Is this photoshopped?

Zemedici

Established Member
Makes horrible sense to me, but what do I know.

Not counting what I paid for my puppy, I've easily spent a grand on everything else she needs, like bed, toys, vet, shots, collars (on #3) and whatever else I'm forgetting. Granted my cost are a little more, at 5 months her shits are the size of that yorkie, lol.

shots are the most expensive part...seems like every time Tanya's dogs go to the vet its easily $300...

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Not to be a downer, but if you're not working, blowing money on an animal as a gift that will require more money (vets, food, toys, etc) isn't wise.

i think most of us are thinking it but dont want to say it lol.

like i said before, good time to explain to your daughter about wants/needs/$. especially since she'll be an adult soon. also you explain to her that you can go save a dogs life for about $50 and have just as much joy with it. then maybe get the yorkie when $ is better.

*nothing even close to you at all OP but this reminds me of a story i heard recently. a guy i do business with. his daughter and her husband are real winners. he's a low paid machinist. she does nothing. they have three kids. they live in a TRAILER behind his work. they bought a bulldog puppy for like $3k that lives in the damn trailer with them. talk about smh lol

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member

like i said before, good time to explain to your daughter about wants/needs/$. especially since she'll be an adult soon. also you explain to her that you can go save a dogs life for about $50 and have just as much joy with it. then maybe get the yorkie when $ is better.

Not pointing out the glaring obvious is why people will continue to make terrible decisions. Not a direct slam at OP, rather it's a trend I see a lot of people follow. Somehow scrape up money for something extravagant (fancy puppy, wheels, etc) then stress over bills.

A few times as a kid, our Christmas gift was a roof and the electric paid.

A lot of people in the country should watch this show. It's impressive how people live.
http://www.spike.com/shows/life-or-debt

wvmystichrome

Established Member
http://www.pikecountyanimalshelter.org

Looks pretty close to me, as it's the same town you were talking about.

I debated on being "that guy" but I'm gonna go for it....you have no job and don't want to spend all that much money but are thinking of spending 1300 dollars on a purebred dog?
My parents were bringing in 200-250k a year the entire time i was in jr high/highschool and they never spent over 150 bucks each on the kids at Christmas. Granted that was 1995-1999 but still...jeez.

I am not spending that kind of money. What you said about spending very little is right. I have taught my daughter how to look for a bargain. She got online and ordered her 3 new pairs of boots for school this winter for $60.00. Regular price was almost $300.00. Pikeville is close and we have to go over there tomorrow for a basketball tournament game. So we will check it out. Believe me I am very tight with my money.

Not to be a downer, but if you're not working, blowing money on an animal as a gift that will require more money (vets, food, toys, etc) isn't wise.

I could not agree more. I was really thinking I would be able to find something for $300.00 or so. My daughter has saved up over $200.00 of her own money from Birthday's and Christmas gifts and we were going to use that, along with her piggy bank she has been saving change in for a few years. So basically it was her money we were spending. It's just that I had not realized that the price of pups had gone through the roof. Just saw a local man who sells dogs was selling Dalmation pups and English Bulldog pups for $2,500.00 each and they sold. He had 3 T-cup Yorkies for over $1,400.00 a piece and sold all three in less than 2 hours. Most of the dogs I have had were free to a good home or very cheap like $50.00. I just had not priced dogs in a long time. Another ad that popped up tonight on a local for sale group had English Bulldogs for $1,800.00 a piece. Just cannot understand how animals are fetching that kind of pricing.

wvmystichrome

Established Member

*nothing even close to you at all OP but this reminds me of a story i heard recently. a guy i do business with. his daughter and her husband are real winners. he's a low paid machinist. she does nothing. they have three kids. they live in a TRAILER behind his work. they bought a bulldog puppy for like $3k that lives in the damn trailer with them. talk about smh lol

Oh I understand completely. Honesty is the best policy. I also agree about not having a job and training my daughter the right way to plan.

A Yorkie is completely out of the question. I could not afford it now and if my new job comes through in the next 2 - 3 weeks I still won't be able to afford one. As I said in my previous post I am just amazed at the dog prices. I had to go to Huntington today and stopped by the local Petland just to see what they had. I was not buying just looking. Well they had a small Maltese and a Yorkie. My wife says just for the fun of it ask them how much. I did. Woman went into the back with the two other ladies working the store behind the puppies wall. She came back out all sophisticated with a note pad in her hand and said, Either one you want is $2,000.00 each plus a re-homing fee of $150.00. I told her no way. She said yes. When she said that I almost cussed. Either dog was small enough to put up my sleeve and walk out the door with and they wanted 2 grand. Someone bumped their head really hard. I told my wife I almost looked at the girl and asked her if she was shitting me about the price. My wife said, I knew you wanted to say something and tell her off. But I kept my cool and walked off. But rest assured I am not spending that kind of money on a dog. We have a ferret and he is good enough for me. He eats about $9.00 worth of food every 6 weeks or so and he is a lot of fun. Plus I got him litter box trained fairly easy and he stays in my den with me while I work on stuff. No trouble at all.

Zemedici

Established Member
Confused -

You go into a place, not knowing the market prices, and then feel 'you did them a favors' by not bitching about the prices? You KNOW what they cost, and still feel insulted? Come on bro. That's lame as shit.

Zemedici

Established Member
Not to mention petland is one of the most expensive places to purchase a puppy. You guys do some damn research smh.

joshcarp81

Established Member
so you were looking for a dog for 300? and you were expecting to be able to buy a papered dog for that much? Wow, I lived in Germany for five years as a youngster, we had a german wirehaired pointer while we lived there. ive always wanted another. long story short. we

stupid ass forum just deleted a bunch of what i said.......grrrrrrrr

even shorter story got lucky, found one at local shelter. still cost us 300.00. shes great and we saved a dog granted she would have been an easy adoptee. she was surrendered by a family that didnt know they required so much work.
ohh well.
good luck in your search.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
we had a lil guy named Jack, awesome dogs. make sure you get some nutri-cal for his/her sugar levels.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
You need to do one of two options and I would strongly urge option #1.

1- Stop looking for an added long term expense until your finances are in order.

2- Stop looking for a designer dog that's way out of your budget and go to a pound and rescue a dog that will provide the same joy and love, despite not being a retarded status symbol.

My oldest dog is a rescue and he's one of the best dogs you could ever want. My puppy was expensive and from a breeder because I was after a specific type, but I looked for a rescue for a while first.

coposrv

Established Member
Why not take your daughter to a shelter and rescue a dog? There's literally millions that need homes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
just remembered that my cousin bought a purebred yorkie puppy for his daughter as she reallllly wanted one. i forgot how much he paid for it but it was a lot. he hated that dog lol. constantly barking and just a general pita. dont remember what happened to it but they dont have it any more.

my brother in law bought a beagle puppy at the pet shop at the mall (bad move). paid about $2k for it. damn thing was beyond hyper. always getting into stuff and tearing things up. it eventually found its way out of the yard and got hit by a car. so long $2k. nice to know ya.

my wife wants a french bulldog which is apparently the new "gotta have it" dog. there's no way id pay $2k+ for a dog that's not a trained police dog lol. eventually they'll be backyard bred and be all over the place for a few hundred.

08mojo

Established Member
Trying to give you the benefit of doubt, and trying to be nice:

How about rescuing the dog in your back yard? Does the lab have shelter? Heated shelter? When I left WV last week it was 8 degrees, with a high of 16 degrees--no pup deserves that!

FFS, a lot of poor decisions being shown in this thread.

RSbeast

Established Member
Buy her a $30 cat. Call it a day.

Sounds like no business having dog #1. You either live on a farm or shoot for the slimiest lifestyle possible. A lab needs companionship and room to run. Do you just keep it in a giant cage or is it tied to some shitty house with a rope? Doubting it lives in a barn with livestock.

#2 - **** a yorkie. Yappy ass shithead little dogs going after everyone / everything. My neighbor's straight up attacked me and my dog while walking. It caught the boot.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
A lot of you have had some bad experiences with Yorkies! LOL Ours isn't yappy at all. The only time she barks is when she wants to play or if somebody rings the doorbell. Other than that, we rarely hear a peep out of her.

Zemedici

Established Member
A lot of you have had some bad experiences with Yorkies! LOL Ours isn't yappy at all. The only time she barks is when she wants to play or if somebody rings the doorbell. Other than that, we rarely hear a peep out of her.

exactly what I was thinking, Tanya's Yorkie is terrified to make a sound unless she's playing. Of course with her being 2lbs, there's not a lot she's NOT scared of....hahaha and she would NEVER bite someone. Sounds like a bunch of these dogs need some training...

Never_Enough

Established Member
exactly what I was thinking, Tanya's Yorkie is terrified to make a sound unless she's playing. Of course with her being 2lbs, there's not a lot she's NOT scared of....hahaha and she would NEVER bite someone. Sounds like a bunch of these dogs need some training...
They are all still animals. Any dog could bite at any time.

Users who are viewing this thread