Is this photoshopped?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Yorkies are good dogs, BUT VERY difficult to house break. Esp the males. We have an neutered 8 y.o. Shitzu-Yorkie mix, and he still pisses in the house on occasion. Sometimes it seems as if it is out of spite when my wife leaves the house. If I had to do it all over again, I would not get a Yorkie because of that. Fortunately we already had plans to replace all the carpet in our house with wood, just haven't got to the upstairs yet and that's where he sneaks off to go now if left alone, or if we forget to put the kiddie gate up on the landing.

It's pure spite. They're temperamental little shits! My wife's yorkie took a dump right on her pillow one time because she left her at home. (I'm talking about my wife's pillow, (where she laid her head to sleep!) not the dog pillow.) That was before we met, though, because if it had been w/ me, I would've slung her little ass into a wall. And if you yell at them or upset them in any way, they're guaranteed to sneak off somewhere and piss all over your carpet. Ours will do fine until you upset her in some way. Then we have to watch her little ass like a hawk until she gets over it! It got so annoying that we got one of those Invisible Fence indoor pucks to keep her out of the great room.

Ours is 12 years old. Don't ever call her a "teacup" yorkie, either. My wife will slice you up real good! LOL

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I don't know, man. I only made that mistake once! (Now I say it if I want to make her mad. LOL) She's adamant that the AKC does not recognize a "teacup" category of yorkies. She says they're just runts of the litters and there's no such thing as a teacup yorkie.

Zemedici

Established Member
not true at all....there are breeders who ONLY breed small Yorkies, my girls dog came from a litter of 7, all less than 4lbs, saying they're all runts? hahaha and AKC's rules / regs are a joke....

but +65,000 on the temperamental shit, this dog shit on the bed a couple days ago because she's been acting a fool lately and getting whooped. Its a love / hate relationship.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just about guaranteed it is a scam. Sending money to a specific address (a Washington DC address in this case) through Western Union doesn't mean a thing. It can be retrieved at ANY Western Union office with the proper ID. Meaning the sender can believe he is sending money to a Western Union office in Washington DC to a person living in DC, but the receiving party can be in Portland, OR and walk into any Portland Western Union office and claim the funds. I know because we had someone try to scam our church once in this way. I was suspicious from the getgo and called him out on the phone after talking to a Western Union manager. I would NEVER send money to an unknown person by Western Union.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yorkies are good dogs, BUT VERY difficult to house break. Esp the males. We have an neutered 8 y.o. Shitzu-Yorkie mix, and he still pisses in the house on occasion. Sometimes it seems as if it is out of spite when my wife leaves the house. If I had to do it all over again, I would not get a Yorkie because of that. Fortunately we already had plans to replace all the carpet in our house with wood, just haven't got to the upstairs yet and that's where he sneaks off to go now if left alone, or if we forget to put the kiddie gate up on the landing.
Wow, did your post bring back memories of my daughter's Yorkie. She paid to have him housebroken but it did little to nothing. He still crapped on the floor 90% of the time. Refused to use the pan in his cage. Twice when the family went away for a couple days, he got pissed, he somehow got out the gate, went into our granddaughter's bedroom, jumped up on her bed, and.....crapped! Right on her bed. :mad: So obvious the dog was really angry about being left alone. He hid when they came home. He was one spiteful Yorkie. Cute, but spiteful. My daughter finally gave him to a friend. He just would not behave.

mipodesign

Established Member
Is this picture photoshopped or what. I am trying to get my daughter a puppy for Christmas. Around here where we are in a very rural area they want well over $1,300.00 for a Yorkie pup. I found a lady in an area that has many Yorkie breeders and she has one we want at a price we can afford. I asked her to send me a picture of the puppy with my name and today's date. I cannot figure out what they have done. It is a label with my name and date but it has a shadow behind it and to the edges as if it was taken on top of another picture. Can you guys figure this out and help me. I do not want to lose a big sum of money to a scammer. Thanks.

puppy_zpsv5aysrpt.jpg
the paper with date is definetly photoshopped. The shade is not following the sheets. Very cheap edit lol

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
not true at all....there are breeders who ONLY breed small Yorkies, my girls dog came from a litter of 7, all less than 4lbs, saying they're all runts? hahaha and AKC's rules / regs are a joke....

Those are just smaller yorkies. Ours hovers at the 4 lbs mark. Just don't call her a teacup, unless you're looking to catch a knife to the back or your throat slashed.

I have an ex that had an Old English Sheepdog from a breeder who was trying to "create" a small breed of OE sheepdogs. He would keep the runts of the litters and breed them together. He would either put down or give away the largest ones and/or the ones that didn't have his desired color pattern. I found the idea of that not only reprehensible but also despicable. Imagine how many wonderful dogs were disposed of for no good reason. She was a great dog, even though she hated kids. But she had good reason to, though. She was abused and neglected by a kid who had no clue how (or maybe no desire) to take care of a dog.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
where did you find this person with the dog for so cheap? if on CL, you should flag "her" ad(s). definitely a scam. id never wire the money to some random stranger. talk about kissing your $ goodbye. and yeah, that person could be located in nigeria and just supplying you with a dc address. all you need is the pin# and you can retrieve the $ anywhere in the world. even a bank wire transfer, you only have 24 hours to cancel it and save your $. (from what ive been told).

do you have to have papers? you can get one without papers for much less id imagine. i wanted a pug puppy and found them on CL. got mine for $250. no papers. excellent little pug with zero health issues. also mixed breeds (even slightly) tend to have the best health. im sure they have terriers at the shelter. might not be exactly the one you want but similar. im sure your daughter would be delighted to save a dog from being put down. and you save a ton of $, when youre not working. as a father i know we want to give our kids everything they want but its also good to teach them that you cant always do that. its not always the right time or dont have the $ etc... makes a good life lesson for them.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
That paper they added definitely looks suspect. Were you looking for a pup with papers?

You can always try to set up a meeting, maybe in a public place and only offer up cash after you have seen the dog.

I called AKC and they do not register Teacup Yorkies because they a bastardization of the Yorkshire Terrier breed.

Oh ya. There are definitely some red flags there. Especially the western union requirement.

I do think a lot of places have a "guarantee" against some illness related deaths such as parvo for a year or so. At least out here they do, although that may be a local law.

The dogs that cost $2,500.00 and up do come with a years guarantee.

how old is your little girl? maybe you could take here down to a local shelter and let her rescue a dog in need. Just an Idea.

15. We already have a black lab sine October 2015 someone dropped off here at the house. Just to big and way too much energy plus he is an outside dog. She wants an inside dog.

Just about guaranteed it is a scam. Sending money to a specific address (a Washington DC address in this case) through Western Union doesn't mean a thing. It can be retrieved at ANY Western Union office with the proper ID. Meaning the sender can believe he is sending money to a Western Union office in Washington DC to a person living in DC, but the receiving party can be in Portland, OR and walk into any Portland Western Union office and claim the funds. I know because we had someone try to scam our church once in this way. I was suspicious from the getgo and called him out on the phone after talking to a Western Union manager. I would NEVER send money to an unknown person by Western Union.

Did not know this. When I asked one of them for the last 5 - 6 digits of their drivers license so that I could make sure they were the ones to get the money not someone else, she got pissed and quit responding. I actually was going to drive 3 hours to Columbus and pick up the dog. When I would not send her the down payment with out some kind of verification code that was it.

As I said in a quote above. We were the lucky recipients of a 6 month or so old Black Lab in October 2015. He is an outside dog not an inside one. Plus we do not have an animal shelter any where fairly close.

where did you find this person with the dog for so cheap? if on CL, you should flag "her" ad(s). definitely a scam. id never wire the money to some random stranger. talk about kissing your $ goodbye. and yeah, that person could be located in nigeria and just supplying you with a dc address. all you need is the pin# and you can retrieve the $ anywhere in the world. even a bank wire transfer, you only have 24 hours to cancel it and save your $. (from what ive been told).

do you have to have papers? you can get one without papers for much less id imagine. i wanted a pug puppy and found them on CL. got mine for $250. no papers. excellent little pug with zero health issues. also mixed breeds (even slightly) tend to have the best health. im sure they have terriers at the shelter. might not be exactly the one you want but similar. im sure your daughter would be delighted to save a dog from being put down. and you save a ton of $, when youre not working. as a father i know we want to give our kids everything they want but its also good to teach them that you cant always do that. its not always the right time or dont have the $ etc... makes a good life lesson for them.

Steve we do not have to have papers. One reason AKC does not give papers to Teacup Yorkies even though the CKC does.

I actually just used Google to search for available Yorkie puppies. You would not believe the number of web sites and ads for them. Most of them are scams. Bright Yorkies is a scam. VibrantYorkies is a scam. I forget how many others are a scam. Yet their web sites are still up and running even though I have been reporting them left and right.

I have tried Craig's List up to 3 hours away. No one has them they have all been bought for Christmas. I did not know how popular the breed was. My mom had one for several years before she passed and she was a great dog. Never a problem and knew when it was bed time she had to get in her cage and did so by just being asked.

OBTW. A local puppy dealer in PIkeville, KY had 3 Tuesday morning and sold them all for $1,431.00 including tax within 2 hours. With our economy so bad we could not figure out where people were coming up with the money. While we were there they had for sale two English Bulldogs for $2,500.00 a piece which were sold the next day. Two Dalmations for $2,500.00 each sold with in 3 days and I don't know how many others. With no job I just cannot afford a whole lot of money.

I had to add this I forgot when I posted this reply. One person even went to the trouble of setting up a pet shipping company that was fraudulent. it was either petsaferelocators.com or safepetrelocators.com. Search it up. They really did an impressive page but they only accept Western Union even though they look to be a nationwide company that handles pet shipping. HA HA. What lengths scammers go to steal money.

Thanks everyone for your responses. There is some good reading here and some great stories.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
My female Yorkie turns 14 next month. She's never been a problem or acted up. Sure she may have an accident in the house, but it's not intentional. She's a very affectionate dog but she doesn't care much for kids.

She's definitely Alpha dog though. She's put our 45 lb cattle dog on the ground numerous times.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
http://www.pikecountyanimalshelter.org

Looks pretty close to me, as it's the same town you were talking about.

I debated on being "that guy" but I'm gonna go for it....you have no job and don't want to spend all that much money but are thinking of spending 1300 dollars on a purebred dog?
My parents were bringing in 200-250k a year the entire time i was in jr high/highschool and they never spent over 150 bucks each on the kids at Christmas. Granted that was 1995-1999 but still...jeez.

Last edited:

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Those are just smaller yorkies. Ours hovers at the 4 lbs mark. Just don't call her a teacup, unless you're looking to catch a knife to the back or your throat slashed.

I have an ex that had an Old English Sheepdog from a breeder who was trying to "create" a small breed of OE sheepdogs. He would keep the runts of the litters and breed them together. He would either put down or give away the largest ones and/or the ones that didn't have his desired color pattern. I found the idea of that not only reprehensible but also despicable. Imagine how many wonderful dogs were disposed of for no good reason. She was a great dog, even though she hated kids. But she had good reason to, though. She was abused and neglected by a kid who had no clue how (or maybe no desire) to take care of a dog.

This is exactly how literally every modern "breed" was created. Breed two dogs with the traits you want, pick the puppies from the litter with those traits and destroy the rest.

You're paying premium money for an inbred dog almost guaranteed to have a shorter lifespan and potential health problems

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
My wifes family had a younger Yorkie when we met in '04.

It just died a month or so ago, and I don't miss the little ****er one bit. My wife and her mom bought a small dog each back in '07 or '08.

Ours is a little Pappillion-Poodle mix, and even though she pisses me off, I like her.

Her mom bought a Maltese skank bitch dog. I can't wait for it to die. It has this ****ing snarling growl shit it does when its pissed. If it was my dog I'd slit its throat.

Moral of the story: **** yorkies and malteses

Zemedici

Established Member
My wifes family had a younger Yorkie when we met in '04.

It just died a month or so ago, and I don't miss the little ****er one bit. My wife and her mom bought a small dog each back in '07 or '08.

Ours is a little Pappillion-Poodle mix, and even though she pisses me off, I like her.

Her mom bought a Maltese skank bitch dog. I can't wait for it to die. It has this ****ing snarling growl shit it does when its pissed. If it was my dog I'd slit its throat.

Moral of the story: **** yorkies and malteses

but! They're so small you can just chuck em if they're pissing you off :D hahahahaha

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
This is exactly how literally every modern "breed" was created. Breed two dogs with the traits you want, pick the puppies from the litter with those traits and destroy the rest.

You're paying premium money for an inbred dog almost guaranteed to have a shorter lifespan and potential health problems

I know that's how all these so-called pure breeds were created. And you're right about the health issues and lifespans. Mutts rarely ever get sick or have health issues, and they sometimes live so long that they can grow up with a kid until the kid goes off to college or whatever. Sometimes the kid can go to college, graduate, and come back and the damned mutt is still alive! Might not be looking too good at that point, but it's still hanging in there. LOL

OP, your daughter is 15 and wants an indoor dog??? If you don't put her 15 year old ass outside with that lab you already have for free...!! I thought you were talking about a little girl.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Not to be a downer, but if you're not working, blowing money on an animal as a gift that will require more money (vets, food, toys, etc) isn't wise.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
+65,000 glad you said it first. When I read the 'no job' I was like woah...
Makes horrible sense to me, but what do I know.

Not counting what I paid for my puppy, I've easily spent a grand on everything else she needs, like bed, toys, vet, shots, collars (on #3) and whatever else I'm forgetting. Granted my cost are a little more, at 5 months her shits are the size of that yorkie, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread