Is it totaled C6Z

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
So long story short I was down in Souther California for FFF and that Friday night it had rained alil, someone one else was driving my car with me in it as he laid into the gas in 3rd car pitched sidways hit the center divide with the passanger front then passanger back, bounced off and hit my cousins truck, luckly we were able to cruise to the side of the freeway. My whole weekend was ****ed.

crash1_zpsaf7a875a.jpg

crash_zps00932563.jpg

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Wow, that sucks. Sorry to see that. Looks like a lot in damage, not sure if it's totaled, but it might be better off being totaled so you can get another one that hasn't been so damaged.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Wow, that sucks. The back rim snapped off at the spokes?!

B0B

Established Member
uh wow. Unbelievable. I can't imagine somebody having the audacity to drive my car like that in the rain, especially someone who so obviously doesn't have the driving skills needed to handle a car like that. Sorry man, glad you're ok. And hopefully the driver will have a full recovery after surviving the injuries imposed while you beat their ass for crashing your car!

Two 5.0s

Established Member
Ain't no way I'd let anyone drive my sh*t. Sorry for your loss. I hope at the very least your friend is paying the deductible for what the Ins. won't cover.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
uh wow. Unbelievable. I can't imagine somebody having the audacity to drive my car like that in the rain, especially someone who so obviously doesn't have the driving skills needed to handle a car like that. Sorry man, glad you're ok. And hopefully the driver will have a full recovery after surviving the injuries imposed while you beat their ass for crashing your car!

LOL we werent even going fast 60-65 what he did was pop the clutch when he went into 3rd, trust me I was gona kill him.

Did you beat that certain someones ass?

It was hard not to but no.

I doubt its totaled. Did the airbags go off?

Air bags went off and I saw the K-member or what ever these cars have cracked in like 3 spots just by look at it the way you see it in the photo. I hope it is tho.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
There's a lot of damage there, but it looks to be contained mostly around the bumpers and fender/s. The bumpers aren't really an issue. From a repair standpoint it's the door seal area that you want in tact. Those are seam bonded there and require massive amounts of man hours to repair properly. If those are damaged, I'd probably expect the car to be totaled.

Looking at the pictures, there's probably a decent possibility that the rear suspension and axle assembly has some damage. That would be another area where you'd be adding quite a bit of money to a repair bill. Given that this is a 2006, unless it's a super low mile example, I would say you're probably going to be close enough to total loss threshold that you'll be offered a settlement.

EDIT: Also get the driver's insurance information. The accident was caused under his control and in most areas his insurance will cover him while driving another car.

Last edited:

BladeX10

Established Member
Well thats heartbreaking.

I let my buddy drive my old Mustang i had and he broke it lose on the freeway after a rain and the car did a nice 180, Luckily it was like 3am and nobody on the road to hit. From that moment on, I'll never let anyone drive my cars again.

B0B

Established Member
you should buy it back from the insurance company and save the engine, trans, whats left of the brakes, seats, etc and set them aside for when you pick up a project to transplant that stuff into.

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
Looks repairable to me but without in person inspection hard to say what your insurance company would do. If it was a claim I was handling, I would probably fix it unless there is some major structure damage in their. Replacing the subframe is no big deal and is pretty common to replace when front ends get torn up.

In Texas when you let someone drive your vehicle, you have the option to pursue the unlisted driver's liability coverage for damage to your vehicle or go through your own collision coverage. However, your liability coverage will cover damage to other property resulting from this loss and if you go through your collision coverage your insurance company will not be able to subrogate your buddies insurance, which means you won't get your deductible back. Check with your buddies insurance and see if they will pay under liability so you won't have to go through your collision coverage. If they do cover it under liability you can hit them for a rental car and some diminished value since a c6 z will be hard to sell when you tell a corvette guy its been wrecked before.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
The airbags will help. Figuring the car is probably valued in the mid $30's, and the repair needs to cost more than 60-70% of the value(depending on the insurance company), that puts you right around $22-23K in repairs, I don't think there is that much damage, but its hard to tell from 2 pics. If they don't total it, look into diminished value. That would be a good size check they would have to write you since this accident will probably cut $8K+ off the value of the car once repaired since no one wants to buy a wrecked Vette these days.

Users who are viewing this thread