I've got some odd symptoms What do the SVTP Doctors think?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Also, probably not Lyme. Ticks are fairly rare out here and I haven't been anywhere where they are more common. Also, no bullseye near these red marks which is a sure sign of Lyme. Had an ex who had a severe case of Lyme so I learned a lot about it.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I had Rubella and Shingles a few years after Chicken Pox. I remember most of those symptoms except the oozing. But then again, that was almost 30 years ago.

Let us know what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
These are the marks on the front of my neck. There is some sensitivity with the larger one, and it feels like there is an obstruction there or swelling that I can feel on my throat. It also looks worse than it did yesterday.

20240207_072931.jpg

Morgan

Established Member
Did you rule out Shingles? It targets one side of the body as mentioned, but not front or back, it's right or left and the lesions can occur inside too. Did you have the pox as a kid?

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Did you rule out Shingles? It targets one side of the body as mentioned, but not front or back, it's right or left and the lesions can occur inside too. Did you have the pox as a kid?

That's one I'm not sure about and could be a possibility. I'm pretty sure I had chicken pox but I'm not 100% sure. I really hope it's not that. It is odd that it's only the right side of my body but that could also be cause I was sleeping on my side I guess.

Morgan

Established Member
That's one I'm not sure about and could be a possibility. I'm pretty sure I had chicken pox but I'm not 100% sure. I really hope it's not that. It is odd that it's only the right side of my body but that could also be cause I was sleeping on my side I guess.

If it’s shingles, you want to be seen and prescribed/start the antivirals asap. Like, go now.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I say this with as much respect to you and everyone here as possible.

Go to the doctor today.
Either the ER or a clinic. You’re asking a bunch of hacks, me included, what’s wrong with you on a ford board.

It could be nothing, most likely scenario or it might be something that needs to be addressed.

Why wait?

MFE

Established Member
Hope you get well soon.

Another legit source for reference:

Back in 2018, a mid 20's gal I worked with had shingles. Sad it was painful. She was in/out of work for a couple months.

IDK, I got the vax back in 2019.
I got shingles in my lower back/abdomen in my early 20's and it wasn't terrible, but they caught it early and blasted me with Zovirax. My wife got it in her mid 50's in her face, and was ****ing miserable for weeks on end. Absolutely miserable.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
You know, some of your symptoms are identical to those I had when I contracted mononucleosis. The bump at the hairline(which is a swollen gland), throat pain, rash. Are you feeling fatigued?

View attachment 1827731

In all seriousness, did you mess around with someone like a stranger or can that be ruled out?

No, I haven't been with anyone since my ex.

Go to the doctor today.
Either the ER or a clinic. You’re asking a bunch of hacks, me included, what’s wrong with you on a ford board.

It could be nothing, most likely scenario or it might be something that needs to be addressed.

Why wait?

Yes, I know. I've been trying to get in with a VA primary care all morning but with little luck as I've been in the process of being assigned a new one. It's looking like I will need to go to the ER though. I just wanted to hear if anyone has had bites that caused similar pain and discomfort.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member

Go to the doctor today.

Why wait?
Even worse is going on webmd and self-diagnosing.

Drop a dime on the doctor. Speculating/Waiting is the worst part.

Fat Boss

Established Member
I got shingles in my lower back/abdomen in my early 20's and it wasn't terrible, but they caught it early and blasted me with Zovirax. My wife got it in her mid 50's in her face, and was ****ing miserable for weeks on end. Absolutely miserable.

My 87 year old dad has had shingles for 3 months or so now, on top of battling cancer for the 4th time. He's been pretty miserable and lost a lot of weight.

OP- looks like flea bites but symptoms are anything but them. Go to the ER, even if you hate hospitals.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve been bitten by a critter… still not sure what got me, but it caused what was to be cellulitis. I observed the redness catch hold and eventually cross over into what I considered treatment time… went to the urgent care and was given antibiotics.

Broseph, get your self to a doctor asap.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I get poison ivy usually once a year from doing yardwork around here that looks very similar to that pic. Poison ivy will also ooze watery shit like you mentioned. The soreness and knot on your neck could be a coincidence from sleeping wrong like you said, or something else altogether.

I'm not a "hurry, let's get to a doctor!" kind of person, so personally I would wait and see if things progress more. That's not a medical emergency imo. But I'm not a doctor either, and I don't know that there have been many of them on this board over the years. Whatever happens, I hope you're alright.

MG0h3

Established Member
When you say obstruction in your throat, do you mean like esophagus or trachea?

If so, I’d hustle to an ER.

Anything that affects airway is systemic.

That doesn’t look like hives from anaphylaxis that I’ve had or seen, but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread