Issues with PPRV delete, need some pics of your setup

halflife

Established Member
My car died a few days after i did the pprv delete, no fuel was getting to the rails so i dropped the tank again. the hose from the Y fitting to the fuel hat popped off. The clamp seems to be stripped. But also I have this issue with the hose collapse. It is so tight I am looking for pics to see how you routed the hoses so I can redo this and not worry about the hose collapse again.
Thanks
P8050050.jpg

P8050051.jpg

P8050052.jpg

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
that bent hose section is too short probably but you can try to put another hose clamp on the hose in the middle of the bend not tightend much (just enough) to keep it from crimping like that.

TRBO VNM

I use the same clamps and I put lock tite on them. haven't had an issue.

you need some extra clamps as well though. you can't have that kink in the line. you can use the clamps and lightly tighten then to make that kink round so flow is not restricted. other than that, you have it like most of the others. some have found metal line to put in the place of the bends. but that is really the only difference others have done.

trmin8ter03

Established Member
That is a very bad kink. There really isnt another way to route the hoses that I could think of when I did mine. I pretty much did what you did and havent had any problems so far. The best thing to do is get a fore hat from lethal. I wouldnt put it back with a hose kinked that bad. Theres the chance of starving the fuel system and going lean which can blow your motor. Just spend the $400 and fix the problem for good.

trmin8ter03

Established Member
Dont know for sure but the pumps are the same size I would think they would fit. Call lethal and ask them, they may be able to help if not just go all out and upgrade to the ford gt pumps.

xenodragon

Established Member
Does a complete fuel upgrade (twin gt's, forehat, and whatever else) eliminate the PPRV? I dont know much about fuel delivery

Black306

Established Member
This was my PPRV delete v1.0.

pprv_delete_hardline.jpg

Rather than using typical 3/8" hose, I used 5/16" hose. Main reasons, that's the size of the nipple on the top of the hat and the nipples found on each fuel pump. I did not stick with this design because I didn't like having 5/16" hose over the stock 3/8" 'Y' fitting. So....

PPRV delete v2.0.

hat_1.jpg

I bought a stainless steel 5/16" 'Y' fitting from McMaster Carr. Expensive bugger (~$35 +shipping). Only reason I dumped this setup was because my fuel pump duty cycle was not where I wanted it. I then went from a stock pumps/PPRV delete/BAP combo to a Fore hat/dual FPDM/no BAP combo. That helped drop my duty cycle by about 8%.

Last edited:

halflife

Established Member
thanks i had a local auto parts store bend a fuel line for me and i spliced it into the line where the kink was. good idea!

MalcolmV8

Established Member
To the OP I feel your pain. I went through this not to long ago. I struggled trying to get the kinks out and many people replied back showing pics and comments of their struggles and how many times they'd dropped their tank or been stranded somewhere.

In my opinion the PPRV delete kit is such a "rig". Although with enough time and money I'm sure you can make it work. I decided not to risk going lean and blowing my motor a second time or getting stranded or dealing with all the other problems people have reported and just got the fore hat and GT pumps.

Here's the thread I had not to long ago

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-talk-229/614431-help-pprv-delete-hoses-kinking.html

trmin8ter03

Established Member
I just ordered a fore hat from lethal. Last night on the freeway i had a 300c on my ass i droped it to third and tryed a wot run. At 5k rpm the car just took a nose dive. Droped the fuel tank earlier to check for kinks in the hoses. Turns out one of the hose ripped along the edge of one of the clamps atatched to the fuel pump. This is the last time im droping the fuel tank and dealling with that bs. Lethal is having a discount this weekend. I picked up everything shipped for $500, including the gasket and adapter for the stock fuel line.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I just ordered a fore hat from lethal. Last night on the freeway i had a 300c on my ass i droped it to third and tryed a wot run. At 5k rpm the car just took a nose dive. Droped the fuel tank earlier to check for kinks in the hoses. Turns out one of the hose ripped along the edge of one of the clamps atatched to the fuel pump. This is the last time im droping the fuel tank and dealling with that bs. Lethal is having a discount this weekend. I picked up everything shipped for $500, including the gasket and adapter for the stock fuel line.
Smart choice! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread