Is this photoshopped?

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Is this picture photoshopped or what. I am trying to get my daughter a puppy for Christmas. Around here where we are in a very rural area they want well over $1,300.00 for a Yorkie pup. I found a lady in an area that has many Yorkie breeders and she has one we want at a price we can afford. I asked her to send me a picture of the puppy with my name and today's date. I cannot figure out what they have done. It is a label with my name and date but it has a shadow behind it and to the edges as if it was taken on top of another picture. Can you guys figure this out and help me. I do not want to lose a big sum of money to a scammer. Thanks.

puppy_zpsv5aysrpt.jpg

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
The label with your name on it looks funny like it was added electronically. Have you tried a Google image search on the pic itself?

TClark22

Established Member
The pic itself looks like a picture of a picture. And the label with your name on it is handwritten but definitely electronically added to the picture.

my mom had one for a while...nice dogs but yappy little shits. Hers died overnight for no known reason when she was around 7 years old.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Thanks guys that was what I was afraid of. They said the picture was taken today with the paper with name and date. I think it was added too. Just not figuring out how. I do not want to send someone $600.00 in or around Washington DC and get ripped off.

Yes I did look through the internet for that picture but Google said it did not find another one like it. I would step away but most breeders if registered want $1,500.00+ for one. Local store here has one for $1,431.00 counting tax. Way too expensive for my blood right now. If I was working it would be no problem.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
That paper they added definitely looks suspect. Were you looking for a pup with papers?

You can always try to set up a meeting, maybe in a public place and only offer up cash after you have seen the dog.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
That paper they added definitely looks suspect. Were you looking for a pup with papers?

You can always try to set up a meeting, maybe in a public place and only offer up cash after you have seen the dog.

Yes for my daughter for Christmas. After a little more research and since I have been talking to this person since Saturday I found a little more out. I did a who is search on www.tcupyorkshierterriers.com and it turns out it is a Google domain registered in Toronto, Ont. Canada and not in Washington, DC. He asked me to Western Union the money to him
FERDINAND LAROUGE
City / State : WASHINGTON/DC
Zip code : 20902

When I told him I wanted to do a bank wire bank to bank because I worked at the bank for 33 years, he said they only do Western Union. Red Flags kicked up big time as that is a form of payment a lot of scammers use. Once it leave your facility there is no tracking it as long as a person has an ID that shows this name. No matter if they are associated with the puppy or not they have the money. No way to track or get it back.

I have searched several websites for a puppy and there is no way I can afford to pay as much as they wanted. Just got off the phone with a local puppy store and they have only one and they want over $1,400.00 for it with tax. If it would dies tomorrow your out of luck and no guarantees.

Thanks again.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Oh ya. There are definitely some red flags there. Especially the western union requirement.

I do think a lot of places have a "guarantee" against some illness related deaths such as parvo for a year or so. At least out here they do, although that may be a local law.

Zemedici

Established Member
Get out. Fwiw I've got my girls yorkie in my lap atm and she looks just like that, is 3 years old and weighs 2.4lbs.

But do not follow through if you got bad vibes. Plenty other dogs out there. This dog was $3,000

JimCSHO

Established Member
Have you tried petfinder.com?

My wife loved her Yorkie, had to put it down in September at age 17. We got it as an "inheiritance" when it was 14 - previous owner was a client who got her as a rescue when she was 10 and wanted my wife to have her when he died. They develop an issue with trachea where it collapses and they choke. Ours finally was so bad off and having such a hard time breathing that we decided it was time to let her go.

Pup

Established Member
Name looks edited in
The photo looks like a picture of a picture
Price is too good to be true
They're asking for Western Union

All of it says it's a likely scam but Western Union makes it a guarantee.

madscotsman

Established Member
Yorkies are good dogs, BUT VERY difficult to house break. Esp the males. We have an neutered 8 y.o. Shitzu-Yorkie mix, and he still pisses in the house on occasion. Sometimes it seems as if it is out of spite when my wife leaves the house. If I had to do it all over again, I would not get a Yorkie because of that. Fortunately we already had plans to replace all the carpet in our house with wood, just haven't got to the upstairs yet and that's where he sneaks off to go now if left alone, or if we forget to put the kiddie gate up on the landing.

Badass_Forever

Established Member
how old is your little girl? maybe you could take here down to a local shelter and let her rescue a dog in need. Just an Idea.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Some of my families favorite dogs were shelter dogs, and mutts. We just coincidentally have 2 pure breds at the moment, 1 was a rescue, and they are high up on the list, but our best family dogs were mutts from the shelter.

Zemedici

Established Member
requested pictures of Daisy

1st is at 8 weeks

next is at 6 months

last was yesterday

Attachments

• babydaisy.jpg
    babydaisy.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 87
  • daisy1.jpg
    daisy1.jpg