Is the 03-04 Cobra the Beast it was 7-10+ Years Ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Yea, there's quicker cars out there now but something about a Cobra just demands respect.

I have a few Mustang friends I hangout with often and you still hear people say they'd love to own a Cobra one day. It's still a dream car for some people.

It was my dream car, and I got one in 2015. I still love it, but like others have said, there are faster cars out there. Still, they can hold their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
03/04 is a special car and always will be. Certain cars are just special. A GN would get gapped by a V6 Camry but it still demands respect and they go for a good buck.
The 11-14 GT's are the modern Fox body. Just a great platform that can go real fast real cheap.They will be around for a while but they aren't special like a 03/04.

NY03SonicConv.

Established Member
I didn't have a nice car for years before I bought my Cobra. My then 18 yr. old son steered me toword them when I was shopping around. After seeing the effort SVT put into building them I knew he was right. Time will never take away the back story of the Terminator Cobra. I've had her out to a bunch of cruises and a car show this year and there is always a lota love for the Cobra. Guys of all ages know exactly what it is, so I would say they are still appreciated.

gt347mustang

Established Member
Terminator was a beast in its day, but is no longer king. 15 years later everything has caught up.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
a used 2013 GT is less expensive and superior to a terminator in every conceivable way. Better handling, faster, better mpg, better ride, nicer interior...etc.

At this point there is no logical argument for buying a 03/04 cobra unless for nostalgia/sentimental value or other emotional reasons.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... but everyone knows it's been surpassed.

Everyone except the owners. I'm not buying the "visceral driving experience". The visceral driving experience in the case of the '03/'04 equates to "tired, old chassis." Or it could be because of the horrendous ergonomics, weird seating position, and terrible shifter location. Having owned a New Edge SN-95, I will never understand people's fascination with owning those awful cars.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
This. The Terminator is no longer the king of stop light drags. However, there is still nothing out there that replicated its visceral driving experience.

+65,000

I now drive a 2016 slightly modded Coyote, and it is super fun and super fast. But...the feeling of driving my '04 SY Cobra was just different. It was very raw. The Coyote is refined and is a modern day muscle machine, but the Terminator was raw and you felt like a part of the car.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
a used 2013 GT is less expensive and superior to a terminator in every conceivable way. Better handling, faster, better mpg, better ride, nicer interior...etc.

At this point there is no logical argument for buying a 03/04 cobra unless for nostalgia/sentimental value or other emotional reasons.

Lmfao better MPG. Who the **** buys a Mustang and uses that in the same sentence?

This day I’m age no. However there still fun to drive and draw a lot of attention. Aftermarket blower and you can keep up on the street. But there is so much out there now. Good time to be a horsepower junkie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Everyone except the owners. I'm not buying the "visceral driving experience". The visceral driving experience in the case of the '03/'04 equates to "tired, old chassis." Or it could be because of the horrendous ergonomics, weird seating position, and terrible shifter location. Having owned a New Edge SN-95, I will never understand people's fascination with owning those awful cars.

Well you're a bowl of happiness this morning. You can make that comment about anything old. Every car that was state of the art in it's day is now a "tired old chassis". What we are talking about is the lack of filter the 03-04 Cobra's and the 07-09 GT500's had. Big motor in a regular chassis that lacked any technology of significance.

I think the "visceral" experience people feel in those cars is the lack of Variable cam/valve timing. The power was very set in it's band. In coyotes you mash the pedal, timing retards and advances over the RPM band. It gets rid of the "digging itself out of a hole" feeling that makes the older cars fun.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member

Different strokes.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

Ever owned or drove a Vintage Ferrari or Porsche?

It’s called “character”.

It’s those nuance differences that set cars apart.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
5-700hp in a chassis based off of a 1979 Ford Fairmont will certainly feel “raw”. Worse ergonomics on the face of the planet though. I’ve owned 2 over the years and each time it took me a month to get comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread