IT'S HERE: The All-New 2019 Mustang Shelby GT500

MOST POWERFUL STREET-LEGAL PRODUCTION FORD EVER: ALL-NEW MUSTANG SHELBY GT500 TO ATTACK TRACKS, DRAG STRIPS IN 2019

2019_GT500_PR_01.jpg

• Arriving in 2019, the all-new Mustang Shelby® GT500® will be the pinnacle of Mustang performance and highlights the innovation, ingenuity and passion of Ford Performance
  • With more than 700 horsepower projected, the all-new Shelby GT500 fast-back coupe will be twice as powerful as the original 1967 Mustang performance model

DETROIT, Jan. 15, 2018 – Loaded with the most venom ever, the all-new Mustang Shelby® GT500® with its 700-plus horsepower supercharged V8 will be the most powerful street-legal production Ford ever.

Embodying Ford Performance team’s motorsport expertise, this new Mustang is engineered to stand apart on roadways and race tracks, thanks to its new innovative track technologies, performance hardware, plus aggressive and functional track-tuned styling.

2019_GT500_PR_001.jpg
2019_GT500_PR_002.jpg
2019_GT500_PR_003.jpg
2019_GT500_PR_004.jpg
2019_GT500_PR_005.jpg
2019_GT500_PR_006.jpg
2019_GT500_PR_007.jpg
2019_GT500_PR_008.jpg
2019_GT500_PR_009.jpg

Last edited:
Guess we're looking at a summer '19 release.

Wonder how long the ADMs will be around. Market seems super saturated with the ZR1/ZL1/Demon/Hellcat/GT500...

I'm thinking 65-75k for the GT500/R, about 10k over what the GT350/R are going for. Chevy seems to price their track/SC models similar. Also with the Hellcat being a target mid 70s can't be too far off. Guess they could do 75-85k and go after the Hellcat/Demon pricing.

Guess I'll be trading in the 350 lol

Well, my guess is that the horsepower won't be too much over the 700 mark. I'm saying that it'll be right around 730. I can't wait to find out, though.

You're kidding, right? The Hellcat with the manual was a driver's race for the previous gen GT500.[/QUOTE]

Kidding about what? The fact that I will be disappointed if the horsepower number doesn't start with an 8? No I'm not kidding about that at all. No one ever said anything about a previous gen GT500 racing a Hellcat. Re read my post. Simply stating that 707 has already been done. Don't care that its a driver's race between the two. Ford need to step it up and pull out all the stops with this car. They had way more than enough time to see what everyone else has and is coming out with. The new GT500 needs to be better than all the rest. Period!

You're kidding, right? The Hellcat with the manual was a driver's race for the previous gen GT500.

Kidding about what? The fact that I will be disappointed if the horsepower number doesn't start with an 8? No I'm not kidding about that at all. No one ever said anything about a previous gen GT500 racing a Hellcat. Re read my post. Simply stating that 707 has already been done. Don't care that its a driver's race between the two. Ford need to step it up and pull out all the stops with this car. They had way more than enough time to see what everyone else has and is coming out with. The new GT500 needs to be better than all the rest. Period![/QUOTE]

So better only means 93 more horsepower, regardless of what's actually faster? Well here before too long we're all going to be disappointed when cars don't have 2000 hp with a factory warranty ... "Better" is a very subjective term, because my wife's 3.7 V6 probably gets around a corner "better" than a hellcat.

I doubt it’s feasible to reach 800 with a production motor without drastic redesign. Ford has a winner enhancing performance either loosely or mostly based on the gt350 platform.

And THAT is why I'm saying this is going to be a roadcourse car more than a drag car.
Could be completely wrong. Guess we'll find out.
I'm guessing you are probably right Marc. Look at that rear wing. Seems more of a roadcourse/track car than a drag car. (Which kinda sucks because we already had the GT350/GT350R cars. Maybe this one will be the best of both worlds?)
But, I'm guessing here as well.

Kidding about what? The fact that I will be disappointed if the horsepower number doesn't start with an 8? No I'm not kidding about that at all. No one ever said anything about a previous gen GT500 racing a Hellcat. Re read my post. Simply stating that 707 has already been done. Don't care that its a driver's race between the two. Ford need to step it up and pull out all the stops with this car. They had way more than enough time to see what everyone else has and is coming out with. The new GT500 needs to be better than all the rest. Period!

Oh brother. Ok.

I'm guessing you are probably right Marc. Look at that rear wing. Seems more of a roadcourse/track car than a drag car. (Which kinda sucks because we already had the GT350/GT350R cars. Maybe this one will be the best of both worlds?)
But, I'm guessing here as well.

Two variants. I just posted it in the other thread.

upload_2018-1-16_17-10-48.png

Last edited:
Yea... that's pretty exciting news. There is no such thing as a "universal race car." Having variants and/or options to go either way is awesome.

Just having things properly ducted through the grille inlet and hood is typically good for like a 30% increase in cooling efficiency.

So better only means 93 more horsepower, regardless of what's actually faster? Well here before too long we're all going to be disappointed when cars don't have 2000 hp with a factory warranty ... "Better" is a very subjective term, because my wife's 3.7 V6 probably gets around a corner "better" than a hellcat.[/QUOTE]
Just stating what I myself will be disappointed in. First off, I expected the horsepower number to start with an 8. Second, I’m a little dissapointed in the reveal and third, this car has to be an all around better car than the competition, which is pretty stellar. I’m sure there are plenty of details that we will be clued into in the coming months. I just hope the wait was worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread