Issue with Rick @ Amazon Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000BlackGT

Established Member
My name is Chuck and I work at a shop that Rick used to come do dyno days in San Jose, CA. We became friends, I'd pick him up from the hotel, go out to dinner etc. While he was here in August of '08 he saw some parts I had in the shop. He was interested in an 03 Mach 1 intake I had for $400 and a 99 cobra intake I had for $350. I bought the cobra intake off SVTPerformance and the Mach 1 intake from my friend off his Mach 1. He was doing an Eaton Conversion. Rick said he would take both and send a UPS call tag. He had a few customer that were doing turbos and needed the intakes.

On 9/2/08 I sent Rick an email requesting a call tag and money order for $750. He kept saying Linn was setting up the shipping. I called back and forth numerous times trying to get shipping set up. Finally on 12/19/08 a UPS call tag was given, 295C61B6IM5. One box was clearly marked 99-01 Cobra Intake, the other marked as Mach 1 Intake. Rick got them approximately a week later.

Rick told me he'd pay me soon, as he was waiting on getting money from his customers. I'd call, check in, said he was still waiting for money. On 4/27/09 I sent a PM to Lightning Larry asking for help with Rick. Rick called me immediately after Larry talked to him, he sent a check for $350 for the cobra intake and then told me that the Mach 1 Intake I sent him was a Marauder intake. I told him this wasn't possible as I saw it come off the Mach 1 and to send me pictures. A few weeks later a Marauder intake shows up at my door. No pictures were sent. I called Rick and said this definitely wasn't the intake I sent him and he agreed that there could have been a mix up at his shop. He told me he'd find me either a cobra or mach 1 upper so I could sell this intake.

I've been calling about once every two weeks checking in with Rick. Last time I talked to him he said that he had a cobra intake that he gave to Linn to ship to me. This was about a month ago. I called on Monday, 1/4/10 and Linn said she'd have Rick call me. No return call.

I PMed SID297 and see if he could help me out. He said that he talked to Rick and Rick said that he doesn't owe me anything as he sent me an intake back and paid for the Cobra One. To me this is very shady business, he sent me a totally different intake. I gave Rick the benefit of the doubt the whole time. After a year and a half it's just gotten ridiculous. Well, that's my story.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
This thread won't last long.

Anyways, hopefully Rick will respond.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Rick and Lynn are both stand up people. Im sure whatever the issue is there is a good reason for it and Im sure they will take care of it.

2000BlackGT

Established Member
Rick and Lynn are both stand up people. Im sure whatever the issue is there is a good reason for it and Im sure they will take care of it.
Trust me, I know that. I really like Rick too. That's why I hadn't posted anything. It wasn't until he told Travis that he didn't owe me anything that I decided to post.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
So we have yet another Vendor that would rather have their reputation get hurt than make things right.

All over $400.

:nonono:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Why do you think this??? If it is alltrue the only thing we should see is our brother getting his correct intake back or his money.

Just remembering what happend last time a member had a thread about a vendor. it got rather heated and entertaining.

Hope it all works out for our friend

2000BlackGT

Established Member
Just remembering what happend last time a member had a thread about a vendor. it got rather heated and entertaining.

Hope it all works out for our friend

Hope so too. I, like everyone else have bills to pay. I'm not a bank, I don't give out free loans. I sent the intakes to Rick in good faith that he was sending the check for both of them soon after he got back. Well, after a year and a half and a $3800 vet bill I have to pay for next week for my girlfriends yellow lab, enough is enough.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Hope so too. I, like everyone else have bills to pay. I'm not a bank, I don't give out free loans. I sent the intakes to Rick in good faith that he was sending the check for both of them soon after he got back. Well, after a year and a half and a $3800 vet bill I have to pay for next week for my girlfriends yellow lab, enough is enough.

3800 dollar vet bill? damn did u get it a boob job?

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member

A good reason>??? That was a joke>??? Right>???

There is NO reason that can make up for screwing someone for a year and half and giving them the run-around. Rick and Lynn should be ashamed of themselves.
It really makes me irate that someone could think there is a logical explanation. That possibility went out the window a LONG time ago.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
3800 dollar vet bill? damn did u get it a boob job?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

To the OP. Seems like you went the right way of posting a thread like this on the site:beer: I hope it is resolved 1 1/2 years is ridiculous. You said he was a friend and getting screwed by a friend is always the worst:mj:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
a similar situation happened to me with another vendor on this forum. although i requested assistance and was told that mods couldnt intervene between vendors :rollseyes

at least they helped you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread