Japanese rice - My almost 1 year old 2015 Subaru WRX (limited)

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I've never really bothered posting pictures since I've had it. I've done quite a few things in the past year and figured I'd share for those WHO do enjoy imports as well.

So far I have installed Invidia Q300 Burnt titanium catback, Stage 1 protune, AccessPort tuner, 2011 STi rims- sanded and repainted them, Kenwood DNX771HD HU, RCE Yellow Performance springs, 35% tint. I feel like maybe I've done a few other things but I can't remember. I generally am more about dollar VS performance than visual but I love where the car sits now. I already have 30,000 miles on it... Yep in less than a year. I've enjoyed every minute. It's the best DD ever. Nearly 300 AWHP (new 2.0 DIT flat 4 boxer), comfortable ride. Softer around the edges than the previous generations. I had a 2012 prior. I was actually attracted to the more "mature" look. Some say it's a little too bland, but I think that's why I like it. It looks great but kind of blends in. The car does have some funny angles sometimes.

Anyways, pictures. The day I picked it up,

This is where it sits now (Took these today).

UPDATE:

Bump.

Made some changes since last time I've posted this.

I have since added a full 3" catless turbo back exhaust by ETS with "quiet" mufflers. Along with TGV deletes, grimspeed electronic boost control solenoid and new tune. I have also tinted out the side markets on the head lights as well as getting the roof and lip wrapped in gloss black vinyl.

I have retired the car from DD status and now is just a weekend/pleasure vehicle. It's sitting at 38k miles. The car is a freaking blast to drive. I am really loving the additional power from the new mods. I have not put it on the dyno but the car is running strong. People with simular mods on my tuners dyno are putting down between 300-310awhp/330-340awtq. I REALLY wish I could get e85 is no conversion is needed other than tune with the DI engines. People are putting north to 400awhp with E85 and these power mods. Next big upgrade will most likely be new ETS turbo kit if I keep the car.

Anyways, here are sound videos of the exhaust. Tons of turbo spool. I think due to the low mount turbo, the sound amplifies off the road. As the EJ design, the turbo was mounted up high, in the top rear of the engine bay. People are constantly turning their head when I drive by because you hear the turbo spooling even on light cruising.

Updating #3 for any interested.

Car has come a little further since the last update.

Added a few more supporting mods.

Added a new top mount inter cooler, intake system, fuel pump and did the EGR delete.
Intake

LVSm23J.jpg

EGR Deletes
6XD4Os3.jpg

tgWnFcs.jpg

New intercooler system
fgdVrOr.png

I dropped it off at All Aspects Motorsports Monday to have the valves clean (walnut blasting) since direct injection... we have the curse of the BMW owners. All in all I guess they weren't TOO bad for my millage. I had just rolled 44k when I dropped it off.

4anWqxo.png

I also had them install a stage II direct port meth 50/50 kit to help with power since E85 is a no go around here and it will also help keep the valves cleaned since we don't have porting.

SHxdTPu.png

The car made great numbers on their dyno. They are known for more of a heart breaker dyno (AWD Mustang Dyno). I wasn't number chasing. I was looking for peak gains from stock to full bolt on. I gained over 140whp from stock to now, so right around 200hp. Pretty great gains. Most enjoyable is knowing I did all the work myself. That car has been a blast to work on.

Stock baselines: 210WHP
Now as it sits: 345whp/347WTQ on a safe tune. Clean, no feedback knock. No adjustments to knock sensors either like some chasers ;).

These little 2.0 boxer engines (FA20DIT) are quite impressive. I am still on stock turbo/block. Let's hope it stays that way for awhile.

U8qNKpD.png

And some weekend shots before I dropped it off.

0r1xHXq.jpg

WTKd9LB.jpg

tjlBqyB.jpg

Last edited:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Holy moly!
I'm hitting year two for my car and im still at 15k. Wire, did you think of getting a TDI for commuting and a weekend car, before you got the wrx?

I just can't do VW. I never liked the look. I've always been more of a sedan/coupe guy. Plus I wanted something roomy because I have 2 kids i'm always hauling around. :)

If I got what I really wanted, it would have been a 2015 Mustang GT but it didn't fit the bill for what I actually needed. In due time I suppose.

Last edited:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Looks good Rich! Hey, if you don't have plans for this Saturday, our local Mustang club is having an all makes car show at Westchester Commons down off 288 at Midlothian Tnpk. Bring the kids and come out for a bit.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Looks great... I've been a subie wrx fan for some time.. I would like one for my DD too...

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Those STi wheels should have come on it from the factory. Look amazing on the white. I drove one and it was in my top 3 but i ended up going with the FiST instead to keep it in the Ford family. Even though the WRX would have been much faster. Either way, car looks great and i bet is a bunch of fun.

One question, did they not include the Brembo's on this model WRX or was it an option?

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Those STi wheels should have come on it from the factory. Look amazing on the white. I drove one and it was in my top 3 but i ended up going with the FiST instead to keep it in the Ford family. Even though the WRX would have been much faster. Either way, car looks great and i bet is a bunch of fun.

One question, did they not include the Brembo's on this model WRX or was it an option?

Nope. Brembos come with STi. The STi IMO has already been struggling to separate itself from the WRX in terms of performance in the past few generations. The WRX is more popular at this point because it's a better bang for your buck. The power between the two have been basically the same since 09 (WRX has been underated from factory). The differences between the 2 now are the electronic diffs, larger brakes and stiffer suspension, that's really about it. Subaru really needs to up the game on the STi. I think they will introduce the new FA20DIT in the STi in another year or two. I'd imagine to see, or atleast HOPE, 350hp. Otherwise, they just will fall behind everyone. I think they are waiting for the competition to put out their figures first. The EJ25 is such an old platform now.

My other reason for going Subaru is they have one of THE BEST resale value out there. When I traded in my 2012 with 56,000 miles, I sold it for 6,000$ less than what I paid for it new and that was going straight through the dealer. I probably could have got a little more sealing outright.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Holy moly!
I'm hitting year two for my car and im still at 15k. Wire, did you think of getting a TDI for commuting and a weekend car, before you got the wrx?

We're at the same pace. LOL. I'm at 7,350 and hit the 1-year mark two weeks ago.

That is a really clean looking WRX. I like the Burnt Titanium catback. And the stance. Good looking interior, too. A very nice sedan choice IMO.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
During winter the car performed very well. Being I have to sometimes get stuck in work when it's storming, making a 50 mile trip back in blizzards feel much more confident doing them in an AWD car. Winter I run the stock 17s wrapped in 225/45 Dunlop SP Wintersport M3's and they did an awesome job. I was driving in inches of snow, slush and ice and never felt the car try to walk away unless I got silly with it.

Here is a video of a little parking lot honing.

[video=youtube;mlluFRtHrAo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlluFRtHrAo[/video]

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Looks good Wire, how the kids doing? You've been low key for a while 'round here.

Thanks for asking, they are good. Growing at the speed of light. Daughter turned 11 last month and my son will be turning 7 in June. Between work, home life and still doing everything as a single dad, my time stays limited. Plus it's so hard for me to keep up with anything on here when I jump on. I just occasionally jump on to piss in someones cheerios when I can.

Users who are viewing this thread