It’s Xmas time. Lets see those Xmas trees, home decorations....Any Griswolds?

Ohio Snake

Established Member
7035a0f076d3dd540e1e051472513a07.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I'll get pics of outside later, maybe. The tree will have to do for meow

Neighbor down the canal has their sailboat lit up. There's a number of boats in the hood all decked out, I think they actually do a boat parade (this is my first Christmas here)
20201209_200718.jpeg
20201209_201122.jpeg

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Here is the front of the house. Everything with three colors is actually strung/wrapped with those colors. Songs are input into software and I sequence 64 channels/elements to do whatever commanded throughout the song. Sound is broadcasted into the street via an outdoor speaker as well as onto a dead FM station in the event you want to listen from within your car.

Here is a short clip of Sleigh Ride by Pentatonix before a neighbor showed up while filming.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, Justin, those synchronized lights/sound files. Very impressive. I'm sure you get a fair amount of passers-by just to experience the Christmas show.

Everyone else's decorations are great, too. I like @einehund's display that includes Santa's gift sack, and the Merry Christmas light display. Cool!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Wow, Justin, those synchronized lights/sound files. Very impressive. I'm sure you get a fair amount of passers-by just to experience the Christmas show.

Everyone else's decorations are great, too. I like @einehund's display that includes Santa's gift sack, and the Merry Christmas light display. Cool!

Hey Bob,

Yes, it is our fifth season with a synchronized show to 14 songs. The neighborhood loves it and each night as we get closer to Christmas more people show up. Nothing makes me smile more than watching kiddo's (and parents) dancing in the street. Lot of work for sure with about 3 full days of putting everything up and about a half day running all the wiring of which there is roughly 1200+ feet of cords.

Here is a snapshot of the software program and this is less than a minute of just one song and not inclusive of all elements in the show. Some have asked if this is Mr. Christmas or something that is purchased of which I just smile and say "I wish".

50702075813_e769bed57b_h.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Wow, some of you guys go all out and have some really nice stuff.

I'm not a fan of Christmas time. I just see it as work to put everything up, spend money and then take everything down for a minimal time of enjoyment LOL....

And YES, I'm known as the Grinch in my house/family LMAO!!!!

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'm not a fan of Christmas time. I just see it as work to put everything up, spend money and then take everything down for a minimal time of enjoyment LOL....

Right there with ya, brother! I used to be able to hide behind the excuse that my job made me dislike Christmas. But since I left UPS in the dust, I'm now naked yet still not a fan. ha Why can't we just exchange warm handshakes and call it square? Save ourselves the stress of figuring out gifts. My woman loves Christmas. Thusly, the inside of my house is currently ruined and the utility bill will be sky high. She even wandered into my man cave with friggin' garland crap! It's a travesty. If I find one piece of decor in the garage (my last refuge), she and I will be on thin ice. lol Maybe I'll get pics when I get home. She also put up two trees. It's just the two of us, but we needed two trees apparently. Ay yi yi...

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Hey Bob,

Yes, it is our fifth season with a synchronized show to 14 songs. The neighborhood loves it and each night as we get closer to Christmas more people show up. Nothing makes me smile more than watching kiddo's (and parents) dancing in the street. Lot of work for sure with about 3 full days of putting everything up and about a half day running all the wiring of which there is roughly 1200+ feet of cords.

Here is a snapshot of the software program and this is less than a minute of just one song and not inclusive of all elements in the show. Some have asked if this is Mr. Christmas or something that is purchased of which I just smile and say "I wish".

View attachment 1676983

Holy shit.

That's dedication.

I bitched for 3 days prior to us putting up the tree because I hate doing it.

FWIW, you win.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Wow, some of you guys go all out and have some really nice stuff.

It is a hobby and something that I have always enjoyed doing. Because of that, I don't mind the work.

Holy shit.

That's dedication.

FWIW, you win.

Thanks man, and this is only the front. :) My wife goes crazy on the inside but is an interior designer so very well put together.

Our girls are 16 and 19 with both being huge fans as well. They help with the outdoor display and cherish the season itself. After this f'kd up year, we all were seriously looking forward to getting the show up and running.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Holy shit.

That's dedication.

FWIW, you win.

The outside is nothing compared to the programming. While i don't add new songs each year, one 4min song can take me 8-12hrs of programming ( I now have 64 elements/channels) depending on the difficulty of the song or what I want to do with the display. LOL, that little ND Intro took me over 4hrs to do until I was happy with it.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Hey Bob,

View attachment 1676983

img_0187.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread