Is Chevy asking GT money for a V6 Camaro?

truefiveo

Established Member
I think chevy made a great car but honestly, I find the new Camaro overpriced when compared to the new Mustang. I am sure performance wise the new Camaro is above a a similar Mustang but then again you can buy a GT for the cost of a V6 Camaro and a 2016 Shelby GT350 instead of a Camaro 2ss.

2425185-5536979159-23742.gif

Rios302

Established Member
The only way for people to listen is to make wild claims. Don't believe me, look at Trump. We might even end up with a Troll for a President. So I was a bit of with my claims but either way they were not too crazy after all as I demostrated in my previous post. The Camaro V6 is closer to the GT than the GT is to the Camaro SS; when it comes to price. That's a fact!

Rios302

Established Member
So is the new Camaro SS and Mustang GT on the same level when it comes to price? that will answer your own question because the difference between the GT and the new Camaro SS is less than that of the Mustang GT and the V6 Camaro.

MysticRob

Established Member
Car and driver lists the Camaro SS base price at $37,295 while their as tested fully loaded one comes out to $47480.

Motortrend has the V6 Camaro starting at $28600

Mustang GT starts at $32395 a difference of $3795 as compared to the 2016 V6 Camaro.

The difference between the GT and the Camaro 1 SS is $4900 a bigger gap than jumping from a v6 Camaro to a GT Mustang

The GT350 is $49995 which is a $2515 difference against the fully loaded Camaro 2ss (Auto, adaptive exhaust, Magnetic suspension.

Also when it comes to your statement about you worrying about me being a voter or a parent wtf are you talking about.

Don't quote car mag prices. Go to the manufacturers' sites and get their MSRP directly.
You've essentially created a thread with an ambiguous initial statement and now restate that one optioned up base vehicle's price can approach or surpass another car's price.

I could likely make the same argument for an optioned up Prius being more expensive than a base Mustang GT, but I wouldn't bother creating a thread about it. You've essentially stated the obvious.

EDIT: I'll stop following this thread now, and request you think about what point you wish to make, then clearly state that point. You are now free to argue with yourself.

UTCmTFQ.jpg

Last edited:

Ultrazls1

Established Member
Does ford get everyone with this trick?

They don't list msrp with destination initially. GM does.

They are 4K apart. For a car with 18 inch all seasons, no brakes and less standard options. The GT is over 33k with dest.

If you even want half a chance you need the PP which is 2500 bucks. Making the price difference a whopping 1500 bucks... And still sucking hind tit.... To all standard equipment SS.

As far as performance value it's camaro all the way.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Quick search (ford site for mustang, google for 2016 camaro since Chevy doesnt have the 2016 pricing up yet)

2016 V6 Mustang (base model) MSRP = $23,895
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (mid level) MSRP = $25,395
2016 Mustang GT Base MSRP = $32,395
2016 Mustang GT Premium = $36,395
2016 Mustang GT350 = $47,795
2016 Mustang GT350R = $61,295

2016 i4 Camaro (base model) MSRP = $25,700
2016 V6 Camaro (mid level) MSRP = $27,195
2016 Camaro 1SS = $36,300
2016 Camaro 2SS = $41,300

Looks like OP may be onto something but until GM releases their build and pricing guide for a 2016 its pretty much hearsay. Google got its pricing from the Car and Driver article so who knows how accurate they are. Though from what ive recalled since the 90's, the Camaro has always been a few grand more expensive than the Mustang.

Rios302

Established Member
Don't quote car mag prices. Go to the manufacturers' sites and get their MSRP directly.
You've essentially created a thread with an ambiguous initial statement and now restate that one optioned up base vehicle's price can approach or surpass another car's price.

I could likely make the same argument for an optioned up Prius being more expensive than a base Mustang GT, but I wouldn't bother creating a thread about it. You've essentially stated the obvious.

EDIT: I'll stop following this thread now, and request you think about what point you wish to make, then clearly state that point. You are now free to argue with yourself.

UTCmTFQ.jpg
hypocrazy much?

FIVEHOE

Established Member
So you were saying?

You must have missed the part where camaro numbers are not set in stone. Didn't someone mention that the website pricing for ford didn't include destination charge already?
You must have missed the other part where car and driver had a gt in the mid 40's...
You must have missed the other point where you can pretty much option an eco boost or 4 cyl into GT pricing.
Not to mention you must be high if you don't think the camaro is going to competitively priced with the mustang. Even if it costs a little more, you are essentially getting more of a car and to a lot of people that minor cost will be worth it.
But you keep those fanboy shades on while this thread continues to backfire.

vergil

Established Member
You must have missed the part where camaro numbers are not set in stone. Didn't someone mention that the website pricing for ford didn't include destination charge already?
You must have missed the other part where car and driver had a gt in the mid 40's...
You must have missed the other point where you can pretty much option an eco boost or 4 cyl into GT pricing.
Not to mention you must be high if you don't think the camaro is going to competitively priced with the mustang. Even if it costs a little more, you are essentially getting more of a car and to a lot of people that minor cost will be worth it.

+1

Rios302

Established Member
You must have missed the other part where car and driver had a gt in the mid 40's.../ No I did not missed anything bro I pretty aware cars have options and those cost money, I don't expect a fully loaded GT to be the same as the base model.
You must have missed the other point where you can pretty much option an eco boost or 4 cyl into GT pricing. /I am also aware that a fully loaded ecoboost is more money than a base GT
Not to mention you must be high if you don't think the camaro is going to competitively priced with the mustang. Even if it costs a little more, you are essentially getting more of a car and to a lot of people that minor cost will be worth it. Not according to the numbers currently available, and if the SS is price compatibly to the GT then same goes for the GT in regards to the V6 Camaro, since the difference is less. Again base on the numbers currently available plus adding destination to the Ford.
First of all, I am no fan boy. As I stated before I am more about performance for the money. That's why I went with the 2011 Mustang GT Track pack over the Camaro SS of its time, it was not only cheaper it was also beating the camaro SS both at the track and in a straight line. Either way just because I brought up an argument that doesn't make a fan boy, I was simply trying to make a point yet it seems like your brain is too small to comprehend that . Also why would I be high, was I not getting my numbers out of reliable sources such as magazines yet your claims are base on what, nothing but speculation. So I am a fan boy because I am trying to make a point even though I acknowledged right away that its pretty clear the Camaro is the superior car in terms of performance, specially GT vs SS.

Also You think I don't know that you can add options both to the Camaro and the Mustang and those add up to the price?

It is true I was not aware that Ford doesn't list it's destination fees which vary by region. Let's say destination is $900.00 even then the difference between the GT and the Camaro SS is bigger than that of the GT and the V6 Camaro. That was simply the point I was making. So you can add leather seats and other options to either car, but if both parts are equal the difference in price remains but I suppose that's too hard for you too understand. If anything you are the fan boy, because you are defending something with nothing but vapor water. I was strictly speaking about cost and the difference base on the numbers available.

If anything you are the one with the fanboy shades. With your comments such as this "I guess price is what the ford fan boys are going to next...
And lol if you think you can get a gt350 at msrp" bro, fanboys don't like to research actual numbers. They just hear what they want to hear. "you must be high if you don't think the camaro is going to competitively priced with the mustang" I just provided you the numbers, so basically what you are saying is that since the Camaro SS is price similar to the Mustang GT, then by your own reasoning, the Mustang GT is also price to compete with the V6 Camaro and that is just the point I been trying to make all along. Until other numbers become available, the fact remains, and your arguments are the ones back firing unless proven other wise.

Thanks for making me laugh bro!

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
Considering you're getting a "ZL1 performing" SS with MRC that is going to out perform the outgoing 1LE, i'd say a fully loaded SS isn't too outrageous.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Both are priced competitively for what you get out of each car.

My '14 was not "cheap" by any means and fully loaded it came out to almost 47K with tax/title/destination. Sure, I have every option aside from a glass roof, but, that isn't cheap.

The Camaro is a lot of bang for buck and they've always been competitors of the mustangs on paper, at tracks and price-wise.

Once you start adding options to trim levels, all bets are off. Compare equal trim levels and what they come with and compare it against the price, that is the least biased and fairest way to compare prices of each car. If you price out a fully loaded Camaro against a mid-level trim GT and argue that the Camaro is so much more expensive, your argument is flawed and lacks all of the facts.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Does ford get everyone with this trick?

They don't list msrp with destination initially. GM does.

Didn't someone mention that the website pricing for ford didn't include destination charge already?

This is only correct if you are looking at the right number. They post both in different spots of the build and price. Fords is the exact same if you look at the very end where it adds up the total.

* The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Click here to see all Chevrolet vehicles' destination freight charges.
***The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Includes destination freight charge and gas guzzler tax.

Last edited:

Ultrazls1

Established Member
On the initial first page of the build somewhere or other it doesn't show.

It also didn't show it when I did a simple google search.

People on forums are constantly getting it wrong. Even people who supposedly own the cars.

Certain online publications/articles get it wrong at times.

Not saying it's a ford conspiracy... It's just annoying... And clever.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Who cares about price, look at the thing. The only upside is that this car is going to push Ford to bring mag ride as an option on the PP GT, probably in '17

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
At the end of the day the new SS > S550 5.0.

I would say the price is justified.

Hard to tell without a true build cost from their website for the '16s

If the price difference matches the performance difference on paper (what, like 5% better than a GT) then that would be pretty good. I feel like Chevy has always priced the Camaro slightly more than the Mustang.

Last edited:

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Something to consider. From C&D:

The SS model comes standard with Brembo brakes, 20-inch summer tires, and coolers for its transmission, rear differential, and engine oil. It’s the same sort of gear included in the Ford Mustang GT’s $2495 Performance package, only standard. When Ford fans gleefully call out the disparity between the V-8 Camaro’s $37,295 base price and the Mustang GT’s $33,295 ask, this is precisely what they’ll leave out of their argument. (Although that still leaves the Chevy some $1500 pricier.)

Users who are viewing this thread