I've got some odd symptoms What do the SVTP Doctors think?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
hey bro, post another updated picture of that rash!

Are you sure you want to see it? I just took a couple photos and it's nasty looking and it's spread further to my chin.

20240208_090640.jpg
20240208_090653.jpg

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Not sure if it would work for this, but I always put tobacco on bug bites and it seems to help with pain and swelling.
Copenhagen pouches work well.
Also, mix up some baking soda with just a little water to make it into a thick paste. Dab that on there and let it dry. It helps pull the water out of the blisters. Works like a charm on fire ant bites.
Good luck bro!

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Not sure if it would work for this, but I always put tobacco on bug bites and it seems to help with pain and swelling.
Copenhagen pouches work well.
Also, mix up some baking soda with just a little water to make it into a thick paste. Dab that on there and let it dry. It helps pull the water out of the blisters. Works like a charm on fire ant bites.
Good luck bro!

I've done the baking soda trick for bee stings and it helps a lot. I'm just trying not to touch anything right now and leave it be, but if it continually keeps getting worse and to that point then I'll be trying these remedies.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Looking less like poison ivy now. Im sure you've taken some anti-inflammatory already? Would likely help until you get in to see your regular doc.

Edit- just saw post #64. They gave you ibuprofen already. Good deal.

Morgan

Established Member
I've done the baking soda trick for bee stings and it helps a lot. I'm just trying not to touch anything right now and leave it be, but if it continually keeps getting worse and to that point then I'll be trying these remedies.

It will worsen with more blisters and they’ll likely result in hyper sensitivity and itching.

Baking soda and calamine are mildly helpful. Fentanyl is probably your best option.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
It will worsen with more blisters and they’ll likely result in hyper sensitivity and itching.

Baking soda and calamine are mildly helpful. Fentanyl is probably your best option.

At a dollar a pop, probably the cheapest option and easiest to get a hold of too.

I just hope it doesn't spread my eyes. I get these random faint stinging sensations in other parts around the area affected and some of the areas have resulted in blisters later. Right now my right eye feels dry and tired so I hope that's not a sign of something come.

I also found out my niece got shingles too about a year ago and she's only 18 or 19. Never had chicken pox but she did get Covid. Sounds like it's a result of Covid.

Morgan

Established Member
At a dollar a pop, probably the cheapest option and easiest to get a hold of too.

I just hope it doesn't spread my eyes. I get these random faint stinging sensations in other parts around the area affected and some of the areas have resulted in blisters later. Right now my right eye feels dry and tired so I hope that's not a sign of something come.

I also found out my niece got shingles too about a year ago and she's only 18 or 19. Never had chicken pox but she did get Covid. Sounds like it's a result of Covid.

That’s been a question in my mind, too, shingles got me shortly after Covid and I’m several years younger than the accepted lower age bound.

I caught it very early and started the meds right away. It still got worse before it got better, but hopefully you’ll see improvement in a few days.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
That’s been a question in my mind, too, shingles got me shortly after Covid and I’m several years younger than the accepted lower age bound.

I caught it very early and started the meds right away. It still got worse before it got better, but hopefully you’ll see improvement in a few days.

That seems to be the same case for me right now. I can feel more and more bumps on my head so it seems like it's getting worse at the moment. Surprisingly not as bad at the moment as I expected as far as pain goes. It's just really uncomfortable.

So far, I think Hay Fever is the most horrifyinf thing I've ever had which was when I was a kid. I just remember my skin kept peeling and exposing raw skin... pretty much everywhere.

phil a

Established Member
Vesicular rash. It's called a dermatomal distribution. Shingles is a clinical diagnosis. Don't really swab for it. Antiviral, anti inflammatories, topical creams are the treatment.
You mentioned your eyes. Did you mention this in the ER? Did they check your eyes?
Things to watch out for are eye pain, swelling, aversion to bright lights. Called herpes zoster ophthalmicus. But you're already on the antiviral it sounds like.

Best of luck dude

Last edited:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
The meds knocked me out for a couple hours and the dreams were as crazy and vivid as I expected. I was walking around outside and there was snow in this one small area where I ran into friends of mine that invited me to their house party. I was at this house party and there were 4 birds on perches in the living room that could actually talk and hold coversations, and I was trying to describe to one of them what a Macaw was.

Cool story, what happened in the dreams?

Users who are viewing this thread