see if you can'. Failure is not an option in training like this. If you quit - you were never cut out for it in the first place.

And last thing - the longer you go in training, the tougher YOU will become.

The training WILL GET HARD EVERY DAY! But so will you :rockon:

Oh ya, your gonna hate Robin Sage

Good luck future warrior, and thank you for your service.

DexwarL

Established Member
I don't mean to question or dissuade the OP, but why did you separate from AD in the first place? This fact alone should make you think VERY hard about motivation and dedication. In my experience in the military, guys selected for SF were generally the most motivated and "best fit" in the military. You separated, and this concerns me. When you separated, did they still have the "blue to green" option? If so, why didn't you take it at that time?

Just my two cents, and good luck with your decision! I have a lot of respect for SF, and hope you make it should you try.

Matt

I got out for reasons, other then myself and I have regreted that ever since in know this time I am doing it for myself and know one else.

Anybody on here part of the SPECIAL OPERATION FORCES?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread