Japanese rice - My almost 1 year old 2015 Subaru WRX (limited)

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
No ringland failure yet? lol

The new WRX doesn't have the EJ motor, so nope, and no reports of anyone having those issues. Those jokes are only relevant to old WRX and new STis now. ;)

That's one of the main reasons I got rid of my 2012. I just feared of spinning a bearing/ring land failure.

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice DD OP, I love STIs I have always wanted one for a DD but there still to pricy IMO. Either way, your car is super clean.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Nice, see your posts on FB. One of the cleanest subies I see are from your posts (most in person around here are thrashed).

Oh snaps!

LOL

Ya. The more meets I got to the more I realize I do not fit in with the majority of the Subaru crowd. There are some very clean, well done ones but the others... ya just not for me. Last weekend was the first car event/Subaru related gathering I've went to in quite some time. BoxerFest ended up having about 2,700 people there last Saturday. You certainly get a large variety of styles.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Took this playing around earlier. fbMThkn.jpg
I agree. My springs were my favorite visual mod. I'm thinking of going to coils now that I'm not DD. The front with a slighter drop looks menacing with the slope on these cars. I don't really want to do splitters. I just don't care for them.

Last edited:

colin450

Established Member
Cool car. And having a front plate must not be too bad when you can get one like that :thumbsup:

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
Looks real good man, and love that exhaust sound. The boxer motor sounds sweet with the right aftermarket exhaust. I'm rocking a 07 WRX hawk eye as a winter daily.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
This was posted yesterday.

The new FA20 is the new WRX is proving to be quite a contender. Thats 100% increase over stock.

Pretty much all basic bolt ons available on a E85 tune.
wtb9Wr8.jpg

There is also one running 10's on upgraded turbo with all stock internals pushing 530whp.

Last edited:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
This was posted yesterday.

The new FA20 is the new WRX is proving to be quite a contender. Thats 100% increase over stock.

Pretty much all basic bolt ons available on a E85 tune.
wtb9Wr8.jpg

There is also one running 10's on upgraded turbo with all stock internals pushing 530whp.

That's pretty badass! What net WHP would it have on regular pump 93? One of the reasons I won't convert the Cobra to E85 is that there is nowhere around RVA to find the stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread