Issue with Rick @ Amazon Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000BlackGT

Established Member
Well, there is the guy with the Mach1 that the OP claims to have gotten the intake from...:pop:

and rick saw it with his own eyes! Our shop is just a "play shop". Our real business is selling computer memory. We have a dyno and two lifts just because we have the extra space. We don't have tons of car parts lying around from various project cars or customer cars.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Most people can finance anything. If I had a loan on a Z06 right now would that make me rich? No. Not saying anything bad about Rick, Linn or their financial decisions with material things, just stating don't be fooled by people with "nice things".

You can only finance to a point. When you own several modded vehicles in a very short time period that takes some cash flow. A regular person wouldn't be able to do this because they would lose so much after selling the first modded vehicle that they would not be able to purchase a 2nd one. Trust me, 400 bucks is not going to break Amazon. :bored:

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
You can only finance to a point. When you own several modded vehicles in a very short time period that takes some cash flow. A regular person wouldn't be able to do this because they would lose so much after selling the first modded vehicle that they would not be able to purchase a 2nd one. Trust me, 400 bucks is not going to break Amazon. :bored:

$400 isn't going to make or break anyone. At least I hope not. Dollar amounts no matter how big or small have never stopped people before. It would be very stupid to tarnish a good name over such a small amount though.

DTSVT03

Why try?
Established Member
Well we saw the 3 sides of the story. Everyone says they didn't switch anything, yet the results don't add up as a Mach intake was sent and a Marauder intake was received.

One of you 3 is lying, that's pretty much it. An intake does not just dissapear or magically switch the side the TB mouth is on. So either the OP did not send a Mach intake, or Rick sent back a Marauder intake, or Rick's customer kept the Mach intake and showed Rick a Marauder intake. One of those 3 is true...now which one it is I can't or won't say...but like I said before an intake does not just dissapear and reappear as another...someone is not telling the truth.

I'm niether a thief or liar

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
Every time I see one of these threads about some "popular" mustang shop the owner comes in pretending like everyone else has screwed up, but not possibly him. Just let it go and give the guy his money back. This is why I cant stand the small mom and pop type organizations, building cars with used left over parts.

chrisheltra

Established Member
I have seen a few negative threads about ATS and I have never seen them admit fault and/or rectified the situation regardless of fault.

Hope this gets resolved for both sides.

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
1. No one goes through this much trouble if they were at fault so I believe the OP.

2. I also know Rick and Lynn and trust them 100%.

3. I have no idea who the 3rd guys is...and telling us you dont lie is pointless. Most liars dont admit to being liars..they lie about it:dw:

Got a feeling this is a deadlock and wont be resolved but someone is most def a liar here. I cant fathom another scenerio.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
1. No one goes through this much trouble if they were at fault so I believe the OP.

2. I also know Rick and Lynn and trust them 100%.

3. I have no idea who the 3rd guys is...and telling us you dont lie is pointless. Most liars dont admit to being liars..they lie about it:dw:

Got a feeling this is a deadlock and wont be resolved but someone is most def a liar here. I cant fathom another scenerio.

I am a god damn hypocrite and a liar to boot!!!! :rolling:

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
Botton line is nobody is going to pay for something they didn't get. It wasn't right so I sent it back. I have only one marauder intake and that is fully ported setting in my showcase. I've had that intake for 5 years now off my buddy charlie's marauder. I don't have marauder intakes laying around. It's the only one I ever had. The intake was wrong and I sent it back. The one I kept I paid for. Danny cut the box open. Danny has to be the most honest good hearted person I've met in many years. Anybody that knows him will tell you the same. Chuck has the intake back. I'm not paying for something I don't have. I saw a mach1 and a cobra intake in Ca. That's not what I got. Period.

Rick

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
I dont think somebody is necessarily lying, but they could be. It could be an honest mistake. Somebody at the shop could have stolen the intake and swapped it out, who knows. Either way I see it as "Ricks" (I dont know the guy) fault for coordinating this mess, buying/selling used parts, not stocking what he sells, dragging it out over 1.5 year period etc. So rick, its normal to let a problem go unresolved this long? I cant stand halfass "businesses" such as this.

LS2GTO

Established Member
1) Why would the OP try to rip off a friend, as he called Rick, by lieing about the intake that he sent?

2) Why would Rick, as a friend of the OP and a trusted vendor in the mustang community, lie about the intake and screw his friend and reputation over a measily $400?

As little as I know about this situation, those 2 just don't make sense to me, to screw over a friend or to taint your reputation over $400. Given that the 3rd party customer received and opened the box himself, the only conclusion is that that's where the mixup occured and Rick seeing the Marauder intake on the customer's car he had to take his word for it.

Don't want to blame it on this guy, but the first 2 just don't make sense...and the last one does. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Amazon is a pretty well known around the country and they've been featured in several magazines over the years. They are far from being your average shop. I used to live in anderson, SC right down the road from their shop and I've met Rick and Lynn in person on several occasions. They seem like good folks to me but who knows. :shrug:

One thing for sure is 400 bucks isn't going to break them and from what I saw they are pretty well off. Rick has an f-350 and Lynn has had a few lightnings, cobras and a 100th anniversary harley f-150 in a very short time span. And the lightning and harley had $1000s in mods on them.

Interested to see how this plays out, until then......... IBTL!!!

:pop:

well known means nothing. They are an average shop, they are floating on a sea of credit, but very little liquidity.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
1) Why would the OP try to rip off a friend, as he called Rick, by lieing about the intake that he sent?

2) Why would Rick, as a friend of the OP and a trusted vendor in the mustang community, lie about the intake and screw his friend and reputation over a measily $400?

As little as I know about this situation, those 2 just don't make sense to me, to screw over a friend or to taint your reputation over $400. Given that the 3rd party customer received and opened the box himself, the only conclusion is that that's where the mixup occured and Rick seeing the Marauder intake on the customer's car he had to take his word for it.
Don't want to blame it on this guy, but the first 2 just don't make sense...and the last one does. That's all I have to say on the matter.

the box was opened at our shop.. it never left the shop and was only set on the motor that was on an engine stand at our shop.. all this happened within a few feet of Rick who was working on another car at the time..and was called over when it didnt look like it should have

2000BlackGT

Established Member
It's not even a deal about $400. I have a lower intake that is good and usable. A cobra or Mach 1 upper intake is all I need so that I can sell this and move on. The options were take this marauder intake back and pay $400, or come up with an upper intake so I can sell this to someone else.

How would it make sense that I would lie about this?

1. Why would I send an intake I know not to be true to Rick, an "expert" in the mustang field. Wouldn't you think he'd notice right away.
2. Why would I risk my reputation, 100% on every mustang site I'm on (12 trader feedback on here) to bring it out to the public? I tried every other humane way possible. I emailed, PMed and called Rick tons of times. I contacted LL and SID297 for assistance. This was one of my last resorts.
3. If it was so cut and dry why has it taken a year and a half to figure out. Why for the last 6 months have you been "looking for another upper" if it was so my fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread