Is it totaled C6Z

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
**** man, sorry for your lose, I have driven my friends 577whp C6Z but I was always careful, and I have a 700whp GT500 so I know how to handle higher HP cars, well you should try and buy a 13/14 GT500 now.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Mid 30's? I know it's an 06 and I don't know the miles, but looked to be in damn nice condition - I figured it was a 40k car or very close - but I guess hard to say without knowing the miles.

To the OP - sorry for your loss, thats a rough one. I would put it on your buddies insurance if at all possible. Why should you be stuck with the higher rates for years?

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
i would say totaled especially if airbags went off. dependent on miles too but my guess is totaled

sorry man looks like it was a wicked ride too!! love c6 z06s

ZincYellowGT281

Established Member
Sorry to hear that, when I was in southren cali for FFF my fobra go totalled also. I was pissed but hey theres a light at the end of the tunnel. Thats how i ended up with my 5.0

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Sorry to hear this. Hope your insurance covers this. My insurance only covers me and my wife. No on else. If anyone else would drive mine and wreck I am screwed. No coverage. Both through State Farm and Grundy. That why I am the only driver of mine.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Man that sucks!!! Totaled? I'd say so, fixable? Probably. Value is killed either way. You'd probably be better off to let insurance total it out and move on unless you are just forever in-love with the car.

Baysixx

Established Member
Damage always looks worse on vettes cuz they're fiberglass. I'd say if the frame is still straight it won't be considered totaled.

heypal

What? Where am I?
Established Member
LOL we werent even going fast 60-65 what he did was pop the clutch when he went into 3rd, trust me I was gona kill him.

It was hard not to but no.

Air bags went off and I saw the K-member or what ever these cars have cracked in like 3 spots just by look at it the way you see it in the photo. I hope it is tho.

More than likely it will be totaled out man, subframe and bumpers aren't that big of a deal but airbags and possible rear tub damage(just a guess on my part) means it's probably gone. Make sure you're buddy has insurance because it's his ass not yours.

you should buy it back from the insurance company and save the engine, trans, whats left of the brakes, seats, etc and set them aside for when you pick up a project to transplant that stuff into.

Build something with the old car if you want, good advice if you can swing it.

Damn man didn't you just get this?

Who drifts corvettes in the rain....

Someone that doesn't care about other peoples stuff.

The airbags will help. Figuring the car is probably valued in the mid $30's, and the repair needs to cost more than 60-70% of the value(depending on the insurance company), that puts you right around $22-23K in repairs, I don't think there is that much damage, but its hard to tell from 2 pics. If they don't total it, look into diminished value. That would be a good size check they would have to write you since this accident will probably cut $8K+ off the value of the car once repaired since no one wants to buy a wrecked Vette these days.

Spot on.

Damage always looks worse on vettes cuz they're fiberglass. I'd say if the frame is still straight it won't be considered totaled.

SMC it's more plastic then fiberglass. But for the c6z I believe the front fenders are carbon fiber.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
I hear too many stories like this. Sorry for your loss.

Why were you taking a Chevy to a Ford show?

Sick SVT

Established Member
The airbags will help. Figuring the car is probably valued in the mid $30's, and the repair needs to cost more than 60-70% of the value(depending on the insurance company), that puts you right around $22-23K in repairs, I don't think there is that much damage, but its hard to tell from 2 pics. If they don't total it, look into diminished value. That would be a good size check they would have to write you since this accident will probably cut $8K+ off the value of the car once repaired since no one wants to buy a wrecked Vette these days.

if it goes through his insurance he won't be able to file a dismissed value claim. You can't file against your own insurance. Only chance would be if it went through the drivers. Sorry op. I actually think it might total. Vette parts aren't cheap and 20k in damage will come up fast especially with suspension and air bags. The shop I worked at fixed a c6z when they first came out. Had to put a rear tub in it. There bonded in and it was a pain. That car should go on a celette bench with fixtures which will add to the cost. A normal frame machine won't do.

Last edited:

SBVERT03

Established Member
Bummer, hate to see stuff like this happen. The most important thing though is that no lives were lost!

Users who are viewing this thread