JLT RAI/CAI dyno results on 99 Cobra. It works!

Avenging Angel

Established Member
Originally posted by OhOneSnake
You need a MAF adapter because your stock filter/MAF setup is too large to fit inside the fenderwell because of the large clamp ring connector.

You order the MAF adapter and another filter. The filter you order from JLT slips onto the maf adapter, which attaches to your stock MAF with 4 bolts, just like the stock setup.
Now THAT's a good explanation. Thanks!

Now what if I get the RAI & the filter doesn't go in the fender. Do I still need the adapter?

Wylde Horses

4.56 gear advocate
Established Member
Originally posted by Avenging Angel

Now what if I get the RAI & the filter doesn't go in the fender. Do I still need the adapter?

Well, you can do without it, but it would be best to get the adaptor so you can run an open filter right behind the headlight.

Tucker

Originally posted by Avenging Angel

If you don't have a MAF adaptor, then you need one. Both kits use the same style filter, clamp on.

I just did some Rio red this weekend. I also have a couple Bright Atlantic blue!!

BTW, I will be on a much needed vacation from 6/25-7/4. So, orders will be shipped, when I return, in the order they come in through out that next week or so. It may take alittle longer to get cought up.
Thanks all:beer:

bouncer18

Established Member
i still like my JLP ram air kit..

looks cool.. its deffinatly functional... just wish they came with a straight pipe after the maf

curious to see how the JLP does compared to this one.. guess its time for yet another dyno visit

AzDropTop

Established Member
Onslaw,
I was quoting from SanDiego01Snake and didn't use the 'Quote" tool. :) I haven't gotten mine yet :( But I too am looking forward to his results. Sorry about that...

kaos

Established Member
Originally posted by AzDropTop
Onslaw,
I was quoting from SanDiego01Snake and didn't use the 'Quote" tool. :) I haven't gotten mine yet :( But I too am looking forward to his results. Sorry about that...

So if you were a rapper would you also bite ryhmes. LOL!!!!

UCBeau

Sorry about the delay, some non car stuff came up.
I did 3 pulls, one with it, then one without it. The ambient temperature variance between the first and third pulls was 5 degrees, due in part to the time it took to install the system.

The tech who did the installation commented on a few things:
There was no rubber fuel line included (acts as a buffer between fender and inlet tube)
The rubber elbow that connects the tube to the throttle body could be trimmed to look neater
Different clamps, "butterfly" style, could be used and would make it look better.
Overall craftsmanship was good, inlet pipe was painted only decently though, because there was some running of the paint.

Now to the gains.

1st run: stock, except for K&N filter.
274.7 rwhp
292.0 rwtq

3rd run: JLT added, MAF reset.
301.2 rwhp
317.0 rwtq

My MAF was pegged because there was so much air flowing in, so we are going to upgrade to the 90mm Lightning MAF and possibly gain 5-6 more horses and a few more ft/lbs or torque.

The second run wasn't included because the MAF pegged early causing bad readings, so we dyno'd a 3rd time and had no problems.

Disclaimer: I paid FULL price for the JLT kit, 255 including shipping to San Diego, and I paid for the dyno runs $35, myself too. So I had nothing to gain from this except power.

Tomjh99

Established Member
That is bad ass. I was just waiting for some more results, you know just to make sure this upgrade was legit. I am very impressed with those results for your snake being all stock. It is all stock except for your new CAI right ? Also you said your MAF was pegged, what do you mean by that ?

UCBeau

Well the tech (Joe) said that because the CAI was flowing so much air, it was overwhelming the MAF, meaning the MAF's sensor wasn't able to accomodate all that extra air flowing past it.
Does that make sense? sorry I am not very good at describing things like this..

UCBeau

Originally posted by PSNOUS
Wow thats impressive. I may have to get one for my 01

What all parts did you get?
I got the CAI, and the MAF adapter plate, and the filter.
He sent me a painted fender mounting plate but i ordered the black one, so i dont know if he made a mistake with that or what.

AzDropTop

Established Member
Originally posted by SanDiego01Snake
Sorry about the delay, some non car stuff came up.
I did 3 pulls, one with it, then one without it. The ambient temperature variance between the first and third pulls was 5 degrees, due in part to the time it took to install the system.

The tech who did the installation commented on a few things:
There was no rubber fuel line included (acts as a buffer between fender and inlet tube)
The rubber elbow that connects the tube to the throttle body could be trimmed to look neater
Different clamps, "butterfly" style, could be used and would make it look better.
Overall craftsmanship was good, inlet pipe was painted only decently though, because there was some running of the paint.

Now to the gains.

1st run: stock, except for K&N filter.
274.7 rwhp
292.0 rwtq

3rd run: JLT added, MAF reset.
301.2 rwhp
317.0 rwtq

My MAF was pegged because there was so much air flowing in, so we are going to upgrade to the 90mm Lightning MAF and possibly gain 5-6 more horses and a few more ft/lbs or torque.

The second run wasn't included because the MAF pegged early causing bad readings, so we dyno'd a 3rd time and had no problems.

Disclaimer: I paid FULL price for the JLT kit, 255 including shipping to San Diego, and I paid for the dyno runs $35, myself too. So I had nothing to gain from this except power.

25Hp? Wow. What are your mods again?

Users who are viewing this thread