Jag Going all Electric

Fat Boss

Established Member
I'm glad I am secure enough in my manhood that I don't define it with how loud my exhaust is. I guess if you're not ever going to become anything in life, you cling to your mufflers lol. My six foot blond gf is laughing at your implications that I'm gay.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Ive been plenty constructive. Everyone knows youre a Lefty who has trouble getting her T regimen figured out each day.

Everyone knows I'm a lefty? Wrong, more libertarian. I have no idea what a T regimen is. Maybe it's something you little bitches use on the playground?

What's his name?

Her name's Candice. She's got a rockin' bod too. Just because you spend your nights with Palmala and her five sisters doesn't mean I do.

We really need to get these little children back into school.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
I'm glad I am secure enough in my manhood that I don't define it with how loud my exhaust is.

I guess if you're not ever going to become anything in life, you cling to your mufflers lol

My six foot blond gf is laughing at your implications that I'm gay.

Or how quite your Mach e is

lol, not surprised she’s six foot. Not surprised you had to mention it either.

On a more serious note, what was the ADM on the Mach e?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blk02edge

Established Member
118_1270.jpg

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Meh, always have an ICE project car, I like my F150 too, but I wouldn't mind picking up an all electric DD in addition. We charge free at the office. Would literally never have to pay to run it. Dont really see the downside for me personally. Traffic anyway, not like I'm have fun, just get from A to B and back.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
WTF happened to hybrids?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Simply not feasible. Most of the frenzied buying died off when the incentives did. It's twice the maintenance, complexity, and cost when you have both ICE and EV. The fuel savings didn't offset the capital and maintenance costs. Same thing that hinders range extended EVs, although they're looking at those closely for heavier and long range vehicles.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Or how quite your Mach e is

lol, not surprised she’s six foot. Not surprised you had to mention it either.

On a more serious note, what was the ADM on the Mach e?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

If you had a hot gf that's nine years younger, you'd probably bugle about it too. No ADM on the Mach. I just have to wait for the fall when they start producing the Performance Edition.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Speaking of ADM's, can you imagine how much ADM there's going to be on the last ICE GT500's? Better start saving now if you're going to want one. It's going to be a jackpot for the dealers.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Friend of mine, last winter his father bought a Tesla model X while in Florida, and come April, wanted it back here in Massachusetts. Father flew home, son flew down, and drove it back.

in a conventional ICE vehicle he can make it straight thru in 26 hours.

the Tesla, he had to stop 16 times on the way home to charge it, and each charging station was off the Highway in a shopping center, office park, etc, so almost 45-60 minutes per stop.
Trip took him 42 hours and 2 separate nights in a hotel.

he told his dad next year if he wanted it back down in Florida for the winter he could have it shipped, he would never drive it down or back again.

After about the 5th time i would have had to call my dad and break the news to him that his car was stolen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Simply not feasible. Most of the frenzied buying died off when the incentives did. It's twice the maintenance, complexity, and cost when you have both ICE and EV. The fuel savings didn't offset the capital and maintenance costs. Same thing that hinders range extended EVs, although they're looking at those closely for heavier and long range vehicles.
I'm going to call complete and utter bullshit on this one. Not all hybrids are the same quality, but I'd stand by any produced by Toyota Motor Corp and Lexus. You know how you service the hybrid system? You change the inverter coolant every 100k miles. There is no scheduled fluid change, but 100k is a good rule of thumb. There is zero maintenance on the battery packs.

I personally leased a 2014 CT200h for 4 years and AVERAGED 38mpg. That was with my foot buried in it when I drove it. The only service I performed was 4 regularly scheduled oil changes, tire rotations, 1 engine air filter and 2 cabin air filters.

I can count on one hand how many hybrid transmissions I saw replaced and have a few digits left over for. I never replaced one due to failure. Sure there have been service issues and voluntary service recalls, but considering how many units were built versus how many may have broken down, I'd call it in the teens percentage wise.

You literally drive it like a normal car. You fill up the gas tank when its low and the car does the rest. I cant recall doing more than a handful of brake jobs, and I serviced hundreds of hybrids over nearly 15 years.

Dont spread false FUDD, it's a bad look.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
I'm going to call complete and utter bullshit on this one. Not all hybrids are the same quality, but I'd stand by any produced by Toyota Motor Corp and Lexus. You know how you service the hybrid system? You change the inverter coolant every 100k miles. There is no scheduled fluid change, but 100k is a good rule of thumb. There is zero maintenance on the battery packs.

I personally leased a 2014 CT200h for 4 years and AVERAGED 38mpg. That was with my foot buried in it when I drove it. The only service I performed was 4 regularly scheduled oil changes, tire rotations, 1 engine air filter and 2 cabin air filters.

I can count on one hand how many hybrid transmissions I saw replaced and have a few digits left over for. I never replaced one due to failure. Sure there have been service issues and voluntary service recalls, but considering how many units were built versus how many may have broken down, I'd call it in the teens percentage wise.

You literally drive it like a normal car. You fill up the gas tank when its low and the car does the rest. I cant recall doing more than a handful of brake jobs, and I serviced hundreds of hybrids over nearly 15 years.

Dont spread false FUDD, it's a bad look.

That's your opinion based on one car, and I have mine based on the hybrids I've worked on/serviced, from passenger car to truck and bus with a variety of hybrid achitectures. That's including manufacturer testing where we're accumulating mileage on as many units as possible to try and find when and where things fail.

Toyota certainly is probably one of the most reliable hybrid manufacturers, but that goes for their ICE cars as well.

On hybrids as a whole I don't think I've seen any powertrain failures. The failures are usually fault codes and the resulting limitations that they can cause. Root cause usually comes back to sensors, modules, and software, with wiring and hardware failure appearing later in the life cycle.

And I said they were unfeasible, not that they're garbage. None of that is FUDD. But what's the sense in buying something that costs twice as much up front, weighs more, and doesn't offer significant enough fuel economy savings to offset the initial capital cost within a reasonable ROI? Once you start factoring in battery replacement during it's lifespan and the impact that has on residual value, it's not a winning economic argument. That's why customers stopped taking them as incentives expired, and full EVs became the new standard.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
That's your opinion based on one car, and I have mine based on the hybrids I've worked on/serviced, from passenger car to truck and bus with a variety of hybrid achitectures. That's including manufacturer testing where we're accumulating mileage on as many units as possible to try and find when and where things fail.

Toyota certainly is probably one of the most reliable hybrid manufacturers, but that goes for their ICE cars as well.

On hybrids as a whole I don't think I've seen any powertrain failures. The failures are usually fault codes and the resulting limitations that they can cause. Root cause usually comes back to sensors, modules, and software, with wiring and hardware failure appearing later in the life cycle.

And I said they were unfeasible, not that they're garbage. None of that is FUDD. But what's the sense in buying something that costs twice as much up front, weighs more, and doesn't offer significant enough fuel economy savings to offset the initial capital cost within a reasonable ROI? Once you start factoring in battery replacement during it's lifespan and the impact that has on residual value, it's not a winning economic argument. That's why customers stopped taking them as incentives expired, and full EVs became the new standard.
Im not entirely sure which models are twice as expensive for the hybrid version than the electric version. If you're talking about industrial applications, then thats out of my wheelhouse.

As for the consumer auto market, lets compare. The base Ford Fusion starts at 23,170. The hybrid Fusion starts at 28,000. Thats not double. 2021 Toyota Highlander starts at 34,910. Highlander Hybrid starts at 38,510. Hyundai Sonata starts at 23,700. Sonata Hybrid Starts at 27,750. Honda Accord starts at 24,970. Accord Hybrid starts at 26,570.

Theres a pretty clear pattern here. Im also not sure why there would be incentives for hybrids now, as the technology has matured.

Additionally, failures and worn components happen to all vehicles once the mileages start getting higher. Lets compare 2 transaxles:

2015 Toyota Camry trans axle: $4200. The hybrid version? $4300.
Source: parts.toyota.com Yes, Hybrids also have converter/inverters, high voltage lines and a hybrid ecu. If you're buying a shitty brands hybrid offering, well thats like buying anything else from a shitty brand.

Users who are viewing this thread