Japanese rice - My almost 1 year old 2015 Subaru WRX (limited)

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
This was posted yesterday.

The new FA20 is the new WRX is proving to be quite a contender. Thats 100% increase over stock.

Pretty much all basic bolt ons available on a E85 tune.

There is also one running 10's on upgraded turbo with all stock internals pushing 530whp.

Goddamn. Has anyone figured out how much the internals can handle?

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
The rods are the weakest point. They look pretty damn thin. There has been a few people I know of who have blown theirs already and rebuily with forged but most likely due to running lean/improper tunning. It's risky running E85 without flex kits.

I met up with this guy,
3a62mgg.jpg

He is running upgraded turbo, stock internals and is pushing 435whp on agressive tune and 385whp on conservative, 93 pump gas. Too early to tell but these look to be more efficient than the EJs for power and reliability but time will tell. So far I think the 535whp is the highest... Which is crazy because that's easily over 600hp... 2x more than stock... Lol.

I think with everything... It will depend on the car and the tuner.

Now it's a matter of time before Subaru puts them in the STi. I'd assume the prize car would have got the newest first not sure why they went this route.

Last edited:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
That's pretty badass! What net WHP would it have on regular pump 93? One of the reasons I won't convert the Cobra to E85 is that there is nowhere around RVA to find the stuff.
Highest I've seen on 93 with stock turbo and all bolt ons is 375whp. The guy I posted above that I was hanging with. His is all 93 pump tuned but he has a larger turbo (5862 pt turbo/.82)

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^ 375whp on bolt-ons and the stock turbo is mighty impressive. I could be happy with that if I owned a new WRX. I really like that they toned down the exterior to make it less boy-racer. Definitely a bit of a sleeper look now.

Strauss95

Established Member
Great looking car, love how clean your 15 is! And the power they are making stock turbo on E85 is very impressive! I really wish I had E85 in my area.

I daily a 2009 STi. And yes, I already dealt with ringland failure lol. But all is well now, had the motor built so it's good for 600whp+ now. Still protuned on the stock turbo for now, but very soon I plan on adding a Blouch 1.5XTR into the mix. Should make for a fun responsive set up for my daily commute.
20150705untitled shoot0003.jpg by strauss95, on Flickr
20150705untitled shoot0001.jpg by strauss95, on Flickr

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Great looking car, love how clean your 15 is! And the power they are making stock turbo on E85 is very impressive! I really wish I had E85 in my area.

I daily a 2009 STi. And yes, I already dealt with ringland failure lol. But all is well now, had the motor built so it's good for 600whp+ now. Still protuned on the stock turbo for now, but very soon I plan on adding a Blouch 1.5XTR into the mix. Should make for a fun responsive set up for my daily commute.
20150705untitled shoot0003.jpg by strauss95, on Flickr
20150705untitled shoot0001.jpg by strauss95, on Flickr

Very clean man, looks great. Are those Mach V wicked awesome wheels?

I had a 2012 WRX and my main reason of getting rid of it was running into ringland/bearing issues. I just constantly stayed paranoid over it. Plus I got the car used so I had no idea what was done to it prior to owning which always kind of bothered me. I wanted a fresh clean platform to do my own customization.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
WOW!

Makes me wish Subaru made a rwd coupe with that motor in it, id dump my Genny in a heartbeat for high 300whp bolton/tune potential. And that boxer growl doe...

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Sorry for the late reply, yes they are the Mach V Wicked Awesome wheels. Running 265/35/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sports.
Thouht so, great wheels. Mach V is only around an hour and half drive from me. They had an open house a few weeks back but I was out of state. I'm not too sure about their tuning though. Anyways nice car.

Last edited:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
The post a made the other week where the guy mad 415whp on stock turbo/motor on E85 ran it last week. Ran a 12.1 pass at 117. With a little cooler weather there looking at around 119 trap. Pretty cool.

2TsUQGo.jpg
Another guy on a completely stock 15 WRX minus a ECU tune made a high 12 second pass. I want to take mine but skert!

tE5l7pV.jpg
Did do a nice cruise this weekend with a small group. Car ran awesome. I was sticking right with all of the STis.

4DET7dX.jpg

Last edited:

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Great looking car, that has to be a fun daily. Awesome pass for the tuned one as well.

Users who are viewing this thread