Jag Going all Electric

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Is a shame. My mom’s summer car is a blacked out, drop top, 13 XKR. What an incredible sounding car, supercharged 5.0 moves out too!

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
all this EV stuff is going to create a "classic car" boom. those of us that don't hate EV, but feel it cannot replace good ole piston power are always going to pay for a gas burner. the soul of a car is its engine, thats what really gives us what we love about driving.

having driven a few Teslas, I mean they are a hoot but after about 45mins I was left missing something. I missed the roar of an engine, the shifting of a transmission and the bark out the back from the exhaust. that cannot be replaced or replicated.

long live the car.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
We’re having CA style rolling blackouts during the coldest polar vortex since the 80s. Just imagine everyone having their goddamn EV plugged into this grid. SMH I cannot shout loud enough that the EV is NOT the solution!!

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
We’re having CA style rolling blackouts during the coldest polar vortex since the 80s. Just imagine everyone having their goddamn EV plugged into this grid. SMH I cannot shout loud enough that the EV is NOT the solution!!
And you can't charge and go get food....

I love how no one has addressed the recharge problem. That's great you got 300 miles now.... But what if I'm driving 350 miles to go somewhere?

Blown 89

Established Member

I love how no one has addressed the recharge problem. That's great you got 300 miles now.... But what if I'm driving 350 miles to go somewhere?
You're assuming a Tesla gets 300 miles. Tesla was the only manufacturer to fail every edmunds range test. EV range generally falls flat on their faces on the highway too.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Ford is saying all EV Europe by 2030. CA says no ICE by 2035, but you know they will bump up that date. I'm starting to think about timing my last gas pickup purchase.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
300 is generous. My bro in law just bought a Tesla model 3 in St Louis and had to stop for a 30 min charge on his way back to KC. It’s 240 miles and he had 5 miles of range left when he pulled into his driveway. So let’s call it a 120 mile range during winter. The acceleration is insane I’ll give him that but I hate the power delivery.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Friend of mine, last winter his father bought a Tesla model X while in Florida, and come April, wanted it back here in Massachusetts. Father flew home, son flew down, and drove it back.

in a conventional ICE vehicle he can make it straight thru in 26 hours.

the Tesla, he had to stop 16 times on the way home to charge it, and each charging station was off the Highway in a shopping center, office park, etc, so almost 45-60 minutes per stop.
Trip took him 42 hours and 2 separate nights in a hotel.

he told his dad next year if he wanted it back down in Florida for the winter he could have it shipped, he would never drive it down or back again.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Friend of mine, last winter his father bought a Tesla model X while in Florida, and come April, wanted it back here in Massachusetts. Father flew home, son flew down, and drove it back.

in a conventional ICE vehicle he can make it straight thru in 26 hours.

the Tesla, he had to stop 16 times on the way home to charge it, and each charging station was off the Highway in a shopping center, office park, etc, so almost 45-60 minutes per stop.
Trip took him 42 hours and 2 separate nights in a hotel.

he told his dad next year if he wanted it back down in Florida for the winter he could have it shipped, he would never drive it down or back again.
Should have shipped it in the first place. Would have been like $600.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
all this EV stuff is going to create a "classic car" boom. those of us that don't hate EV, but feel it cannot replace good ole piston power are always going to pay for a gas burner. the soul of a car is its engine, thats what really gives us what we love about driving.

having driven a few Teslas, I mean they are a hoot but after about 45mins I was left missing something. I missed the roar of an engine, the shifting of a transmission and the bark out the back from the exhaust. that cannot be replaced or replicated.

long live the car.
If your looking to buy a normal gas or diesel powered car or truck, do it now. Whether EV takes over and is the genuine answer ( lol, its not) it's going to drive up the price on dino powered performance cars/trucks.

I have a personal feeling that this all EV push will fall flat on its face after a year or two. But it will certainly be a disruptor in the marketplace for sure.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I hope to god you’re right
If your looking to buy a normal gas or diesel powered car or truck, do it now. Whether EV takes over and is the genuine answer ( lol, its not) it's going to drive up the price on dino powered performance cars/trucks.

I have a personal feeling that this all EV push will fall flat on its face after a year or two. But it will certainly be a disruptor in the marketplace for sure.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
4 years... Seems ambitious but hey maybe they've had some under the wraps plans till now.

Shame cause a few of their cars with the 5.0 sound good

Fat Boss

Established Member

What planet are you on? No one addressing the recharge problem?

Shell announced that they're going to install 500,000 charging stations in the next four years. That's over 340 PER DAY, EVERY SINGLE DAY between now and then, if they level load the endeavor and install them 7 days a week. That is just from one company.

Users who are viewing this thread