Is Chevy asking GT money for a V6 Camaro?

Rios302

Established Member
I think chevy made a great car but honestly, I find the new Camaro overpriced when compared to the new Mustang. I am sure performance wise the new Camaro is above a a similar Mustang but then again you can buy a GT for the cost of a V6 Camaro and a 2016 Shelby GT350 instead of a Camaro 2ss.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Doesnt the Camaro 2ss start at 41k and the GT350 at 48k? GT shows MSRP at 32k and plain Camaro for 25k. Hardly the same cost….

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
What the hell is wrong with you guys lately? Equal trim levels are similarly priced.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
What the hell is wrong with you guys lately? Equal trim levels are similarly priced.
Camaro envy much? LOL Gotta find another way to pick on the Camaro since looks is not working anymore.

Every car will go up in price if performance gets better. GT was once 25k MSRP I believe with the performance (worse?) of todays plain Mustang.

Last edited:

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I guess price is what the ford fan boys are going to next...
And lol if you think you can get a gt350 at msrp

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I know 2 girls that got v6 Camaros as their graduation present, both were low 20k cars IIRC.

LS2GTO

Established Member
then again you can buy a GT for the cost of a V6 Camaro and a 2016 Shelby GT350 instead of a Camaro 2ss

Where are you getting a 2016 Mustang GT for $27k? And where are you getting a GT350 for $42k? Please share the knowledge cuz those are easily $6k less than what I am seeing and noone yet is dropping huge incentives on these cars that you can get them below MSRP.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

I guess price is what the ford fan boys are going to next...
And lol if you think you can get a gt350 at msrp

Where are you getting a 2016 Mustang GT for $27k? And where are you getting a GT350 for $42k? Please share the knowledge cuz those are easily $6k less than what I am seeing and noone yet is dropping huge incentives on these cars that you can get them below MSRP.

Yep on all of the above....

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
OP please post links to back up your claims.

A v6 camaro will more where the ecoboost mustang is. A i4 turbo camaro will mark where the v6 mustang is. Chevy isn't putting their turbo camaro in the mid level like ford is, well see how that plays out.

Gt and SS will be equally priced. You really think the companies don't look at each other's build sheets and trim level costs?

01GTB

Established Member
I still have friends that think new GTs start at $45k and all new F150s are $50k plus. I have given up trying to explain it.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Well equipped cars are so expensive these days.

My well-equipped Edge was $40k. I am looking at a well equipped Explorer Sport, and it tops $52k. Jesus. That used to be MB or BMW territory.

MysticRob

Established Member
I think chevy made a great car but honestly, I find the new Camaro overpriced when compared to the new Mustang. I am sure performance wise the new Camaro is above a a similar Mustang but then again you can buy a GT for the cost of a V6 Camaro and a 2016 Shelby GT350 instead of a Camaro 2ss.

Hopefully not a serious statement. If so, I worry about you being a voter or parent.
A quick look at both manufacturers' sites gets results in less than a minute for 2016 models:
V6 Camaro is ~$25k (about what a V6 Mustang costs), and GT is just over $32k.
Simple math puts that at ~$7k difference, or about a 28% difference if you stretch your brain muscles a bit more.
2SS versus GT350 difference is also about $7k according to both manufacturers, so again, not close at all.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
^ bro, fanboys don't like to research actual numbers. They just hear what they want to hear.

Rios302

Established Member
Hopefully not a serious statement. If so, I worry about you being a voter or parent.
A quick look at both manufacturers' sites gets results in less than a minute for 2016 models:
V6 Camaro is ~$25k (about what a V6 Mustang costs), and GT is just over $32k.
Simple math puts that at ~$7k difference, or about a 28% difference if you stretch your brain muscles a bit more.
2SS versus GT350 difference is also about $7k according to both manufacturers, so again, not close at all.

Car and driver lists the Camaro SS base price at $37,295 while their as tested fully loaded one comes out to $47480.

Motortrend has the V6 Camaro starting at $28600

Mustang GT starts at $32395 a difference of $3795 as compared to the 2016 V6 Camaro.

The difference between the GT and the Camaro 1 SS is $4900 a bigger gap than jumping from a v6 Camaro to a GT Mustang

The GT350 is $49995 which is a $2515 difference against the fully loaded Camaro 2ss (Auto, adaptive exhaust, Magnetic suspension.

Also when it comes to your statement about you worrying about me being a voter or a parent wtf are you talking about.

Rios302

Established Member
^ bro, fanboys don't like to research actual numbers. They just hear what they want to hear.
Like I said before, base camaro is $4900 more than the base Mustang GT while the V6 Camaro is $3795 less than the GT Mustang. So the difference between the SS camaro and the GT is bigger than the Mustang GT as compared to the base Camaro v6.

Rios302

Established Member
OP please post links to back up your claims.

A v6 camaro will more where the ecoboost mustang is. A i4 turbo camaro will mark where the v6 mustang is. Chevy isn't putting their turbo camaro in the mid level like ford is, well see how that plays out.

Gt and SS will be equally priced. You really think the companies don't look at each other's build sheets and trim level costs?

The Ecoboost Mustang is $25395, or $3205 Less than the V6 Camaro. Thats only $500 more as going from a base V6 Camaro to a base Mustang GT.

I think Chevy knows that most of its sells are going to be for the turbo 4 Camaro.

bokyo1987

Established Member
Car and Driver tested a manual 2015 GT at $45.8k... Pretty close to the auto SS if you ask me. But since we're talking about the v6 Camaro, I'm pretty sure the ecoboost is priced similarly.

Last edited:

LS2GTO

Established Member
Car and driver lists the Camaro SS base price at $37,295 while their as tested fully loaded one comes out to $47480.

Motortrend has the V6 Camaro starting at $28600

Mustang GT starts at $32395 a difference of $3795 as compared to the 2016 V6 Camaro.

The difference between the GT and the Camaro 1 SS is $4900 a bigger gap than jumping from a v6 Camaro to a GT Mustang

The GT350 is $49995 which is a $2515 difference against the fully loaded Camaro 2ss (Auto, adaptive exhaust, Magnetic suspension.

Also when it comes to your statement about you worrying about me being a voter or a parent wtf are you talking about.

So basically you just shot down your own statement.

Yesterday you said you can get a Mustang GT for the same price as a Camaro V6. Now you just posted they are $3795 apart in price.

Kinda of hard to believe anything you say at this point.

And please don't compare fully loaded models with base models. By that logic you can buy an F150 truck for the price of a Porsche or M3.

Last edited:

Rios302

Established Member
No I didn't. The fact remains, A V6 Camaro is closer to a GT Mustang then a GT is to an SS Camaro. Dit won't take many options to bump the cost of a V6 Camaro into a Mustang GT. I was strictly speaking froma price point perspective. Its pretty clear, the new Camaro is superior in terms of performance but it's also more money and that's a fact. It's also true that true Camaro/Ford enthusiast will not care about cost. I myselft had a similar dilemna in 2011 when the 5.0 came out. I honestly prefer the looks of the Camaro SS at the time. I also knew the Mustang was faster at the time and cheaper, althought its design was not as striking. Fast forward to today, I feel like the 2010 camaro is aging badly while the Mustang is aging a lot better. I am just glad I went with the Mustang after all. same goes for the camaro, it might be the best car in terms of performance but from a price point, getting a GT might be the better immediate purchase because it's cheaper and maybe because it's also the better looking or most new design.

Users who are viewing this thread