JLT RAI/CAI dyno results on 99 Cobra. It works!

Kafn8td

Viperia Aspis
Established Member
lmao - I bought mine over a month ago, and when I posted that I could feel an increase I had several people tell me it was a waste of money and there was no way you could "feel" maybe 5 hp. Can't remember if it was here or on stangnet. Great job tucker! I notice the increase most on the top end. One day I'll get it on the dyno.

iczar1

Established Member
Originally posted by Kafn8td
lmao - I bought mine over a month ago, and when I posted that I could feel an increase I had several people tell me it was a waste of money and there was no way you could "feel" maybe 5 hp. Can't remember if it was here or on stangnet. Great job tucker! I notice the increase most on the top end. One day I'll get it on the dyno.

Hey you have any Pics of what your JLT P Red CAI looks like on your car? I either want a P Red or Just black. thanks!

UCBeau

Originally posted by Tucker
I can't gaurantee 12HP as all cars are differant. All cars have differant mods which have a direct reaction to the gain of a CAI. I think we proved it works. I live around VA Beach and this guy lives in San Diago, totally across the country. We do not know each other at all. This is as independent as it gets!
What Company does this? 12 HP on a N/A car is alot to, even though I've gained much more on all my test cars.
I do offer a money back gaurantee if you dyno before and after and lose or gain nothing.

As of now I don't have plans to do a group purchace, but will think about it. Let me get some stock built up and see how things go with the ad in 5.0. Anybody see it yet??
did you get my email?

Tucker

I will do some True Blue when I return from vacation.
Thanks to all my customers for the good comments. You've all been real good to me.
I will see what I can come up with on a group deal. I'm going to spend some serious time thinking today with my toes in the sand and a drink in my hand. (damb that sounds like a song! LOL)
Talk to you later.
Jay

Avenging Angel

Established Member
Originally posted by SanDiego01Snake

Now to the gains.

1st run: stock, except for K&N filter.
274.7 rwhp
292.0 rwtq

3rd run: JLT added, MAF reset.
301.2 rwhp
317.0 rwtq

Hey what's a MAF reset?

Also did you get the CAI or RAI?

UCBeau

Originally posted by Avenging Angel
Hey what's a MAF reset?

Also did you get the CAI or RAI?

I got the CAI. Resetting the MAF just zeroes it out and lets it relearn the amount of air flowing past it. I'm not sure how it was done or what exactly it does.

Kafn8td

Viperia Aspis
Established Member
Yep that's it. I disconnected the battery when I started the install and reconnected when I was finished.

kaos

Established Member
Originally posted by OhOneSnake
If you have a tune (ie Diablo Predator) do you just reinstall the tune after you reconnect the battery?

Nope. At least I'm 99% sure you don't. I believe the tune is stored on the puter so you wouldn't have to redo the tune.

JoeCobra

Established Member
tucker we need another group buy! lots of us missed out on the last one. me largely cause i was on vacation during most of it and noticed it at the end of the last day! sheesh!

Users who are viewing this thread