I've got a bad feeling about this...

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
I've been waiting for a good time to test my home made hang glider. This is the perfect opportunity.

Or maybe I'll just ride this one out like I did with Andrews: I'll strap myself to the top of a flagpole and laugh in the face of danger!

GoatDaddy

Originally posted by bbp42d
were you there during andrew?:shrug:

no, I've actually never been through a hurricane, but I've seen pics and heard the horror stories, and my family was here for a few.

I know enough to be not looking forward to it.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by snail50
no, I've actually never been through a hurricane, but I've seen pics and heard the horror stories, and my family was here for a few.

I know enough to be not looking forward to it.
I think it is on the way:(

GoatDaddy

I've got some plywood in the garage. We just got our patio screened, so if a big blow comes, I'm sure I"ll have to have that redone, if there is a patio left.
I remember some of the pics I saw of boats up on land and houses reduced to matchsticks. Pretty scary. My house is fairly sturdy, built of CBS with a concrete slab under the second story, but that won't do much good if a window gets blown out or the roof is ripped off, I guess.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Rearpl8tsinsite
Big one Shmig one. That is what everybody says. They are nowhere near what people make them out to be. I have been in 1 6.2 in 30 years centered in Whittier. It was awesome. I couldn't believe some of the things I got to see. Pavement rolling like a wave in the ocean. Made me fall off my skateboard. Couple of water mains and windows broken. Nothing to bad though. Other than that you never really notice them. I can remember about 15 total in my life most were smaller ones.

Now the one in SF was pretty bad. That was their fault though. They give too much money to the homeless and illegals rather than reinforce the city and bridges.
No kidding. I've been through a couple 6.0+ quakes. I'd be willing to bet less people die in the quakes we get compared to the hurricanes the east coast gets. The smaller ones are kida cool actually.:) Big ones suck though.

They've been talking about the BIG ONE for years. Not sure why it'd be cool for Cali to fall off into the ocean, all the freaks here moved in from out of state. I say deport them back to the east coast.:)

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by MattNCSU
The new predicted path has is it slightly curving towards SC.
Damnit, I hate it when I'm right. :nonono:
post a new pic please!!!!!:eek:

GoatDaddy

Thanks for the updated pic. Those predictions are pretty useless I imagine, because they cover so much area and about anything could happen between then and now.

Matt: I live on a canal three houses from the intercoastal, on the mainland side.

GoatDaddy

yeah, greg, cruise on over. I have a rubber raft if the streets flood, but 185 Superf'incharged horsepower sounds like a lot more fun!!

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
Originally posted by snail50

Matt: I live on a canal three houses from the intercoastal, on the mainland side.
Ben, I wish you luck. I don't think I even have to tell you what might happen. :(

This storm has gotten out of control. 160mph...just insane
There has only been 3 other cat5 hurricanes that have ever made landfall in the US. Hopefully this one won't be the fourth.

GoatDaddy

damn, that thing is ugly.
Thanks for the good-luck wishes Matt, and back to you too, and to everyone else along the E coast.

Users who are viewing this thread