Is Chevy asking GT money for a V6 Camaro?

Rios302

Established Member
Something to consider. From C&D:

At last someone that makes a good valid point. I was not aware, the Camaro already came equiped with what Ford offers as what is known as the Performance package which brings the Mustang closer to the Camaro SS as you have stated. With that being said, the fact remains. The Mustang is still cheaper as compared to the Camaro SS. Or as you point out, its cheaper because it lacks some of the options which the SS Camaro comes standard with. Looking strictly from a price point of view though, the Mustang has a cheaper starting price as compared to the Camaro that was the point I was trying to make. In other words, Chevy makes you pay for the "performance package" if you want an SS camaro where in a Mustang, it's an option. Now me being a performance enthusiast and knowing the information you have provided, I can now tell you that the Camaro SS to me is not that much more expensive than the Camaro but that's because if I was to get a new Mustang GT I will opt for the Performance package, which brings the car closer the SS Camaro. Those who just want a v8 and don't care for those performance feautures, can however save some money by buying the base Mustang GT without the performance package and instead can equiped their cars with the premium package and it will still be around the same price as the 1 ss base Camaro. But good point.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Kinda sucks though if you only wanted to get the truly base Camaro 1SS then you still get all this stuff that, unless you are going to track it, kinda makes no difference. If you just want the power and drive it daily, brembos and tranny/diff/oil coolers dont mean much to you. Not to mention, rarely are these "track packs" options ever suited for extended duration track use, they still suffer horrendous brake fade and heat buildup after a bunch of laps.

Users who are viewing this thread