Issue with Rick @ Amazon Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Like I said before. Send the marauder top back and I'll send you the cobra upper. It's been setting here on the table waiting. Then you can sell it.

Rick

Shady, for all the reasons posted above..

Way to take advantage of someone who thought you were a friend... :nonono:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
At least Rick is saying that he will resolve the issue by sending the OP the Cobra intake now.

This should be done today though. There's no need to question the trust of the OP when he was the one that was taken advantage of.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
+infinity

Also to add, pay when paid is a shitty way to do business.

I have added another SVTP Vendor to the list of people I will never do business with.

+1.... I guess we all could buy some parts from Amazon and see what they say when it takes us a year to pay for them...

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
PM sent to chuck for his addy. It will go out in the morning. Then I would expect to see the other back to me next week.

Rick

Jack Burton

Established Member
Definitely doesn't sit right with me. Did you and the OP agree to the terms that you would pay him whenever it was the customer paid you? If not, that is wrong. Without that specific agreement, it's not a correct business practice. When you order parts from a vendor with a term of 30 days, do you pay them months later when the customer pays you? Probably doubtful, as you wouldn't have many vendors that would support that. Kinda like if I bought a part from you...would you be pleased if I paid you once my customer paid me for my work? Sounds like a double standard.

I'm not sure what it is with vendors lately (the above statement is directed towards Amazon, this statement here is directed towards all vendors in general). They all seem to have all sorts of small problems, and just try to sweep it under the carpet. We are a tight knit community. We share a love of a VERY specific set of cars. These cars require VERY specific vendors to perform the work...whether it's tuning, porting, etc... If anything goes wrong, we WILL hear about it. Any bad press is going to be bad regardless.

When I first got into cobra's, I thought Amazon was going to be the place to go. But, I've heard some bad feedback on them (and other vendors) from reputable members. That is enough to sway me to not go there. So, if you lost one dyno tuning session (greater than $400) then it's already getting bad. In my opinion, you are only hurting yourselves.

Not bashing, just giving an opinion. I just don't feel you can pick and choose who you pay and when you pay them...not if you want strong business ties.

chikenkiwi2

Established Member
HAHA. You're dumb as a box of rocks, pal. You just basically buried your business and whatever reputation you have left, over $400.00. What a load. :kaboom:

Last edited:

KC/COBRA

Fear The Cornholio
Established Member
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 39 (29 members and 10 guests)
EVILLsnake*, 2000BlackGT, 92z28, BDF8, BigWhitey, brucesvt, capnkirk52, CEV, chikenkiwi2, dane213, FSSNK, Guy Fawkes, JYOO, KC/COBRA, Longhornd00d, mantis118, mdemers883, P49Y-CY, RydeOn, scooterposse, Serpent, slocum1946, Svt4ever22, svtstang34, venmos1, XtraTQ

There has been a lot more than that in and out of here. Reputation is getting lower and lower by the minute.

2000BlackGT

Established Member
At least Rick is saying that he will resolve the issue by sending the OP the Cobra intake now.

That is correct. Just got a PM from Linn asking for my home address to ship it to. I work from home so that's a plus as it won't get swooped off the doorstep. I will open the package right away and take pictures. After it's back and in good condition I'll ship Rick the Marauder Intake. Can't believe it came down to this. But thanks to the SVTPerformance community it looks like my issue may be resolved in the near future! I'll keep everyone updated.

svtstang34

Established Member
^^^^
:nonono:

Is this is a legit business or Pookie from New Jack City..."Yo ill pay you as soon as I get some money from some crack heads"

Awww, Why did you have to bring pookie in to this??
Pookie would have manup and paid the man!! LOL!!

JYOO

Established Member
Svtp cuts the grasses and finds one of their own.....a snake....damn.

Jack Burton

Established Member
Sounds like they need to beef up their internal controls and A/P department. From what I've read here, it sounds like if they ordered parts from a vendor they would not inspect the packing slip and match it up with the goods received and they would not pay the vendor until they got paid from a customer.

As I said, just opinion. It may not matter to a lot of members here, and that's just fine. But, as an individual member, I can say that it has changed my thoughts towards Amazon's reputation and I would not do business with them. In their defense, it's not just Amazon at all. I've seen this type of stuff from a lot of vendors on here that I will no longer consider giving my business to.

Seems like these businesses that cater to a niche market need to think about how fast word of mouth spreads (good AND bad) and take a look at the big picture.

/end soapbox.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Thanks OP. I can add yet another shop to my blacklist. I dont care if it does get finally resolved, the time it took and the methods it took outweigh any final resolution. I also dont care if it was through deciet or laziness, but Amazon's business practicies are not something I wish to encouter.

Jack Burton

Established Member
Thanks OP. I can add yet another shop to my blacklist. I dont care if it does get finally resolved, the time it took and the methods it took outweigh any final resolution. I also dont care if it was through deciet or laziness, but Amazon's business practicies are not something I wish to encouter.

I think your post reinforces what I said. We are a tight knit community and we take this stuff into consideration. Just look what happened with Canton and LFP. Lessons to be learned. Lethal is a prime example of how to run a business. This whole forum LOVES those guys. They take care of us up and beyond of what is expected, and they get a lot of business because of it. I'd really like to see more vendors step up to that level of service. Not only will it benefit us as consumers, it will benefit them as vendors. We'll have loaded rides and they'll have loaded pockets. In the end, both parties will be happy and have a continuing business relationship.

KC/COBRA

Fear The Cornholio
Established Member
That is correct. Just got a PM from Linn asking for my home address to ship it to. I work from home so that's a plus as it won't get swooped off the doorstep. I will open the package right away and take pictures. After it's back and in good condition I'll ship Rick the Marauder Intake. Can't believe it came down to this. But thanks to the SVTPerformance community it looks like my issue may be resolved in the near future! I'll keep everyone updated.

That is great to hear. Please keep us posted and then we can put this to bed.

I hope the OP and Amazon learned some business lessons because of this and the rest of the SVTP community for that matter.

I have been on this site since 2005 and I don't post a lot, just mainly check out different forums and I have learned so much from so many smart and experienced people on here.
And I have got a lot of laughs along the way(NSFW thread etc). But I had to jump in on this one and try to help one of my SVTP brothers.
I'm not saying that Rick and Linn are going to screw everybody over or something, I'm sure a lot of people on here have had nothing but great experiences with them.
It is just that I won't be one of them.
There is several little things that bothered me a lot and that is enough for me to keep me from doing business with them.
I appreciate that SID let us hash this out here in the open instead of sweeping it under the rug, that says a lot to me about him.
So I want to become a premium member on here so I can help this wonderful site to keep on going strong for a long time to come.

I know I know I will wipe that poop of my nose. lol:beer:

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
This thread is a Prime example why SVTP is the best automotive/performance, forum/community on the interwebz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread