Jamal Hameedi has left the building

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
After a successful 27 year run at Ford, Jamal Hameedi turned in his resignation last week and is leaving Ford Performance to join Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations.

It's a great opportunity for him, perfect fit in my opinion, and he'll have a great time over there.

Best of luck killer.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
This doesn't really have anything to do with the rest of the business. Believe it or not, performance is one thing they are gonna spend money on.

This was just a great deal for him at the right time to go to the right place. Not really about Ford, more about JLR and him personally.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
The couple of times I’ve met him, while he was very good at his job and very knowledgeable, he came off as a bit of a diva IMO.

Best of luck to him at his new job.

bullitt2735

Established Member
bummer for us Ford performance fans I thought he did a great job. Maybe Jag will make a real performance car again and not some unobtanium limited edition svr cars.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
With the recent cuts to the line up, how long before they quit the performance segment? Seems like the beginning of the end.

Been thinking about this very question the last few days. I'm hopeful that with Ford abandoning several platforms they will have more capital to invest into the performance segment. Time will tell I guess.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
bummer for us Ford performance fans I thought he did a great job. Maybe Jag will make a real performance car again and not some unobtanium limited edition svr cars.

Jag has been making some sweet performance sedans for the last several years. A supercharged XJ will easily run with a 5.0, but with much more luxury and refinement. I’d never pay $103k new...but bought used they are a performance bargain.

bullitt2735

Established Member
I meant specifically track ready cars, they've been doing great in th GT sports car segment but I wan't them to come out with something a little more focused. The xe sv project 8 that they aren't going to build for example

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
This doesn't really have anything to do with the rest of the business. Believe it or not, performance is one thing they are gonna spend money on.

This was just a great deal for him at the right time to go to the right place. Not really about Ford, more about JLR and him personally.
Good to hear. I can't see Ford dropping performance completely since it's been a big part of the company's heritage. But when the number crunchers get involved, or if the industry takes a turn towards full electric, you never know where that road goes.
Besides, there is definitely still a strong market demand for performance vehicles. I don't think that will change until the price of premium fuel reaches race gas prices.

Ramairgt1

ST 'D
Established Member
I met him a few years ago during the '13 GT500 Media release at Road Atlanta. Nice guy, sucks he resigned.

SirShaun

Established Member
I can be available for the right price. I may not be what Ford North America wants, but I am what Ford North America needs.

I bring the perfect blend of automotive ingenuity. Lighter, better, faster, stronger, is the motto. We will be the first major automotive company to partner with 3rd party performance part retailers. Recaros, and Whipples were just the beginning. Ford, the first manufacturer to offer upgraded parts, installed on the assembly line floor. Do you want forged internals, twin turbos, upgraded fuel system, upgraded half shafts, all completed before you take pickup of your new ride?

Ford, where build it now, means build it now.

Should make for less overhead, higher profit margins, all the while helping smaller companies grow.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Ford better get John Coletti back

Is Colletti even still alive?

I can be available for the right price. I may not be what Ford North America wants, but I am what Ford North America needs.

I bring the perfect blend of automotive ingenuity. Lighter, better, faster, stronger, is the motto. We will be the first major automotive company to partner with 3rd party performance part retailers. Recaros, and Whipples were just the beginning. Ford, the first manufacturer to offer upgraded parts, installed on the assembly line floor. Do you want forged internals, twin turbos, upgraded fuel system, upgraded half shafts, all completed before you take pickup of your new ride?

Ford, where build it now, means build it now.

Should make for less overhead, higher profit margins, all the while helping smaller companies grow.

Sounds good in theory, but that would lead to more overhead or longer wait times for delivery. If every car coming off the line is a 1 of 1, it could take years for a customer to receive his custom car.

SirShaun

Established Member
Is Colletti even still alive?

Sounds good in theory, but that would lead to more overhead or longer wait times for delivery. If every car coming off the line is a 1 of 1, it could take years for a customer to receive his custom car.

I mean Ford is going from being a Buffet to a Chipotle. I'm not suggesting a million part combos, but maybe just offering those upgrades for known weak points. They aren't doing much anymore, so what they are doing, it better be something special. I know shit isn't going to get cheaper to reflect the cuts.

Ford goes "We want to offer a forged rod/piston/crank package", suppliers bid to Ford, what they can fill the order at, like how Walmart operates. It's not really pick from a ton of options, its a custom illusion really. You want stock pistons or this upgraded brand we have sourced? You going to pay extra for steak or nah? 3rd party manufacturers will be held to the same warranty, Ford deems valid.

In theory, picking a reputable supplier, in itself is a form of quality control, as hopefully what they are bidding on, is all they do. All we do is X, we aren't going to F up X". Then i think Takata and how I haven't got my recall done yet, but yeah.

Sort the assembly line into divisions. "This car has the upgraded 6R60, it kicks out the line briefly and goes to the SVT line, slips back in line, on to the next division. It can be done extremely efficiently.

------| Motor/Trans |--------| Suspension |------etc
-------------------------------------------------------

I guess Dodge did do something similar with the customizeable vipers recently.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread