I've got a bad feeling about this...

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
The storm hasnt even hit yet and the insurance companies are allready talking about raising rates because of it.:mj: :fm:

GoatDaddy

gotta love the f'in insurance companies. it's almost impossible to get insurance down here, and it's expensive as hell.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by snail50
gotta love the f'in insurance companies. it's almost impossible to get insurance down here, and it's expensive as hell.
they love to put it to ya real hard, it does suck!!!!!!!!!:fm:

Blackgeetee

Established Member
105mph is an INCREDIBLY weaker storm compared to the cat 5 it once was. Taking it lightly is still a very bad idea. This storm has already generated tremendous waves which don't just go away when the storm weakens. Since the storm is getting near the warm gulf stream it it possible it may reintensify some, but probably not much. Most of the damage will be near the coast from the looks of things. If I lived withing 50 miles of the coast I would still probably board up my windows and move in the light things in my yard. Good luck to you guys on the coast, this hopefully won't be too bad, at least not as bad as it could have been. :beer:

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
Well, I think I'm going to be stuck here at school (Raleigh).

I really wish I could head home and make sure things come out alright, but it looks like school may operate normally tomorrow. Now I should just say f*ck it and head home, but I have a test tomorrow. So unless they make tomorrow optional, I'll be walking around campus with 50mph winds and flooding. :rollseyes:

I'll tell you one thing though. I am going to go ape shit if a limb or something falls on my car because I had to go to school.

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
yeah, school did get cancelled, which is a rarity at State.

So drove home like the idiot I am, went about 90 in a 70 and raced a guy with a 5series. Put bus lengths on him, but it was still fun. The interstate was quite empty surprisingly.

The plan for tomorrow is to try and get on Wrightsville and get some pics of the swells. They should be massive by morning.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
yeah swells should be reall nice, thinking of heading down to the beach myself to grab some pics
swells up here are supposed to be like 15 feet:eek: that is monsterous for up here

03DOHC

Established Member
If you get pics of the waves you have to post them. I bet they are nuts! When hurricane iwa hit Hawaii I saw some giant waves! We actually watched some mental case surfing them too!

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
Well, I came out just fine.
Damage was very minimal around town and I only saw 1 down tree. I plan on posting some pics I took at the beach yesterday sometime today or tomorrow.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
sorry about that dial up peeps
btw that is The Coast Guard House, a very fine resturant
the first floor gets toatled every hurricane that we get
as you can see it is very close to the water

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread