• Other

Votes: 24 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Amsoil in both cars. 10w-40 in the boss and 0w-30 in the GT. Only caviot is that i may have to provide the dealership with some oil for upcoming warranty work. Good news is i can give them the oil i desire. Bad news is it has to be 5w-50. So it will get a load of redline.

What's the problem with your engine?

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
If I cared anymore I might run amisol. But im just running full synth mobil 1

96 cobra

Established Member
8120031_sll_5079769_pri_larg.jpg

Rotella T6 (5w40).

xtremeskime21

Established Member
I change the oil in my toys once a year and I put on less than 500 miles. I use Mobil 1 5w-20.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
0081100101165_500X500.jpg

I really like this oil. It's too bad more people don't use it. My CTS-V seems to like it better than Pennzoil Ultra or Mobile 1 0W30 Syn. The car is way past break in. In 5,000 miles the Mobile 1 burned 3/4 quart, the Pennzoil burned 1/2, and the G-Oil burned 0. This has been experienced by others on the bobistheoilguy. I've seen some pretty solid UAO's from cars running G-Oil. I'm on my second fill so I will send a sample out to Blackstone next time around.

Last edited:

SVTDice

Established Member
0081100101165_500X500.jpg

I really like this oil. It's too bad more people don't use it. My CTS-V seems to like it better than Pennzoil Ultra or Mobile 1 0W30 Syn. The car is way past break in. In 5,000 miles the Mobile 1 burned 3/4 quart, the Pennzoil burned 1/2, and the G-Oil burned 0. This has been experienced by others on the bobistheoilguy. I've seen some pretty solid UAO's from cars running G-Oil. I'm on my second fill so I will send a sample out to Blackstone next time around.

Funny you should mention this. My 03 Element has been using oil with Pennzoil Ultra. Granted I went up to 10k on that OCI but I may give this a shot after I use up the Signature Series in it.

94cobra_red

Established Member
Are you using this is a collectors car, or something that sits in a garage all year? Perhaps a car that is rarely driven?

I was actually curious about switching. i currently use the signature series 10-30 from Amsoil but since I drive the car may be a dozen times a year now, i thought of trying the z-rod formula. any thoughts?

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Funny you should mention this. My 03 Element has been using oil with Pennzoil Ultra. Granted I went up to 10k on that OCI but I may give this a shot after I use up the Signature Series in it.

I just switched my mom's crv to it, 3000 so far and no oil is missing.

vroom

Established Member
mobil 1 here, but i would also use RP or amsoil. All 3 are good products.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

I wonder with the NOACK for Ultra is?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I wonder with the NOACK for Ultra is?

Now that's an excellent question. There is an API SN product data sheet on Pennzoil's website (that isn't linked from Ultra's page). It's hidden in another area of the website. The API SM data sheet that is linked claims NOACK is 11.2 to 12.6%.

The API SN data sheet claims 4.8 to 6.4%. Rumors are flying that it's a change to GTL (gas to liquid) technology which yields this amazing low NOACK. I've yet to see concrete third party testing for confirmation.

If it were true, Pennzoil would be bragging about it and the proper API SN data sheet would be listed from Ultra's main page.

API SM data

API SN data - This data sheet is buried off on another Shell website that isn't used for consumer relations.

Last edited:

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
I don't doubt Ultra's API SN claims anymore, they've updated the SN PDS a second time now and retained the same low NOACK numbers.

The Pennzoil website crew just apparently sucks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread