Jamal Hameedi has left the building

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I mean Ford is going from being a Buffet to a Chipotle. I'm not suggesting a million part combos, but maybe just offering those upgrades for known weak points.

Ford goes "We want to offer a forged rod/piston/crank package", suppliers bid to Ford, what they can fill the order at, like how Walmart operates. It's not really pick from a ton of options, its a custom illusion really. You want stock pistons or this upgraded brand we have sourced? You going to pay extra for steak or nah? 3rd party manufacturers will be held to the same warranty, Ford deems valid.

Sort the assembly line into divisions. "This car has the upgraded 6R60, it kicks out the line briefly and goes to the SVT line, slips back in line, on to the next division. It can be done extremely efficiently.

------| Motor/Trans |--------| Suspension |------etc
-------------------------------------------------------

I guess Dodge did do something similar with the customizeable vipers recently.

Ever heard of option cost?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Yes, but that's a rather general question/answer. I'm up for learning something if you want to elaborate.

That's essentially why you don't see options like that. While a set of rods by themselves are not that expensive, the price increases significantly in a production setting. Even if they cost the same as PM rods there is a significant cost associated offering the option.

SirShaun

Established Member
That's essentially why you don't see options like that. While a set of rods by themselves are not that expensive, the price increases significantly in a production setting. Even if they cost the same as PM rods there is a significant cost associated offering the option.

Ah so things get cheaper without as many options huh. ;) $20k fully loaded Mustang GTs lets go.

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Im happy as hell for him. Whoever is promoted to fill his position has some BIG goddamned shoes to fill.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
The couple of times I’ve met him, while he was very good at his job and very knowledgeable, he came off as a bit of a diva IMO.

Best of luck to him at his new job.
I bet there's guys on this forum that have just as much if not more SVT knowledge than him, just sayin'. Yeah I see the diva feeling.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
And you're probably not going to. Takata is going through bankruptcy hearings now.
I had my airbag done at the dealership about 4 months ago... They even have the hard to locate passenger side replacements in stock, I got a notice last month.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
I bet there's guys on this forum that have just as much if not more SVT knowledge than him, just sayin'. Yeah I see the diva feeling.

Silly.

He's not a diva, really at all. He's just aloof and very difficult to read for people that don't know him. He's actually a bit of a hippy.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
The big question is, does he still have his '13 GT500 with the personalized door sill plates?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Big loss, but not insurmountable. I truly hope that there is an entire generation of young gearhead engineers at Ford influenced by Jamal and Dave Pericak and Hau Thai-Tang. All champing at the bit to get a crack at the next high performance Ford offering!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Silly.

He's not a diva, really at all. He's just aloof and very difficult to read for people that don't know him. He's actually a bit of a hippy.

I'd refer to him as 'guarded' when dealing with the general public or people he doesn't know, and that is completely understandable.

No. That was a company car. He still 16 GT350R. It has equal length headers that sound ****ing amazing at WOT.

Those headers are a work of art. Some of those dyno pulls sounded out of this world (if my memory serves me correctly).

Big loss, but not insurmountable. I truly hope that there is an entire generation of young gearhead engineers at Ford influenced by Jamal and Dave Pericak and Hau Thai-Tang. All champing at the bit to get a crack at the next high performance Ford offering!

I haven't spent much time around Pericak, but I can tell you that Hau is a great guy.

Users who are viewing this thread